Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Cold or Flu???

For any that don't know the difference in the symptoms....

The flu has a sudden onset with symptoms that include high fever and chills, cough, runny or congested nose, sore throat, intense fatigue, severe muscle aches, and headache.

The common cold is much less severe, with symptoms such as low-grade fever, cough, runny or congested nose, sneezing, and mild sore throat.

My son unfortunately has 103 fever.. and is definately starting with the flu which is already fast traveling thru AZ... 808 cases with 424 from just last week...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 09:51 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Goin round out here too. Everbody at work, home, daughters school when I picke her up.

But I never get a flu shot either.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Wheatman

I hate being sick...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 01:46 AM

that sucks... i was sick for 4 weeks a little while ago...wasn't fun....but now all of my roommates have it and its funny know i gave it to them
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

be careful with the flu shots everyone, I just found this out from my new neighbor's-

My new neighbor is a quadraplegic in a wheelchair, and when he first moved in I was talking to his brother, both of them are in there late 30's early 40's, in conversation I asked what had happened to his brother. After he told me he was a Navy fighter pilot, I thought perhaps it was a combat injury, he then told me that he was also a fireman for several years, so I then ask if it was a fire fighting accident, to which he again told me no.

This was the result of a flu shot he received at the VA hospital, and that at the time, 20 other patients received shots from the same lot of syrum, with similier debilitating symptoms. Within 48hrs. after the shot he lost all feeling & use of his extremities below the waist. Within another 24hrs. he was comotose, when he came out of the coma, he is as he is today, a quad. The syndrome is attacking and eating his nerves, it is irreversable and fatal, it is only a matter of time.

This is so tragically sad that something as minor as a flu shot can strike down an unbelievable heathy and verile young man, as quickly as it has, and not be treatable.

I was told this story 2 days after I got my flu shot.

this is what my neighbor has-Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
What is GBS?
Guillain-Barré (pronounced ghee-YAN bah-RAY) syndrome is a disease in which the body damages its own nerve cells (outside of the brain and spinal cord), resulting in muscle weakness and sometimes paralysis. GBS can last for weeks to months. Most people eventually recover completely or nearly completely, but some people have permanent nerve damage and between 5% and 6% of people who develop GBS die. GBS affects people of both sexes and all ages, and has been reported in all races.

What causes GBS?
It is thought that GBS may be triggered by an infection. The infection that most commonly precedes GBS is caused by a bacterium called Campylobacter jejuni. Other respiratory or intestinal illnesses and other triggers may also precede an episode of GBS. In 1976, vaccination with the swine flu vaccine was associated with getting GBS. Several studies have been done to evaluate if other flu vaccines since 1976 were associated with GBS. Only one of the studies showed an association. That study suggested that one person out of 1 million vaccinated persons may be at risk of GBS associated with the vaccine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 10:59 AM

I got sick twice in one week....both fever/chills/headache etc
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 11:57 AM

I dont get flu shots.

I tough my shit out....period...no drugs, no pills, no nothing
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
I dont get flu shots.

I tough my shit out....period...no drugs, no pills, no nothing

I'm the same way. In fact its been years since I've had a cold or flu. Flu ant shit try getting nailed by a gila monster If you want to know the meaning of pain. I did and I toughed It out, no doctors, no drugs, LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

I rarely get sick.. if I do it's like 24 hours tops.... unlike others in and out of my house .... :laugh

My son kicked the fever for the most part... down under 100 finally...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
I'm the same way. In fact its been years since I've had a cold or flu. Flu ant shit try getting nailed by a gila monster If you want to know the meaning of pain. I did and I toughed It out, no doctors, no drugs, LOL

you too???

never go camping here with out some first aid I found out!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode