Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
meat...

and not val's.

i hope buffalo meat is good. going to do some buffalo steaks and top sirloin (beef) up in the george forman for me and the gf tonight. never had buffalo. any comments?

i've heard it's a little dry as it's lean so the forman should help keep it moist compared to other ways of c ooking it.

gonna go see hostel later tonight i think. didn't even plan it but me and the gf have no classes at all on fri's woo hoo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:51 AM

Val's legacy preceeds him.

On topic...I've had buffalo meat on a few occasions and it was pretty good. I think most times they were buffalo burgers so I didn't really get the opportunity to taste just the meat itself.

Val is the only person I know of that likes just "meat". MV-999Rs meat to be exact.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Rookie again

It's much healthier than regular beef, the buffalo I meant, not 999R's....

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 01:52 PM

I know Buffalo jerky is good!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1
It's much healthier than regular beef, the buffalo I meant, not 999R's....
it's no more or less healthy than beef

it is merely leaner

one of the problems with it is that the "fat" or marbeling in beef is what gives it it's flavor.
without marbleing, meet is bland (pork, chicken)
fat content is what makes meat "taste" good.

buffalo is probably not what you are having, but more likely (beefalo) which is a hybrid of angus beef cows and buffalo which is easier to raise and better tasting.

Beefalo is not as gamey as buffalo and also has some of the marbleing throught it that beef has.

it's got a "harsher" and less subtle flavor than beef, but not in a bad way in my opinion.

You should like it if you've ever had other "wild game" meats and not found them distasteful.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
nah it's buffalo. we have a place here that has 2k of them and lives near my parents. they buy it from them. it was okay, but yes it was lean. i prefer a good cut of beef though. was a little too lean for my taste, but was still very good

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
nah it's buffalo. we have a place here that has 2k of them and lives near my parents. they buy it from them. it was okay, but yes it was lean. i prefer a good cut of beef though. was a little too lean for my taste, but was still very good
if it's being raised for meat, than its probably beefalo.

buffalo tend to not stop for fences........

:

you cant tell the difference just by looking.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 05:04 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
could actually be BISON..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode