Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

i fkn hate dishonest people

my last deal before i quit this sh!t - another broker changed the commission split on a $20mil deal I've been working on for the past 6mos. I dont find out until the title company mails the check two days later. We tried calling the other broker and once she hears who it is, she pulls the "oh, my phone is breaking up..." and hangs up - now she wont answer. Whats worse, once we go through arbitration, the board of realtors, and court costs, it will end up costing me more money to get this amount back...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinR1
my last deal before i quit this sh!t - another broker changed the commission split on a $20mil deal I've been working on for the past 6mos. I dont find out until the title company mails the check two days later. We tried calling the other broker and once she hears who it is, she pulls the "oh, my phone is breaking up..." and hangs up - now she wont answer. Whats worse, once we go through arbitration, the board of realtors, and court costs, it will end up costing me more money to get this amount back...

Damn, you sound like angry Mkinla without the "bitch, i'm going to kill, a$$hole etc...." the same happen to him a few months ago on a 9 million deal if i remember.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:44 AM

I thought everything is written on the contract at the beginning?
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
I thought everything is written on the contract at the beginning?
it is - after her people signed, she sent a copy of the original to me but changed the copy she sent to the title company
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Isn't that illegal? I'm pretty sure that is. Take your copy and take it to court.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
it is - after her people signed, she sent a copy of the original to me but changed the copy she sent to the title company
They can do that?!

:gun b!tch
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Huh, how come?

If the one you signed doesn't have that comission thing, you just take it to court
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
20mil...holy cow...that aint jump change bro...sorry to hear it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

she had the property listed - my buyers submitted a contract (with my 3%) and her folks signed it. Instead of sending me a copy then, she volunteered to take the signed contract by the title company. Once it was reciepted, she made a copy and sent it to me. Then, she changed the commission (to 2%) and left the changed copy with the title company. The entire time, I'm thinking I'm getting 3% of roughly $20mil when the title company has already sent me a check for the lesser amount.

Her cut btw was supposed to be 2% but she walked with the extra 1.

If this was a $100k house or something small I would call her some dirty names and forget about it but this is a big chunk of money and I agreed to pay the buyers back a portion of it for doing business with me...

lucky for us, our attorney owns the title company... odd, she still wont answer her phone and no one at her office has seen her all day
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

forgot to mention, she did a good job of changing the commission - white out and an old copier can cover up pretty much anything.

she knew the difference would have broke the deal which is why I'm sure she went to such great lengths to cover her butt
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Yeah, but it's still illegal, can you just not take it to court and present your copy compared to her.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5
Yeah, but it's still illegal, can you just not take it to court and present your copy compared to her.
Yeah.
If the original one has 3% and the copy has 2%, it's obvious that the copy is a fake.
Just nail her
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:29 PM

Vin, that's HUGE fraud, her license should be revolked and her commission forfeited.

Personally I would go to her office tomorrow, wait for her and have a face to face with your copy in hand, or simply contact an attorney and call the police department and see if they can assign a fraud detective to the case. What's her last name btw.

Good luck brother.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Ask the Chief

you should be able to fuck her good if you can get proof of both contracts.

good luck bro...

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkinla
Vin, that's HUGE fraud, her license should be revolked and her commission forfeited.

Personally I would go to her office tomorrow, wait for her and have a face to face with your copy in hand, or simply contact an attorney and call the police department and see if they can assign a fraud detective to the case. What's her last name btw.

Good luck brother.
funny you ask... yes, its on the list

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode