Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
We are all American (food for thought)

Written by an Australian Dentist...

To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report
that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is so they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

" An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan . The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America .

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom.

Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 04-30-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 10:45 AM

I edited your post as the text was white so it didn't show up in the lighter skins. I did nothing to the text except change the color to black.

GREAT post BTW
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
that's thrown me, I can hardly read it now. I'm using tren-z and your text is white bud, I don't see the problem..oh and how about RED? cheers :

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 04-30-2006 at 10:51 AM.
post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 10:57 AM

Excellent find
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 11:18 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I'm hungry where's my food?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 11:50 AM

great post. im stealing it for another forum
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 02:18 PM
No Crying Allowed

great post.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno
great post. im stealing it for another forum
Me too.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 04:11 PM
7c Forever

sigh, more moral masturbation.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Ask the Chief

kinda hard to live up to all that with some of the things we're doing out there lately....

flame away.....but i've seen it.

we can blow ourselves all we want to, but our name is mud out in the world right now....

post #11 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 04:50 AM
7c Forever

Mark there was a day you and I would have fought all day on this topic, and now we're agreeing on it.

the roads life takes us on are rarely straight and narrow I guess.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
sigh, more moral masturbation.

That's an amazing phrase.
post #13 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
kinda hard to live up to all that with some of the things we're doing out there lately....

flame away.....but i've seen it.

we can blow ourselves all we want to, but our name is mud out in the world right now....
name one part of the above statement that is not true then.
Go ahead.
Facts are facts.
You can choose to distort them anyway you like, but there is absolutely nothing in that piece that is not based upon fact.

Just because many in this worl refuse to believe it, does not make it less true.

If anything, it points out the fallicy in their very own arguments and further defines the points within it as being true.

Does that mean that everywhere around the world that "America" is not seen as the oppressor or the villain? No it does not, there will always be people who covetous nature and greed for power overtakes the facts and allows them to describe "America" as the "enemy" and to brainwash uneducated masses into believing that their statements are the only ones that can be correct.
After all, Hitler did it, and so did Mao, both of whom cause irrepairable harm to their people and countries.

Just because throughout the world, cruel, dictatorial powers have forced their people to believe one thing, doesn't mean that in reality those people always believe it.
After all, according to the Soviet UNion, there was no God, in any form, and of course, that means that the only religion which could, and can exist in any portion fo the former Soviet UNion is Cimmunism....
Right?

Again, personal opinions vary, but the story contains facts, nothing else.
post #14 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Ask the Chief

got one thing to say to that, mike...

"Bush Doctrine"

i completely agree that americans are everything said in that story and more; american society is based on freedom and liberty. we give more to the world than we get back.

i also understand the need to protect american interests abroad.

however, i completely disagree with the doctrine of preemptively striking out at any country we feel *might* threaten our security someday. americans stand for freedom, but how do you think the rest of the world views that methodology? the bush administration has the LOWEST approval rating of any second-term administration, and there's a reason why. bush is running this country into the ground. programs are suffering, science research has been decapitated, the deficits are SWELLING to unbelievable proportions, and he's surrounded himself with corruption and scandal.

so....while i *DO* agree with what the original post describes americans to be (it is fact, so maybe my last post was a bit misleading), i do not agree with the road that our country is traveling. this country can not support the current path of spending, to support the "war" on terror....it can't be won, and we are going to bankrupt ourselves. all american citizens will suffer when domestic programs start failing one by one because they can't be funded any longer.

post #15 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Ta Moko

Bush sucked on his first day in office and nothing has changed.

post #16 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
Bush sucked on his first day in office and nothing has changed.
so says someone who thought nader was a viable choice....
post #17 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
so says someone who thought nader was a viable choice....

He still is but most people are to brain washed to see that so we will continue to go down the road of no return.

Time will tell though

post #18 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:34 PM

This thread will self destruct...
post #19 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04R1Belgium
This thread will self destruct...

What you mean before Bush and Cheny destroy us all?

post #20 of 90 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
got one thing to say to that, mike...

"Bush Doctrine"

i completely agree that americans are everything said in that story and more; american society is based on freedom and liberty. we give more to the world than we get back.

i also understand the need to protect american interests abroad.

however, i completely disagree with the doctrine of preemptively striking out at any country we feel *might* threaten our security someday. americans stand for freedom, but how do you think the rest of the world views that methodology? the bush administration has the LOWEST approval rating of any second-term administration, and there's a reason why. bush is running this country into the ground. programs are suffering, science research has been decapitated, the deficits are SWELLING to unbelievable proportions, and he's surrounded himself with corruption and scandal.

so....while i *DO* agree with what the original post describes americans to be (it is fact, so maybe my last post was a bit misleading), i do not agree with the road that our country is traveling. this country can not support the current path of spending, to support the "war" on terror....it can't be won, and we are going to bankrupt ourselves. all american citizens will suffer when domestic programs start failing one by one because they can't be funded any longer.
all i was responding to was the first post and the response by you.
the rest of your comments have some truth to them.
Everyone always assumes that i love bush, which is far from the truth.
Personally i dont think he has done a great job.

but the elections are never about who is the best leader, they are actually about who is the worst, and picking the other option.

was Bush the greatest possible choice? No
Was he a better choice than the other viable option? Yes.

Thus he was elected.

American doctrine overseas is about the most complicated set of ideas you can possibly think of. and trying to condense them down and make them simple is not only a waste of time, but ignorant as well.

This couontry (and every country that has ever been a world leader) has had, and always will have other countries which hate i9t, and through the use of misreprensentation, will teach their uneducated masses to follow along like sheep in a field and mimic everything they say.

Does that mean that they are 100% wrong?
No

Does it mean the United States is 100% right?
No

but the great thing about people who think, is that we understand that this world isnt full of absolutes, and that there are varying amounts of right and wrong, and that we should strive for being more right than wrong.

Aiming for 100% is again not only stupid but laughable.

Oh and as far as approval ratings go, anyone who gives them more than a cursory glance needs some education on how polls are conducted.

and how they were conducted in the past.

Saying that this is the lowest ever is pretty much like saying this is the lowest since we started tracking this less than 20 years ago......

how well do you think FDR would have faired at the start of the depressio?
How about Hoover?

Or how about Lincoln if only immigrants who were being conscripted into the army were polled during the civil war (they weren;t asked btw, only white people who owned property were).

so using that example is about as close to useless as you can get......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode