Selling the 02R1 and I need help picking a replacement. Before we get into that, I know you guys want to know why. Here are the Top 10 reasons I am selling.
10. I want a new bike.
9. Can't afford all the cools bits I want for it.
8. Got in 3 car accidents within the space of 2 months and my back is fucked. I cannot commute on this thing anymore.
7. I am an idiot and financed it. Can no longer afford the payments with the bambino on the way.
6. I got ticketed 3 times within 2 months.
5. No longer ride canyons because of #5.
4. Can't afford track days.
3. I never get out of 2nd gear on my commute.
2. Need to maximize gas mileage. R1 only gets 35 mpg.
and the number one reason I am selling:
1. Litre bikes scare the shit out of me.
So, my requirements for my next bike are:
- gas mileage - I want to get crazy mpg like 70 or somethin
- comfort - upright seating position please
- affordability - keep it as cheap as possible, i will buy another bike later but this one will primarily be for commuting
- performance - gotta be able to ride the HOV without getting killed
- must be new! no used please
Keeping all of this in mind I have come up with a candidate but I want to see what you guys come up with first. At this point in my life, sex appeal has no bearing on the bike I end up riding. I will ride anything as long as it meets the above criteria.