Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Year of the dog

Year of the Dog won't be friendly to mankind, fortune tellers say
2006-01-25 02:22:03 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
HONG KONG, Jan 25 (AP) -- The Year of the dog is named after man's best friend, so it should be a better year for humanity, with fewer earthquakes, wars and other nastiness, right?

Probably not, say Chinese fortunetellers who are predicting the new Lunar Year, which begins Jan. 29, will bring more epidemics, terrorist attacks and a worsening of North Korea's nuclear crisis.

"In general, it doesn't look good. It will be just as bad" as last year, said Hong Kong soothsayer Alion Yeo.

The Lunar New Year is the biggest festival for ethnic Chinese -- about one-fifth of the world's population. As they shop for new clothes and the freshest foods from the market in preparation for the festivities, many Chinese also snap up fortune tellers' guides to see what the Year of the Dog has in store for them.

"The Year of the Dog is a year of strong fire," Yeo said. "That represents hill fires, for example, and military conflicts."

Japan and the Koreas, in particular, could be the source of military clashes and could see an aggravation of the nuclear crisis involving North Korea.

Famous dogs include pop stars Jennifer Lopez and Madonna, Hollywood director Steven Spielburg, tycoon Donald Trump, former U.S. President Bill Clinton and current U.S. President George W. Bush, along with his father.

Fortune teller and celebrity feng shui master Peter So predicted that 2006 will be a "year of diseases."

Viruses, like bird flu, will spread to western Europe and to America's east coast, So said. Asian cities like Hong Kong should also be prepared for more frequent "stomach diseases," he said.

"There will be a lot of small problems generally. But they won't be too serious," he said.

The new year will also bring with it more terrorist activities, So said. Terrorism would threaten southern countries such as Thailand and Indonesia, as well as northern regions like Korea and Russia, he said.

It's not all doom and gloom, however. In Taiwan, meteorologist Tsai Shang-chi expects booming trade and travel between the Taiwan and China would ease political confrontation. The two sides split amid civil war in 1949 and tensions continue to simmer.

"It will appear a year without high winds or big waves. But there will be severe power wrestling under the currents," Tsai said.

Soothsayers are divided over whether the Year of the Dog will be a smooth year for the economy. Tsai predicts an auspicious year in terms of economic development for eastern Asia, while So said the year would see a slowing down and stabling of economic progress.

But this news would probably not dampen the high spirits of Hong Kong jewelry retailers, who are busy cashing in on sales of gold figurines of the dog and other animals of the Chinese astrological cycle.

The Chinese are buying these figurines not only for decorative purposes. Astrologers say certain figurines could protect people born under the sign of the dog, who should be wary of a year of bad luck as the alignment of the stars work against a person every 12 years when their astrological sign comes around.

Dragons, sheep and cows should also brace for bad luck or turbulent emotions.

"People born under these signs could buy jade or gold rabbit figurines, which could protect them throughout the year," Yeo said.

Most of Hong Kong's jewelry stores have stocked up on all manners of gold animal figurines, from heavy golden dogs for the desktop to delicate rabbit mobile phone accessories.

The dog might be man's best friend, but the sign doesn't enjoy much popularity among Chinese wannabe parents. "That's because the dog clashes against the dragon -- the best sign to be born under," Yeo said.

"People born under the dog have Earth, which means they could be stubborn. They also have Fire, which means they are honest and don't restrain showing their feelings," he added.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 07:04 PM

Blah Blah Blah Blah

lets make vague useless predictions so we can point later and say we were somewhat correct.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Vale In Hong Kong right now I think

anyway one of these pics is of Vale..which one do you think?:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hard_fight.jpg (33.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg indonesian_water_boxers.jpg (32.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg monk_protection.jpg (35.1 KB, 42 views)

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 07:19 PM

2nd pic
guy on the left
definately
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Ask the Chief

whatever happens happens.

don't care what the future says....i'll live it when it gets here.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Or is vale one of these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asiandress.jpg (11.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg buriedhead.jpg (13.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg karate.jpg (22.2 KB, 41 views)

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 08:00 PM

1st on left in second set

Im kidding Vale Im kidding!!!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

This Is Vale and is also the pic he/she? PM me the other day. Stop trying to pick me up Vale you sick homo

Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (11.2 KB, 29 views)

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:42 AM

:mummyzz :mummyzz :mummyzz

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
:mummyzz :mummyzz :mummyzz

Hahahahahahaha, hey as soon as i saw this thread i thought i was posting something about you, but then i saw the way it was going and i though, "shit, 'ill give him a brake this time" :
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Hahahahahahaha, hey as soon as i saw this thread i thought i was posting something about you, but then i saw the way it was going and i though, "shit, 'ill give him a brake this time" :
What should I say "Thank you" now?

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
What should I say "Thank you" now?

There's no need
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
This Is Vale and is also the pic he/she? PM me the other day. Stop trying to pick me up Vale you sick homo

Proof yet again that Val is either a homo or a woman. Take yer pick biatch!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-R1
Proof yet again that Val is either a homo or a woman. Take yer pick biatch!
My pick is to ban your arse...

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
My pick is to ban your arse...

So what you're saying is that you can dish it out but you can't take it?

MV-999R will be very disappointed that you're not catching anymore. :ghey
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-R1
So what you're saying is that you can dish it out but you can't take it?

MV-999R will be very disappointed that you're not catching anymore. :ghey
Nope... sure I can take it... but I just want to ban your homo arse because your name is Gay-Wolf-Whistle-R1...

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Nope... sure I can take it... but I just want to ban your homo arse because your name is Gay-Wolf-Whistle-R1...

Maybe it's time for his name to reflect his ways :ghey

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gay_wolf_wistle.jpg (24.7 KB, 21 views)
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Maybe it's time for his name to reflect his ways :ghey

I think your name should reflect your way also...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gay_wolf-r1_wistle_mv-999h.jpg (69.1 KB, 20 views)
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 03:32 AM

Quote:
I think your name should reflect your way also...

You don't even need a pic as your gayness preceds you, but here goes anyway..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg val1.jpg (137.6 KB, 15 views)
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
I think I'm going to start adding a "TURNED GHEY" warning to the title of every thread that ends up this way........lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode