Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Send a message via AIM to 2000750
Opinions wanted on Business cards...

Okay...my companies current business cards are old and tired...and it's time for something with a little more visual impact. Being the most computer literate employee...I decided to see what I could come up with for a new business card design.

I work at an independant automotive repair shop that does service and performance for Audi, BMW, and Volkswagen. So obviously...I'm going with a automotive theme. We don't really have a "Logo" per-say...in fact...the old owners of the company had a logo that we're trying to get away from.

Since our two primary lines are Audi and BMW, I've designed one card for the BMW techs and one for the Audi techs. I've got a few other designs but nothing else that's this "finished" yet. I'll probably try and come up with a few others to post up...but I wanted to get some preliminary opinions first.

Anyway...if nothing else...it's at least a way to pass the time while playing around in Photoshop.

Thanks for the input guys...:

oh....and this is all my business info....so don't go signin me up for anything please......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CardcloseAudi.jpg (64.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg CardcloseBMW.jpg (64.8 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
No Crying Allowed

I like the top one....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 11:52 AM

Just a thought, but you might want to increase the opacity of the background your text is on, so less of the picture behind is showing. The way it is now, the picture competes too much with the essential data for the viewers eye and attention.

If you increase the opacity of the text background, your text will stand out more.

my .02 euros...
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04R1Belgium
Just a thought, but you might want to increase the opacity of the background your text is on, so less of the picture behind is showing. The way it is now, the picture competes too much with the essential data for the viewers eye and attention.

If you increase the opacity of the text background, your text will stand out more.

my .02 euros...
That was my first thoguht as well.

remember the objective
to get the information to the person.

the picture draws them away from the info currently.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

It's funny you guys mention that....all of my first drafts were exactly that. The background was much more opaque. The only reason I changed that was because one of the guys here at the shop said it looked too light.

I'll mess around with that more and try to find a happy medium. I agree though...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 PM

Since your target customers are Audi and BMW, I would use something a bit more clean, simple, and fancy... your design is not bad, but somehow I feel it's more suitable for import tuners, cause that's how most of their business cards look like... that's just my opinion...

Anyway, since I was bored, I did something real quick as a base design, if you want the .psd, I can give it to you also so you can make changes and play with it...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg autosportwerks_v1a.jpg (38.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg aw_front.jpg (34.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg aw_back.jpg (22.7 KB, 19 views)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Here's a version more along the lines of what I initially had...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CardcloseAudiAndyMM.jpg (72.7 KB, 21 views)
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Thanks Val...

I agree about appreciating the clean designs. That's what I initially had envisioned. But you know how it goes...some times you've got your thinking cap on and sometimes you don't.

This was the one design that I made yesterday that I stuck with instead of scrapping in the first 10 minutes!

And if you don't mind........shoot the .psd over to me...my e-mail is on the card.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Old and fast...

And two Thai brides will be showing up at your office soon...

Steve
'11 Green Kawi ZX-10R ABS
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000750
Thanks Val...

I agree about appreciating the clean designs. That's what I initially had envisioned. But you know how it goes...some times you've got your thinking cap on and sometimes you don't.

This was the one design that I made yesterday that I stuck with instead of scrapping in the first 10 minutes!

And if you don't mind........shoot the .psd over to me...my e-mail is on the card.
I'll send you a .zip file with the font and .psd files...

Btw... this is how I would have my card... front & back...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aw_front.jpg (34.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg aw_back.jpg (22.7 KB, 20 views)
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Gotcha...I like the two sided design and I don't.

The upside is more information and a different format.

The downside is a lack of room to write appointments and information down for customers.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Gotcha...I like the two sided design and I don't.

The upside is more information and a different format.

The downside is a lack of room to write appointments and information down for customers.
I see what you mean... good points... anyway that's just an idea... also maybe if you use a lighter color for the back, then there are still some room for writting appointments and stuff...

Btw... I sent you the files through yousendit.com, if you didn't receive the email, here is the download link...

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...F2F2V35JLSIGCA

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Val,

I just got the yousendit file...thanks!

It's funny becaust I opened up the files and I've got literally those EXACT same logos on my computer allready. I don't just mean and Audi, BMW, and VW logo either. Gotta love googlel images... :

One reason I was hesitant to use the logos in a similar way was due to copyright infringement. Although it's doubtbul...I would hate to go print off 2,000 cards only to have one of the Manufacturers come down on me.

Again...doubtful...but a possibility.

I figured the interior would be a clever way to use an automotive theme but not have a blatantly obvious logo. A keen eye will be able to tell the interior and appreciate it.

anyway...to the drawing board I go!

Last edited by 2000750; 12-29-2005 at 01:23 PM.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
pretty

I would go with one side because you could write things on the back like you said..

I kinda like the simple design that Val created the ones with the dash board are very busy and destracting.. but still looks good..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Quote:
One reason I was hesitant to use the logos in a similar way was due to copyright infringement. Although it's doubtbul...I would hate to go print off 2,000 cards only to have one of the Manufacturers come down on me.

Again...doubtful...but a possibility.

I figured the interior would be a clever way to use an automotive theme but not have a blatantly obvious logo. A keen eye will be able to tell the interior and appreciate it.

anyway...to the drawing board I go!
If you gonna get in touble with those logos, then you'll get in trouble with the same logo on the steering wheel in that interior picture, makes no difference...

Btw... aren't you guys an authorized shop to sell parts for Audi, BMW, and VW? If yes, then I don't see why you'll get into trouble by using their logos... you guys carry any parts directly from the manufacturers or 100% aftermarket parts? If 100% aftermarket, then just replace those logos with the logos from different tuners... and write "Audi, BMW, WV" at the bottom or something...

:corn
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
I'd have to agree with Rinn. Val's design is a little more professional looking, to the point, and very sharp. The dash in the backround definately screams "CAR", but it's too busy, too much going on. But hey, you guys are mechanics, not lawyers....so maybe Ivy League class isn't neccesary. But I'd still go with Val's.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Again...thanks for the input guys...

Val, in regards to the copyright issue. Yes, technically you're right. I'd get into just as much trouble with the logo's on the steering wheels as on your version. We are an authorized shop as far as selling OEM parts but, that's still different than being an Audi, BMW or VW new car dealer. Only a factory dealer is authorized to use the actual logos. I can use the word spelled out...but not their trademark.

I'm now working on developing my own version of a "clean" design...
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 04:56 PM

The only way I will keep a business card given to me is if the person left me with a good impression. I dont care what it looks like so either one is fine by me. Thats just me though.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena808
The only way I will keep a business card given to me is if the person left me with a good impression. I dont care what it looks like so either one is fine by me. Thats just me though.

:imwst ..... and I get more than enough of them on a daily basis of people wanting us to buy their products at work...
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 06:22 PM

here's an idea that a lot of the higher end porsche and ferrari dealers use (Brumos Porsche was the first place i saw them)
tehy hav a card that is actually folded.
so they have a vary basic design on the front, and then it flips up and inside are the info lines and the like.
this actuall gave them three side to put designs on, and the bak was lined for "notes"

we used that at the shop in daytona and people loved it.
problem was the cards are much more pricey to make.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode