Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Question Anyone here buy cars at auction

Got rid of the s2000 had to do the practical thing insurance caught wind of a following too closely incident and took a chunk to the tune of $1800 every 6 months out of my arse!!!

I'd like to buy a 1995+ Nissan 240sx, 1993+ Rx-7, or even a honda SI. A theft salvage title would be awesome and fun to rebuild too if thats an option. Would prefer motor intact. Have one local guy with his eyes peeled for me but thought I would ask around.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:44 AM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
aaaahhhh I topic I am so in tune with bro!

first of all.....I have experience in all said cars henceforth that I pseak of and I have spent the majority of my childhood hotrodding imports........thats all dad would get unless it was a TRUE american classic.

Ok so here we go.....

concerning the Nissan 240......find a S13 chassis model...I believe these to be previous of you indicated model years...they had the pop up headlights and make sure you choose a notchback version........frame rigidty will help you immensely in the track ideas I believe you to have...whether strip or autocross or both....this will be a huge help. Also the S13 cars came with drivetrains built to handle upto 400 HP (they are called Nissan Silva's in the japan and the 240sx is a direct dissendent of the silvia bloodline...a couple more bucks in the drivetrain will net you the ability to go 800 ponies real cheap with some shopping for the right parts...name brands arent your friend here. if you choose the silvia/240 bloodline........have a sr20DET (important it has the DET on the end and a red valve cover is desirabe here.....this is a 400 ponie turbo motor that literally bolts right in and all you have to do is re-route 2 heater hoses and lengthen a cable with some splicing......all very easy to do and can be accomplished in a weekend without any hard work...can be done in a day if thought out properly and I have the website to show you the way and the jig to even set it up and install cleanly to the point nobody will know whats in there............till you rip em a new ass!!

the RX-7 is a great car (ala fast and furious) but if you see a check engine light on..............walk away.......means the motor is history and will need a imminent rebuild.......the rotors have a small ass seal that once it rots out (and they will no matter what) the only and I mean only fix is a rebuild....that seal being crapped out means things have gotten into where they werent designed to be.....oil, cooling fluids...etc. keep a SHARP eye on these factors when looking into these cars

The Honda has a great following but if your looking for real HP....plan on building the bottom end as they just cannot handle boost very well........heck they are engineered within mills of their life to get where they are......are they tough cars and yea they have the following to back it and the aftermarket even more so...........but if you plan on getting in on say a turbo.........plan a new engine along with it.....now they have fully gussetted motor blocks that can handle all kinds of power.............IE:Spoon engines and such.............these have bracings and such where the factory left off due to :

#1 cost
#2 weight
#3 mandations that wouldnt allow for it

money wise you are looking at close to the same for planned upgrades I assume you would look into.....turbo, nitrous, timer and engine management...all gonna be close in cost...some harder to install but overall look and cleanliness will be a tad better....or save a buck and maybe have to fab a touch yourself.

Greddy and Turbonetics make GREAT products for any one of these vehicles and nearly all of them are intertwinable to each other so you buy a greddy exhaust and a turbonetics turbo........they will still work with each other.....NX (Nitrous Express) is the proven capable player in the import market for the simple fact they follow the K.I.S.S. method (keep i.t s.imple s.tupid) nothing fancy.......proven and almost 100% reliabilty has brough them from nothing to a major player in this segment

another to look at is the 88-91 honda civics......yea they come stock with a shitty 1.5 liter motor....but the b16a first series (non OBD) motor will almost totally bolt right in........thats 175HP stock from a 4 banger.....again for serious HP you will need to build the bottom end but it aint hard to do.

anything more yo need to ask or have question on...................ask away....i am 100% comfortable with these issues.

Hope that helps a little bit

good luck on the hunt...and ya never know....get one of those babies and I may JUST show up on a doorstep with tools in hand.....I freaking LOVE hot roding imports

Last edited by korrupt1; 12-04-2005 at 03:49 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 10:46 AM
No Crying Allowed

I can't believe the cars you go through...... damn.... lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Korrupt thats is a VERY informative post dude I have to say Thank you... I am still trying to decide which route I want to go.. I think it will come down to the deal I get.. All have the pros and cons which you stated above. I'm keeping my eyes peeled and want to really get a car that I can keep and work on here and there.

HOndas are kind of generic there are so many out there but as you stated there are so many parts for them EVERYWHERE. A 240SX would just be awesome if I could get a good motor in it... I wish you hadn't said that about the S13's though... they are ugly little bastards IMO... an S14 or S15 are So sweet looking with a wide body kits on them!

Thanks for your help man you seem to know 10000x more than I do about wrenching so when I do get a car you're going to be harrassed a lot.

OH I also have the theft salvage buyer looking for an integra GSR. isn't that just a civic with a turbocharged motor and leather seats basically? He has one coming up for auction but it has no motor he said he wont pay more than $4200 for it and I have first dibs so that may be an option... it would be a learning experience as I've never pulled or installed motors in cars.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 12:15 PM
just a user

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
Korrupt thats is a VERY informative post dude I have to say Thank you... I am still trying to decide which route I want to go.. I think it will come down to the deal I get.. All have the pros and cons which you stated above. I'm keeping my eyes peeled and want to really get a car that I can keep and work on here and there.

HOndas are kind of generic there are so many out there but as you stated there are so many parts for them EVERYWHERE. A 240SX would just be awesome if I could get a good motor in it... I wish you hadn't said that about the S13's though... they are ugly little bastards IMO... an S14 or S15 are So sweet looking with a wide body kits on them!

Thanks for your help man you seem to know 10000x more than I do about wrenching so when I do get a car you're going to be harrassed a lot.

OH I also have the theft salvage buyer looking for an integra GSR. isn't that just a civic with a turbocharged motor and leather seats basically? He has one coming up for auction but it has no motor he said he wont pay more than $4200 for it and I have first dibs so that may be an option... it would be a learning experience as I've never pulled or installed motors in cars.

I hear ya on the s13 chassis but if you add the silva nose with the fixed headlights and some other small mods...(letezza tailights and such) they dont actually look bad at all and actually wind up having the exact look your going for I believe.

the Integra IS based on the civic platform.....and a decent project motor I would go this way would be called a "frankenstein" engine

a frankenstein is like a b18 (1800cc block) with a b16(1600 cc)head and valve covr....the b18 will give you some heavy duty torque and the 1600cc head lets you have the revs...best of both worlds

some adjustable cams and and gears....POWER everywhere!!

dont worry about asking man....Im itching to get me another 88 4dr civic....and for me it has to be a 88 and 4doors....personal preference here....when I had mine dumbest thing I ever did was sell it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 12:28 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:

guess whos got a cherry picker and engine stand stone. haha
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 12:30 PM
just a user

Quote:
Originally Posted by snair
guess whos got a cherry picker and engine stand stone. haha
Im thinking you might be moving that into a new area for a bit bro.

laugh
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 12:46 PM
phil-osepher

just buy a C5 or C6 and be done with it! Thats what I'm going to do within the next 3 to 4 years...

haha

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Haha I'd buy something awesome but I want something I can buy outright if I finance I have to get full insurance and since my driving record isn't "PRISTINE" for a few years.... yeah.. Anythign with 2 doors (even a civic DX with the small motor) is about $1200 every 6 months.

this is the kind of car I want to build a sweet looking drift machine!! I started drifting a little with the S2000 on on and off ramps (scares people to death when they see you ass ending it around a corner).

This is the ony reason im leaning away from FWD cars...

Snair!!! you dug your own grave man.... When I come over with a motor on a pallet dont complain!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
Im thinking you might be moving that into a new area for a bit bro.

laugh
i dont care he can use it.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Haha I'd buy something awesome but I want something I can buy outright if I finance I have to get full insurance and since my driving record isn't "PRISTINE" for a few years.... yeah.. Anythign with 2 doors (even a civic DX with the small motor) is about $1200 every 6 months.

this is the kind of car I want to build a sweet looking drift machine!! I started drifting a little with the S2000 on on and off ramps (scares people to death when they see you ass ending it around a corner).

This is the ony reason im leaning away from FWD cars...

Snair!!! you dug your own grave man.... When I come over with a motor on a pallet dont complain!
haha we could put it in most tic.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:12 PM
FAsT BOYS

we could bead blast all your shit and brackets make them look nice.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS RACING

Snair PM me your address I'm leaving thursday until christmas want to send you something so you get it before Christmas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode