Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Boiled Jelly fish and BBQ Pork on a stick will F U UP

Oh god I had boiled Jelly fish for lunch kinda chewy and basically fishy tasting but you just mix it with the sauce and its alright. then about an hour later on the way home we stopped at this road side "eatery" not exactly what you see in the U.S. but I always like the roadside food here in bangkok. Well I had 45 pork on a sticks and right now i'm on the bed curled up fetal position haha. As I was eating it I was thinking to myself.. I'm going to regret this..

Traveler Tip: When you flag down the gentleman bussing the table next to you and order tea and he plops down the half empty pitcher he just removed from the table being bussed...limit your order to 20 pork sticks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

I'll probably be there tomorrow bright and early though!!! talk to you guys tomorrow about noon!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:26 AM

lol I doubt it's the jelly fish... must be the pork...

Watch what you eat in roadside food man, they're much more dirty than you think, especially in such a hot place...

In HK, most of those roadside food carts has become illegal for many years now, a lot of them has turn into a open-store type, but there are still people with illegal carts these days, there are always gov. commercials showing how risky it is to take those food from a road cart... yes I know, some of them are very tasty, and even myself I eat them from time to time, but I mostly buy from the ones that has turned into a store... still not the safest, but it's cleaner than the ones you see in a cart... in mainland China though, I'm afraid/refuse to eat even from those open-store type roadside food...

:corn
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
I must be getting a cast iron stomache with all the right bugs in there to counteract most nasties. Touch wood it stays that way. I feel for you guys though, tummy bug upsets aren't nice, especially when you have a shagadelliscious female by your bedside....ha ha ha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

I pulled through.. I'm eating 30 more right now MMmmm I cant stay away.. its like BBQ crack. Last day here so gotta make it through!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
slow learner?

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat
slow learner?
:imwst Hmm, development has only lead to muscle mass, others areas are still playing catch up

Now don't you be goin' a hatin' on us now Stone

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
doesn't sound very sanitary to me...get back to the states and bring her back with you

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 PM

ew..........
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE
Oh god I had boiled Jelly fish for lunch kinda chewy and basically fishy tasting but you just mix it with the sauce and its alright. then about an hour later on the way home we stopped at this road side "eatery" not exactly what you see in the U.S. but I always like the roadside food here in bangkok. Well I had 45 pork on a sticks and right now i'm on the bed curled up fetal position haha. As I was eating it I was thinking to myself.. I'm going to regret this..

Traveler Tip: When you flag down the gentleman bussing the table next to you and order tea and he plops down the half empty pitcher he just removed from the table being bussed...limit your order to 20 pork sticks.
My daughter is in Thailand right now too. I'll have to tell her to stay away from boiled jelly fish and BBQ pork on a stick.

Joey Lott - One of the greatest gifts of my life
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Rookie again

Pork-Cat, it's all good..........

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

hehe I was sick on the flight home god it is just so good!!! The jelly fish was probably fine I had it in the MK restaurants and I let it boil forever but it made the title sound good.
If she likes sushi at all tell her to look for the Fuji chain of restaurants its really cheap and decent sushi.
Thai food is excellent but just a little on the rich side for me.. Thai omelettes are delish as well. JM if she needs any help with anything just shoot me an Email I can have her in touch with Pond in no time.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Warp and LP you guys can just shut up its good!! oh well 23 weeks out from the october contest on monday gotta focus!! no more good food.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
hehe I was sick on the flight home god it is just so good!!! The jelly fish was probably fine I had it in the MK restaurants and I let it boil forever but it made the title sound good.
If she likes sushi at all tell her to look for the Fuji chain of restaurants its really cheap and decent sushi.
Thai food is excellent but just a little on the rich side for me.. Thai omelettes are delish as well. JM if she needs any help with anything just shoot me an Email I can have her in touch with Pond in no time.
She likes sushi, but it's not her favorite. She's been gone almost a month, but hasn't mentioned the food once in her emails to me. I'll give her the "heads up" on the jellyfish and see what kind of response I get I'm sure I'll hear all about it when she gets home on the 29th.

Off the topic, but have you tried scuba diving there? That was her main intention and she just got back from a 5 day liveaboard (14 dives) in the Similan Islands and said it was AWESOME. I don't think the pictures on the internet do it justice, even as beautiful as it looks.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

JM,
Unfortunatly I've never been diving there. I'm sure its unreal. I've only dived in florida and St. Croix. I think though I'll be going to southern Thailand after I get married so I hope to at least do a little snorkeling. I would love to see some pics of her trip that sounds AWESOME.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 12:52 AM

I'll definitely post some pics when she gets back

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Warp and LP you guys can just shut up its good!! oh well 23 weeks out from the october contest on monday gotta focus!! no more good food.

Don't let us get to you bud,Thailand food is great, the side carts are generally ok (just make sure its been deep fried or well BBQ'ed). You know the deal by now and Pond can probably see a bad food place at 10 paces.

Post up some pics when you get a chance,
Cheers Warp

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysmom
I'll definitely post some pics when she gets back
Here's a couple pics........she had a blast, especially enjoying the wildlife !!

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

JM,
Man that looks like fun!! where did she go again? Pond and I are starting to plan our Honeymoon and I'm pretty set on someplace with sand and sun and I haven't been diving forever so it would be nice to get back in the water.

your daughter is very pretty! I love girls that aren't scared of silly things.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 04:12 AM

Quote:
JM,
Man that looks like fun!! where did she go again? Pond and I are starting to plan our Honeymoon and I'm pretty set on someplace with sand and sun and I haven't been diving forever so it would be nice to get back in the water.

your daughter is very pretty! I love girls that aren't scared of silly things.
Thanks..........she's definitely the adventurous type and now that she's experienced a different country, she REALLY has the travel bug. I think Brazil is her next dream vacation. Then, she plans on applying for an animal behavior internship in South Africa.

I know the monkey pictures were taken on Lop Buri, but they also went to:
bangkok
ayuthaya
surat thani
ko pha-ngan
ko tao
ang thong national marine park
ranong
surin islands
similan islands (5 day liveaboard)
This was all done just strapping on their backpacks and going wherever they felt like it. They stayed in hostels and bungalows along the way. No air conditioning and LOTS of boat rides and bus trips. Ah........to be in your 20's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode