Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Random Sample

Bike and Height Combo

Ladies,
if you don't mind, how tall are you, and what bikes do you ride/have ridden? and/or have you heard of?

my lady is looking for a bike, but she's 5'2" and her legs aren't that long. I don't really want her to lower a bike.

she sat on an R6S, R6, 600RR, 600F4i, ZX6R, ninja 250R (hates it), but the only one she can touch her toes on (confidently) are the gixxer 600 and 250R.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 12:26 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn

5'2" is short but see about this one

Seat Height....... 825mm (32.5in) (Better measure her crotch height )

http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/3565.aspx

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by rinn; 04-21-2006 at 12:28 PM.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:01 PM

Go ask Pedrosa if she can borrow his HRC quality ladder. :
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Random Sample

Rinn: have you sat on one of those? one of the problems with the others is that the seat is too wide. I'm curious how wide that seat is

the gixxer has a more narrow seat. like the difference between the R6 and R1 thing.

crotch height? seems fine to me. Oh, you meant about for the bike. good thinking

ffwf: good one, but i think lil danny will be needing more!

Last edited by Statik; 04-21-2006 at 01:10 PM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Statik...Check out this ladie's site Gambler posted. They have a section just for short chicks. Might be worth a look: http://www.motomummy.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=16573

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:17 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statik
Rinn: have you sat on one of those? one of the problems with the others is that the seat is too wide. I'm curious how wide that seat is

the gixxer has a more narrow seat. like the difference between the R6 and R1 thing.

crotch height? seems fine to me. Oh, you meant about for the bike. good thinking

ffwf: good one, but i think lil danny will be needing more!

haven't sat on one but a dealer downtown denver has em.. I heard they are a lot narrower than the 4 cylinder 600's but I dont know by how much..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
Statik...Check out this ladie's site Gambler posted. They have a section just for short chicks. Might be worth a look: http://www.motomummy.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=16573
like you suggested, i checked it out

they were mainly talking about shaving the seat. that's definitely an option; i wonder how effective that would be?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
just get her one of these a ysr50 you can punch it out to go fast as FOOK and she will not have to worry about touching the ground flat footed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha-ysr50-91-bikepics-484305.jpg (366.0 KB, 74 views)

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1
just get her one of these a ysr50 you can punch it out to go fast as FOOK and she will not have to worry about touching the ground flat footed
Those are sick. Don't know about her, I want one for me.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 06:56 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Those are sick. Don't know about her, I want one for me.
:imwst

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
my girl wants a bike also, but i need something she can sit on and get her feet down. she too is 5'2"

i dont' mind lowering it, but damn i don't know wtf will fit her

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 11:28 PM

I am 5' 4"... and I have an 05 Honda CBR600 F4i

and yes, I did finally give in an lower mine 2 1/2 inches and I don't regret it a bit. Before I lowered it, I was forever worried about where I parked, how I stopped at a light, any changes in the road that would require me to put my feet down since I was on my toes. Now that I have lowered it, my confidence level in myself and my ability to handle/ride my bike has change completely. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have waited 8 months to do it, I would have done it the day I bought it. For me, the Gixxer 600 is too big, and way to heavy!! I have found that I can put my feet down on most Honda's better than any other bike on the market. I have also found that size of the bike versus me, I just feel like I can see/feel all parts of my bike as the other bikes all seemed to "big". Hopefully this makes sense.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Ladies,
if you don't mind, how tall are you, and what bikes do you ride/have ridden? and/or have you heard of?

my lady is looking for a bike, but she's 5'2" and her legs aren't that long. I don't really want her to lower a bike.

she sat on an R6S, R6, 600RR, 600F4i, ZX6R, ninja 250R (hates it), but the only one she can touch her toes on (confidently) are the gixxer 600 and 250R.

Thoughts?
The lowest supersport bikes today are the 2OO6 Gixxers, even the 1000 is very low compared to a R1...

rinn, the Triumph is taller than the Gixxer 600 with a seat height of 32.5in... the Gixxer 600 is only 31.9in... but one thing though, the 675 is narrower, so it might be about the same when you sit on it...

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRAngel

and yes, I did finally give in an lower mine 2 1/2 inches and I don't regret it a bit. Before I lowered it, I was forever worried about where I parked, how I stopped at a light, any changes in the road that would require me to put my feet down since I was on my toes. Now that I have lowered it, my confidence level in myself and my ability to handle/ride my bike has change completely. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have waited 8 months to do it, I would have done it the day I bought it. For me, the Gixxer 600 is too big, and way to heavy!! I have found that I can put my feet down on most Honda's better than any other bike on the market. I have also found that size of the bike versus me, I just feel like I can see/feel all parts of my bike as the other bikes all seemed to "big". Hopefully this makes sense.
Hondas are good 1st bikes too.... who lowerd it for you Angel?

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRAngel

and yes, I did finally give in an lower mine 2 1/2 inches and I don't regret it a bit.
Angel, what lowering kit did you go with?

Quote:
For me, the Gixxer 600 is too big, and way to heavy!! ... as the other bikes all seemed to "big". Hopefully this makes sense.
Actually, I'm not hulkingly huge, but, I'm not small either, so I only think cruisers to be heavy. I'm assuming heavy is perceived weight while riding/stopping? or is it "parking lot manuvering" heavy? both?

Last edited by Statik; 04-26-2006 at 07:45 AM.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
The lowest supersport bikes today are the 2OO6 Gixxers, even the 1000 is very low compared to a R1...

rinn, the Triumph is taller than the Gixxer 600 with a seat height of 32.5in... the Gixxer 600 is only 31.9in... but one thing though, the 675 is narrower, so it might be about the same when you sit on it...

Val, have you sat on/rode the Triumph? i don't have any seat time on a triumph. wondering if it's worth my time.

Oh, and Val, your avatar is..... just as disturbing as your stick man. Hilarious, of course, just... oh well, go with it bro. :laugh
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1stunner
Hondas are good 1st bikes too....
I agree Stunner, my first sportbike was a honda, only the seat was a little too wide for her.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 04:51 AM

I had a friend of mine who is a retired drag racer/auto mechanic lower mine. As to what exactly he did, I honestly don't know.. I just know I can now get both feet almost on the ground flat. We probably should have gone with 3 inches but I didn't want to keep bottoming out the bike over the speed bumps by my house.

As to the "heavy" for me, if I can't stand a bike up it is too heavy for me to balance it. Even though once I get moving the weight of the bike is no big deal, standing it upright and moving it was something I wanted to know I could do depending on the weight of it.

Hopefully this helps you. As to the Gixxer, I don't know about the 06 but I know my friend has an 05 600 and I can't even get my feet to reach enough for me to stand the bike up. I have sat on an R1 and was able to stand it, so I really think it depends on the bike and how the seat is made as well.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Val, have you sat on/rode the Triumph? i don't have any seat time on a triumph. wondering if it's worth my time.

Oh, and Val, your avatar is..... just as disturbing as your stick man. Hilarious, of course, just... oh well, go with it bro. :laugh
No I haven't sat on the new 675, the Triumph dealer here don't have it on the showroom floor... but @ 32.5in, it's still lower than all the other 600's except the O6 Gixxer... I know the 675 is narrower, but I doubt it's enough to cover the half inch of the new Gixxer, you know what I mean... but of course, spec sheet is always just a spec sheet, it's always good to try it in real life first...

I just find that avatar hilarious...
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:45 AM

I'm probably no help as I am 5'8" so bike height isn't an issue. I ride an 04 R6 and I can stand flat footed at stock height. I had a ZX6 before that for a short time and that one seemed a bit lighter and a bit shorter. I know that the 06 R6 is taller because when I sat on that one I wasn't as flat footed as my 04.

Not only that an 06 isn't a good starter bike at all..too much wow behind it. LOL

Honda's are great starter bikes a good friend of mine has a totally rebuilt 02 F4 and she's probably 5'5" and she does fine with the height.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode