Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Ask the Chief

Patriot Detail

I did something pretty moving today. They do what they call a "Patriot Detail" here at Camp Anaconda. Since this is a huge hub for transport aircraft movement in and out of Iraq, the deceased come thru here and onto transport planes for the trip home. I'd been getting basewide e-mails every few days about coming over and participating, but today was the first time we did it. Six of us from my squadron went over, and immediately became pallbearers. About 75 members of units from all over the base showed up.

We waited for an hour for the C-130 to show up. When it did, we marched out in two ranks, right up behind the rear loading ramp. Movements by all were about as military as you can get, sharp turns, salutes and all. The van backed up, and the six of us stepped forward. One guy stepped up behind the casket, and rendered a slow salute. As he pulled the flag-draped casket out, the rest of us took hold. We made a sharp pivot, facing the aircraft, and all hands present saluted the casket. They held the salute until we got inside the Herc. Slowly, we set the casket down, stood up all together, and saluted in unison.

When I saw that casket draped with the flag, I got chills. These five guys were on patrol two nights ago in Baghdad, living...breathing...joking around. Now they're here, draped under our mighty flag. They were all killed by the same IED. I thought about how many times this has happened in the last three years...the last 10 years...heck, in every war we've ever had. These guys had families, children, loved ones. Now they lie silent. They gave it all for the defense of our great nation. We hear about these patriots, making the ultimate sacrifice, and now I was face to face with one of them.

It was all I could do to choke back the tears. God bless you my friends, my brothers. Rest in peace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 05:29 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Yeah its crazy how things come into perspective and how your mind races when you are face to face with death.

Come back safe man.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 05:32 PM

Be safe,,,thank you for sharing that.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
To those who have served and died in defense of our country, thank you and may God bless you all.

Here's a short, but apt tribute to veterans I found online: http://www.military.com/VeteransDay/...ayTribute.html

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 06:33 PM
No Crying Allowed

Prayers to all...... Very sad but also very good that you were a part of it....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 09:40 PM

I have nothing to say that could even remotely touch my feelings.....having a good friend die over there once I would be at some horrible loss to lose another.

to the fallen soldiers and the brave men that fight for our freedom against tyranny I say thank you and god bless for you do what many others cannot or will not. I would give anything to beside my brothers in arms fighting for this great country and its continued existence.

Men such as Mark and any soldier there has a place in my heart as a brother, friend and most of all a soldier

God rest to those that have given so we may be free
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 09:41 PM

im going to go now and look at my friends picture...since that is all i have left of him to remeber him by.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:24 PM
FAsT BOYS

RIP and thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode