Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

The movie "Open Water" Spoiler

If you haven't seen and don't want to know the ending don't look

You've been warned

Watched it last night :jr

What a crappy way to go

Big mistake is when they knew the boat was gone they should have swam as fast as possible. They had 3 boats in sight which was pretty good odds they would have made it. None looked to be more than a mile away. Big mistake

Other mistake was when they knew that sharks were tracking them and dark was approaching. Would it not have been better to dive back down as they still had air? Better to die that way than be terrorized by sharks all night long getting chunks of flesh ripped away.

I recall this same thing happening to an American couple off Cairns Queensland. The only thing ever found of the divers was a fin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by R1Nomad; 05-15-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:31 PM

That movie sucked......
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkinla
That movie sucked......
No it didn't as it was free on TV, not like I would pay to see it.

Anyway they were retarded not to at least try to swim to shore, thye had fins just needed to dump that heavy dive tanks

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:37 PM

I've never evn heard of that movie. who's in it?
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzglaser21
I've never evn heard of that movie. who's in it?

A girl and a guy

No idea really but the gal had nice tits

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
that movie was HORRIBLE

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:44 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
The problem with swimming to other boats is tides Mr. Sailor, the tide could be working against them and then all they would have done was exhaust themselves.. swiming to shore, well which way was shore and the tides again area factor.. And when you say the boats "looked" no more than a mile away, ha they could have been 5 miles away for all they know, it's hard to judge distance when you are bobbing up and down in the water..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
The problem with swimming to other boats is tides Mr. Sailor, the tide could be working against them and then all they would have done was exhaust themselves.. swiming to shore, well which way was shore and the tides again area factor.. And when you say the boats "looked" no more than a mile away, ha they could have been 5 miles away for all they know, it's hard to judge distance when you are bobbing up and down in the water..

Have you seen the movie? YEah I know about tides 3 boats just pick one with the current. If they could see a small boat in the water then it was not that far away. When I was 13 years old I would swim out in full dive gear to reach a reef more then a mile out so know a little about it. :

No way are you going to see a SMALL boat that is 5 miles away:laugh

Another thing near the end of the movie they saw a buoy in the distance and they still had air left. Why not take a bearing a dive under water you just might make it. Also the sharks at that point may have left them alone under water.

Last edited by R1Nomad; 05-14-2006 at 05:03 PM.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
that movie was HORRIBLE

I agree because it showed what you should not do when trying to survive at sea. Like argue and try and blame each other

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:12 PM
7c Forever

I liked the movie, it was totally B rate but I give it mad mad mad kudo's for not sucking and giving the happy hollywood ending.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
that movie was HORRIBLE

Did you see "Million Dollar Baby? Clint Eastwood film

Did that movie suck too? Why? I think was great but yeah the ending was hard to take

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:41 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
Have you seen the movie? YEah I know about tides 3 boats just pick one with the current. If they could see a small boat in the water then it was not that far away. When I was 13 years old I would swim out in full dive gear to reach a reef more then a mile out so know a little about it. :

No way are you going to see a SMALL boat that is 5 miles away:laugh

Another thing near the end of the movie they saw a buoy in the distance and they still had air left. Why not take a bearing a dive under water you just might make it. Also the sharks at that point may have left them alone under water.

ya I saw the movie.. I liked it serious fucked up way to die thats for sure... and the girl did have a nice body and tits..

I saw it awhile ago so I don't remember how far the boats looked..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1gladiator
Did you see "Million Dollar Baby? Clint Eastwood film

Did that movie suck too? Why? I think was great but yeah the ending was hard to take
That was a fantastic movie.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve04R1
That was a fantastic movie.

I saved it to DVD

One day I'll watch it again perhaps anchored in a tropical bay

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Million Dollar Baby sucekd harcore...

Not as bad as Crash...I've never seen such a high budget POS in my life........
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:07 PM

dude, you can't spell for sh!t
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Future King of the World

Do I give a fuck Vin? No......
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5
Do I give a fuck Vin? No......
calm down broseph

look at the title of the thread - i wasnt talking to you
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Future King of the World

Oh, My apology then Vin. I saw I had misspelled some things in the above post, and thought it was referring to me. Again my apologies.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:13 PM

You guys realize that the whole shark aspect of that movie was complete fiction, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode