Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
XM 5 38.46%
Sirius? 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
I swear it wasn't my pipe

Send a message via AIM to Pvt Jet Send a message via MSN to Pvt Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Pvt Jet
Sirius or XM?

Thinking about getting a portable satellite receiver. Would be nice to have something to listen to while riding and I already have an mp3 player. I'm torn between XM or Sirius. I like the fact that the XM has baseball (I'm a transplated Red Sox diehard) but Sirius is supposed to better as far as fidelity and I'm curious to listen to Howard Stern uncensored. Thoughts? Opinions? Anybody use either?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Pvt Jet Send a message via MSN to Pvt Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Pvt Jet
Oh yeah and Sirius also has NPR...
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 03:51 PM

I say............ Xmirius :
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Just Flying Low..

Send a message via AIM to slcr1 Send a message via Yahoo to slcr1
I love Sirius..

I say get a free trial to each online an see what ya like..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

XM has MLB

Sirius has NFL..

Tough damn choice..

But I do like this little gadget:

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...7870&scId=7874
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Had Sirius the whole time I was in NM. Loved it. Never tried XM so I can't compare, but Sirius was great.

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

If I had a portable unit instead of the one mounted in the car, I would have kept it still....

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 04:04 PM
I am not Loved :(

Send a message via MSN to 04stangman
I have XM, I know that the internet serevice is good. You can log into your accounts from anywhere and listen on your comp.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 04:46 PM
No Crying Allowed

XM for me, but it's becasue it came in the truck and my wifes tahoe also..... I guess GM is hooked up with XM....?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Just Flying Low..

Send a message via AIM to slcr1 Send a message via Yahoo to slcr1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stangman
I have XM, I know that the internet serevice is good. You can log into your accounts from anywhere and listen on your comp.
Sirius is the same... can log in from any net connection.. i've never had a single issue withem

/
/
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:08 PM
just a user

Send a message via MSN to korrupt1 Send a message via Yahoo to korrupt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
XM for me, but it's becasue it came in the truck and my wifes tahoe also..... I guess GM is hooked up with XM....?
yeap..........and I believe Sirius is more ford.

I prefer XM more myself....had a XM in the civic and was real happy with it
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
xm has more music choice while serius has more sports channels. Depends on what you want more
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbound
xm has more music choice while serius has more sports channels. Depends on what you want more
Yeah, but in this case "More" is a relative term. This is a couple months old ( 6/28/05) but according to this comparison for just "MUSIC" channels: Sirius has 65, XM has 67.

Take a look: http://radio.about.com/library/blsatellitechart.htm

If they've update since then, the numbers might be slightly different, but I would venture a guess that they still run neck and neck.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:38 PM
No Crying Allowed

It basically like Directv and Dish network. It's a toss up...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
i've seen comparisons that focused more on the actual sound of the programming, and there were complaints that side by side Sirius sounded "tinny" and "lacked depth"
I can't find them, but personally, i'd see how each sounds side by side before i spent money on either...

post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
It basically like Directv and Dish network. It's a toss up...
LOL--Dish Network carries Sirius...but I've never once listened to it on the TV

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
LOL--Dish Network carries Sirius...but I've never once listened to it on the TV
Direct TV now carries XM....

i tune them all out

post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
i've seen comparisons that focused more on the actual sound of the programming, and there were complaints that side by side Sirius sounded "tinny" and "lacked depth"
I can't find them, but personally, i'd see how each sounds side by side before i spent money on either...
Another good point and one that is being considered as I plan to use it on my home theatre as well.. I've heard the opposite though that Sirius sounded better then XM.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:50 PM
der Ubermember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Jet
Another good point and one that is being considered as I plan to use it on my home theatre as well.. I've heard the opposite that Sirius sounded better then XM.
the one i saw was on the old TechTV show....

they had the portable units for each.....

personally i've never heard either....

post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Got to be a bunch of sound shops around you that carry them Kev....go listen in person and judge for yourself

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode