Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

New Years Eve and the aftermath

she's hurt....but repairable. Think the bike got off better than I did!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg just me 001 (Medium).jpg (77.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg just me 002 (Medium).jpg (79.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg just me 003 (Medium).jpg (74.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg just me 004 (Medium).jpg (61.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg just me 005 (Medium).jpg (63.0 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Attached Images
File Type: jpg just me 006 (Medium).jpg (60.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg just me 007 (Medium).jpg (66.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg just me 008 (Medium).jpg (42.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg just me 009 (Medium).jpg (51.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg just me 010 (Medium).jpg (70.9 KB, 23 views)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

:jimmie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg just me 011 (Medium).jpg (55.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg just me 012 (Medium).jpg (69.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg just me 013 (Medium).jpg (40.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg just me 014 (Medium).jpg (60.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg just me 015 (Medium).jpg (41.0 KB, 23 views)
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

:corn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg just me 016 (Medium).jpg (55.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg just me 017 (Medium).jpg (54.5 KB, 23 views)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

All in all not bad considering. Frame has a small scratch that you can see next to the shifter but thats it....I obviously am gonna need a tail section..under tray and trunk and a light assembly. I was fighting with the bar end and I think the bolt is twisted in there because it aint coming out yet. Mid I think I can sand down and shoot with some black paint and possibly the lowers too and the upper dont look so bad. The rim is a drag to be sure...thats gonna have to be replaced for my piece of mind. It wont shift unless forced by hand at the moment but I am pretty sure thats just something sitting out of whack because you can shift quite easily by hand.

ahhhh...the joys motorcycles bestow upon us.

on a side note when it was started for me this morning...it was puffing the blue smoke on start up and any revs given it and it seemed to run really rough till it got some engine temp then disappeared.

I guess its time for a rebuild huh? I cant complain.....many good miles out of her and has always treated me well.

:

so there it is and the carnage that came with. Im going to sleep now...doubled my pills again so i am pretty freaking tired now. Pops is gonna put her up in the back room and as parts arrive he is gonna call me and see what my wishes are for repairs...I know my dad...he'll do all the work before I get here because its what he loves to do. I wouldnt be surprised to see a all black bike upon my return to Phoenix to pick it up.

now if I could only walk. :jimmie
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Wow, only cosmetic damage.
Now get well and fix that bitch
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Wow, only cosmetic damage.
Now get well and fix that bitch
Mostly I guess.....shifter peg and some very small items that need replaced...wiring is gonna suck....lucky for me I have a color keyed manual around here somewhere

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:57 PM
No Crying Allowed

You didn't tell us you were riding a wheelie without a helmet and went over backwards.... :jimmie

I thought you went down in a corner or something.... :jimmie

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
You didn't tell us you were riding a wheelie without a helmet and went over backwards.... :jimmie

uh...yes I did.

I had gone to store.....rearend stepped out and i hit gas...bike stood up vertical and over I went

almost my exact words bro.

I make no excuse for riding without a lid and it will ever happen gain nor will riding without boots, jacket, gloves and proper riding pants.

basically I wont ride without full gear on ever again.

I got lucky. Coulda been a whole lot worse.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Yeah, I do remember you saying the front end came up. Damn....like you said, it could've been worse, but it's still sad to see. And talk about shitty timing. Hopefully your dad will come through and take this one headache of your hands.
Meanwhile you concentrate on getting "yourself" repaired, bro. Shouldn't you be packing right about now?? : Come on down to the land of sunshine and don't worry about the bike for a while. She'll be taken care of in time.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
He only knows to ride in straights
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
uh...yes I did.

I had gone to store.....rearend stepped out and i hit gas...bike stood up vertical and over I went.
In another word... you're riding a wheelie... rearend stepped out + gas = highside :1poke :1poke

It's ok, a lot of people ride wheelies... including myself... just wear your gears next time... :slutty

Honestly, your bike didn't came out too bad at all from this accident... anyway, heal yourself up, that's the most important...
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 04:02 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Basicilly he thought he was in 2nd was in 1st hit the gas 12-0-clocked it snaped the ass off and went down hard... :jimmie

but the bike doesn't need that much.. it will cost cuz well anything for a bike costs.. but all in all you came out pretty good.. I'd check junkyards for a rim.. see if anyone else went down before and there rim isn't jacked up..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 04:04 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt1
uh...yes I did.

I had gone to store.....rearend stepped out and i hit gas...bike stood up vertical and over I went

almost my exact words bro.

I make no excuse for riding without a lid and it will ever happen gain nor will riding without boots, jacket, gloves and proper riding pants.

basically I wont ride without full gear on ever again.

I got lucky. Coulda been a whole lot worse.
Dude, lets be honest with ourselves here. Someone with as much experience riding as yourself doesn't accidently grab a handfull of throttle and accidently have the rear end swing out, only to accidently bring the bike to a 12 oclock...:jimmie

We all make bad judgement calls. I once tossed a friend's bike under a parked car while riding a wheelie too long down a residential street.

Anyways, no helmet is bad enough. I really do think that anyone that mounts a motorcycle without a helmet is a complete idiot (at that moment in time). So, lesson learned here. I'm glad you are ok, the bike actually doesnt look that bad. I doubt if you need a rebuild. Heck, a new tail section/subframe and she'll be ready to ride.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 04:36 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
Dude, lets be honest with ourselves here. Someone with as much experience riding as yourself doesn't accidently grab a handfull of throttle and accidently have the rear end swing out, only to accidently bring the bike to a 12 oclock...:jimmie

We all make bad judgement calls. I once tossed a friend's bike under a parked car while riding a wheelie too long down a residential street.

Anyways, no helmet is bad enough. I really do think that anyone that mounts a motorcycle without a helmet is a complete idiot (at that moment in time). So, lesson learned here. I'm glad you are ok, the bike actually doesnt look that bad. I doubt if you need a rebuild. Heck, a new tail section/subframe and she'll be ready to ride.
:imwst

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

oh I admit I had been riding wheelies.....but my friend that brought me my bike said there was loose dirt/gravel in the road. Havent the rear step out could happen to anybody. Coulda swore I was in second though.

It happens, and it happened to me. Like DJ said...bad timing is all.

Oh well...she will be getting fixed up in no time and looking better than ever. Pop and I talked and I may just make her all gloss black (Raven 03? :laugh). And I can say one of the first things to get replaced are gonna be those sliders.....they saved a bunch on my bike that could have potentially been much worse.

And Eve...Im packed and ready to go baby!! Only thing left is to put the laptop in its bag for the flight out! :
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

BTW...took the final ride into the backyard and propped her up on her stands. gonna be hard leaving it here for any length of time.

least I have a couple of goals to strive towards now too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode