Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
meat popsicle

Cold weather question.

Our car is going to be sitting outside in low to mid 30s for 5 to 6 days while we are in Cali for the holidays. What are the chances it will not start when we get back? Here in Chicago it kinda takes a while to start when its cold. It always starts on the first try but its kinda slow to do so. The car is brand new.

Kind of a lame question I know but I thought I knew about cold until i moved here! Chicago cold is crazy compared to NJ winters. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 AM

Does your car has one of those block-heater plug? A lot of new cars here in Canada comes with it... check under hood, a lot of European cars don't have it hang out in the front grill, it's hidden under the hood...

:corn
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 AM

I still need to get one of those :-(
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 12:15 PM
No Crying Allowed

low 30's should not be an issue at all as long as you have anit freezein it and a decent battery.........

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 PM
No Crying Allowed

Unless of course, if this is a mustang then your door handles and other thing may break off in the cold....

lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
low 30's is nothing. just worry about it in below 0 degree weather. then you really want a block heater

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
low 30's is nothing. just worry about it in below 0 degree weather. then you really want a block heater
Yeah that's true... I didn't see the mid 30F part... that's about -1C... should be a problem at all...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 12:47 PM

Yeah like they said you wont have problems with just that temp... however some things to watch out for in cold weather is the typical cold air intake mod a bunch of people do on their cars... this typically removes the choke system and makes it much more difficult to start in the cold... this is the only reason why my car still has stock airbox :-( A DECENT battery should be fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode