this seems kinda one sided but makes a good point, I'm sure well get some heated conversation about it... CHECK IT OUT!
More than 36,000 students from throughout Los Angeles County, California skipped classes and marched through streets and on various freeways Monday, March 27, 2006, to protest an immigration bill being debated in Congress. "We may be illegal immigrants, but we are human," Metropolitan High School senior Melania Preciado said as she waved a Mexican flag. "We deserve the same rights as everyone else, not be treated like criminals."
What an ironic statement.
If we all went to Mexico...would we be treated as humans?? (Think of all your friends who have driven down to Mexico for a weekend trip and were either thrown in jail for looking at the Mexican police the wrong way, or were pulled over for no apparent reason and FORCED to pay off the Mexican police in order NOT to be thrown in jail)...
1. Try driving around as a Gringo in Mexico with no liability insurance, and have an accident.
2. Enter MEXICO illegally - never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.
3. Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family.
4. Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.
5. Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc.
6. Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise.
7. Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system.
8. Demand a local Mexican drivers license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal, presence in Mexico.
9. Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers.
10. Demand that American Holidays like Labor Day, the 4th, or Memorial day are national holidays.
It will not happen in Mexico nor any other country in the world...except right here in the United States...
Land of those who want to take care of everyone, except American Citizens!
These "student" protesters, haven't the slightest clue as to what the hell is really going on. They just want an excuse to leave school. What a disgrace to AMERICA, our country!
If you're going to waive a Mexican flag to support your heritage, fine... Just make sure there is an American one next to it...the land that gives to all of its immigrants, and you. IF Mexico is SOOOOO great - Why leave it and come to America? Think about it! Mexico isn't giving their people what they deserve, and that's why they want to be here in America. What is Mexico really doing for its people, other than making them desparate to leave? This is not about people coming to America...just come legally, so the legal system, education, medical, housing, etc., can operate more smoothly and fair for those who are citizens, and those who long to be.