Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

S2000?

While we are talking about cars (I saw stone's post)

So last week I'm on the highway in my suv, cruising at about 70mph. I hear this loud noise, sounds like a sportbike almost. I'm thinking "wow, who is crazy enough to ride when its 40 outside?"

Then, I see this S2000 kind of cruise by, probably doing 75 or so. He gets a couple car lengths ahead of me in the other lane and I hear him drop a gear and gun it. Sounds like the mother of all John Deer Lawnmowers at 20,000rpm. Big pipes coming out the back make it even louder! Then funny thing is................................................ ........................................

The dude wasnt even going anywhere

Car is just creeping away, slowly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 04:09 PM
FAsT BOYS RACING

Those motors are LOUD. with the stock airbox they really sound like they are suffocating and the motor is going to blow up.
They are moderately fast. The redline is 9000rpm so they scream above 6k when the vtech kicks in.

I miss mine. Its strong point isn't raw power its the handling. the thing was awesome in turns.

post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 04:11 PM
I swear it wasn't my pipe

Send a message via AIM to Pvt Jet Send a message via MSN to Pvt Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Pvt Jet
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcmuffinboi
Those motors are LOUD. with the stock airbox they really sound like they are suffocating and the motor is going to blow up.
They are moderately fast. The redline is 9000rpm so they scream above 6k when the vtech kicks in.

I miss mine. Its strong point isn't raw power its the handling. the thing was awesome in turns.
Drove my parents G35 Coupe while I was on vaca last year and it's the same way.. Not so much as fast (kinda quick) but it handled like a mofo. :
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 04:12 PM
we meat again

:laugh

I bet it's because he has a hole in his exhaust...

:

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 04:13 PM
FAsT BOYS RACING

They do move pretty well though, I killed an early 90's corvette on the highway he wasn't happy. but I also go my ass lit by an STI.

post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 04:21 PM
we meat again

Quote:
They do move pretty well though, I killed an early 90's corvette on the highway he wasn't happy. but I also go my ass lit by an STI.
Oh yes, the STi and EVO are FAST! :

But all 3 of those are fun to drive though...

¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 05:24 PM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Jet
Drove my parents G35 Coupe while I was on vaca last year and it's the same way.. Not so much as fast (kinda quick) but it handled like a mofo. :
wanna know the funny thing about vehicles like this?

kids these days think these cars are all the shit.....and I know for a fact AzScorpion had one and hated the damn thing.......if it wasnt broken...it wasnt going fast but yet they sell for top $$ and the youth of today will think its the top shit because it costs alot.

no thanks...I am happier with my olds...nothing special about it anymore nor was it eve special........but its mine (paid for I mean : )

I really dont think there is a car/suv/truck out these days that I would consider really buying and sticking myself with payments again.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 05:35 PM
I am not Loved :(

Send a message via MSN to 04stangman
There is a cure for that, Here it is........

post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 05:48 PM
FAsT BOYS

post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
I hate to call you out on this but I am... lmao

If you did, the corvette wasn't racing you... lol

I have owned an S2000 and I own a 92 Vette and there is no comparision on power at all.... the Vette would smoke the S2000 any day of the week...

don't even try to make this comparision...

I will tell you driving the S2000 was like driving a little go cart. A very nice car to drive around town... but comparing it to a 300+ HP vette... naaaaa ain't going to happen...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snair
There you go hate'n again!:kick
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:17 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
I hate to call you out on this but I am... lmao

If you did, the corvette wasn't racing you... lol

I have owned an S2000 and I own a 92 Vette and there is no comparision on power at all.... the Vette would smoke the S2000 any day of the week...

don't even try to make this comparision...

I will tell you driving the S2000 was like driving a little go cart. A very nice car to drive around town... but comparing it to a 300+ HP vette... naaaaa ain't going to happen...
hmm... I would say both are very close...

1992 Corvette with chip mod:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...slip-2237.html

2002 S2000 stock:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Honda-S2000-Timeslip-2517.html

But these are from stand still though... one problem with Honda is lack of torque, so on a roll-on race... it's going to be hard...

But handling, the S2000 will leave the '92 Vett in the dust... :

Yes you can tell, I'm not really an American cars fan... :

Last edited by valerossi; 12-04-2005 at 06:22 PM.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:26 PM
No Crying Allowed

Vale- for the first time I'm going to say I strongly disagree.

I really don't think you can even make that comparision unless you have driven both...

There is no comparision between these two cars........

I see your time slips but they only as good as the person posting them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
hmm... I would say both are very close...

1992 Corvette with chip mod:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...slip-2237.html

2002 S2000 stock:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Honda-S2000-Timeslip-2517.html

But these are from stand still though... one problem with Honda is lack of torque, so on a roll-on race... it's going to be hard...

But handling, the S2000 will leave the '92 Vett in the dust... :

Yes you can tell, I'm not really an American cars fan... :

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Last edited by R1Lover; 12-04-2005 at 06:43 PM.
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:40 PM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
my maxima had a the selective ride and I tore up vettes with that in the corners....they couldnt hang nearly as well
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:43 PM

:corn
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:43 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Vale- for the first time I' ginna say you are on CRACK if you think the S2000 handles anywhere near what a 92 Vette with Selective ride does.

I really don't think you can even make that comparrision unless you have driven both...

Get off the crack Bro... :1poke :1poke he he
LOL man... have you ever actually took your 1992 Corvette on a track and try it? Trust me, I don't need to drive it to know, I've seen that car on tracks many times and they were never known to be a good handling car... if you don't belive me, take a look here...

http://www.speedventures.com/track_records_db.asp

Do you see ANY C4 Corvettes on it? But I see a lot of S2000s though...

Last edited by valerossi; 12-04-2005 at 06:47 PM.
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:44 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
my maxima had a the selective ride and I tore up vettes with that in the corners....they couldnt hang nearly as well
Now I've heard it all........... LMAO

I guess you guy's have never driven a newer vette huh...

What next a hummer handles better than a Z06...

Come on people...lol :::

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:46 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
LOL man... have you ever actually took your 1992 Corvette on a track and try it? Trust me, I don't need to drive it to know, I've seen that car on tracks many times and they were never known to be a good handling car... if you don't belive me, take a look here...

http://www.speedventures.com/track_records_db.asp

Do you see ANY C4 Corvettes on it? But I see a lot of S2000s though...

Why would you see a C4 when there are newer and better C5's out now??

I see your side, but I still stand my ground... lol

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:55 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Now I've heard it all........... LMAO

I guess you guy's have never driven a newer vette huh...

What next a hummer handles better than a Z06...

Come on people...lol :::
Actually... the Hummer does handle better... on snow... :1poke

:

post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 07:01 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Why would you see a C4 when there are newer and better C5's out now??

I see your side, but I still stand my ground... lol
Why? Because...

:1poke

I think these guys are with me... :

LOL R1Lover, sorry for the bashing, just having fun here, I know they're fast...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode