Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Exclamation Local brushfires

When I left New Mexico and moved to SW Florida I thought I was done with brushfires for good. Guess not....There've been numerous ones around here lately due to the dry conditions. We've only had about 3 inches of rain so far this year. There are several burning right now all around the Ft Myers. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get to work tonight, as a few of them are only a few miles away. Got here with no problems luckily...the wind must be pushing the smoke a different direction. But even across the river in Cape Coral where I live we could smell and see the smoke. Even had some ashes falling from the sky. I never would've imagined Florida being this dry.

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readar...id=6872&z=3&p=

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Ask the Chief

seems to be happeneing everywhere....

the fires here in 2003 were CRAZY. my grandparents lost everything in the 'old fire' in lake arrowhead. still don't think i've gotten over it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 02:11 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
wild fires are everywhere..... Colorado still has erosion problems fomr the hayman fire in 2002... and I am druk to shtats all I ahae to day

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
wild fires are everywhere..... Colorado still has erosion problems fomr the hayman fire in 2002... and I am druk to shtats all I ahae to day
nicely put.

so....tdrunke stole your login?

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:36 AM

you dont remember the HUGE firees that raged out of control all over the middle part of Florida a few years ago?

Hell i bet you can still see them remains of trees tdriving up I-95 around Daytona to Jacksonville.

Dont you remember they nearly had to *gasp* cancel the NASCAR RACE because all of the firefighters from all over the country were being housed at te track?

the funny thing is that if you dig a three foot deep hole in florida, you'll end up with two feet of standing water in it.

all my pops did was turn on the sprinkler system.....
:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:56 AM

oh snap son, I live like an hour away from you.

just make sure you don't get sassy with me and I won't drive up there and put you in your place

:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
i think every state has brush fire problems...just osme more than others. minnesota is usually VERY good about it because of how wet we are, etc...not always, but normally...

and they can only burn half our land LOL the other half is lakes haha

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
After watching the aerial shots on the news it looks like a few people remembered to turn on their sprinkler systems....some yards were still green but on 3 sides around them the land and structures were all burnt.

I just watched the evening news. Turns out the fires were set by two 10 year old boys. This ought to get interesting.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 04:04 PM

Stangman - repeat after me............

When I can log in again, I will be a good boy

edited by -
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Ask the Chief

edited by

sorry, but a VERY sensitive subject for me.

my grandparents and aunt and uncle lost everything in 2003. i never thought it would devestate me so much. my mom graduated high school living in that house. i had SO many happy memories there....great family times, super bowls, horseback riding, sledding, all kinds of stuff. my mom cried for a month straight.

three days after the fire, we were sifting thru the ashes trying to find ANYTHING. there was nothing left. my grandmother is itialian, and had pricess heirlooms that came over from italy with her immigrant parents. she even had a set of 'pioneer plates'.....a set of plates that came across the united states by wagon train when the settlers moved west. my uncle lost 7 houses on ALL of his rental properties, including his own. he lost a 5 car garage containing a 78 corvette, two boats and a motorhome.

i miss that house all the time. i can remember every inch of it. my grandparents aged considerably from all the stress. they lived in their motorhome for three years, the only thing they had left. they rebuilt, and just moved back in a few months ago.

here's before and after.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house.jpg (178.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg fire 1.jpg (259.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg fire3.jpg (560.0 KB, 17 views)

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:54 PM
No Crying Allowed

Vacation time Let's get this back on topic...

Firehawk, sorry to hear of your loss bro........ that's very sad, my parents almost lost everything also... but were missed by about 500 ft....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 11:19 PM

hahaha

good work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode