Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

View Poll Results: Top Gun = Gay?
Top Gun is awesome! no gayness! 5 22.73%
Top Gun is ghey 2 9.09%
This thread is ghey 4 18.18%
daotan is ghey 11 50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
meat popsicle

Top Gun = Gay? Debate Topic 6/02/06

You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest fucking scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun. Top Gun is fucking great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots. It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the fucking line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways. Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the fuck, what the fuck is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fucking force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they fucking land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last fucking line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin' A, man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Ask the Chief

that was from a tarentino movie....can't remember which one.

i'd love to bash top gun, but i can't. i saw it when i was 11, and it was the greatest movie ever made. i came home and looked at my gi-joe 'sky striker' (F-14), and instantly loved the airplane. i built endless revell and monogram models of it, as well as the A-4 and F-5 (other planes in the movie). at that age, who cares about story lines and plots?

it was one of the reasons i ended up in the navy. i didn't have motivation and discipline to go to college and be a pilot, so i 'figured' that i'd work on them instead. was a lousy idea at first, but my navy career has been a series of twists and turns that i'd NEVER trade for anything. the absolute BEST thing i did with my life.

of course, after a few years in and a few trips to the carrier, i realized just how stupid the plot of that movie really was. so technically blasphemous and rooted in fantasy. so many technical mistakes for such a cool jet movie.

of course, i didn't think about the ghey aspect until quenton brought it up. i'm sure it was a ghey favorite when it came out, but that first 20 minutes of the movie and the dogfighting scenes are really what i watch the movie for. funny....it's almost like full metal jacket....everyone watches the first part of the movie, then shuts it off.

NOTHING sounds better in a brand-new surround sound theater.

by the way, just to show our age, top gun came out 26 years ago....and tomcats just flew their last cruise. outside of Iran, you'll never see a tomcat fly ever again after september. gonna miss that bird horribly....what an awesome airplane.

http://www.tomcat-sunset.org/

by the way.....i voted dao is ghey....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 09:52 AM

I think dao's gay too.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMPILOT
I think dao's gay too.
:imwst
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Your not at work are you?

When Top Gun was in the theaters it was
Now because you want to discuss it 20 years later, it would seem that your :ghey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Biga; 06-02-2006 at 01:20 PM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:08 PM

dude Top Gun is freakin awesome....i am unstoppable at beerpong with the theme music on....its true never lost
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Did anyone else notice that in the bar graph representing the votes, the "Dao is ghey" column is a PINK bar? Coincidence? I think not.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
meat popsicle

this thread is for serious debate, take your trolling elsewhere

i voted dao is ghey too
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:45 PM

I dont know about Top Gun but bouncers that stand around quoting lines from Roadhouse are all homos
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 03:43 PM

Yop Gun also revolutionized the Video for sale market......

It was the first reasonably priced movie ever sold on VHS....

Remember the Pepsi commercial at the beginning of the tape.....

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
Yop Gun also revolutionized the Video for sale market......

It was the first reasonably priced movie ever sold on VHS....

Remember the Pepsi commercial at the beginning of the tape.....

BAM!!!!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 04:27 PM

lol someone even brought up top gun....
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 06:22 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
:wigle

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 11:00 PM
FAsT BOYS

haha retarded
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 01:30 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
a buncha cool stuff
I'm with ya man, I saw it when I was 3 or 4, it was totally my favourite movie, I was already obsessed with planes and that made me obsessed with the tomcat.

damned shame to see them coming down, but haven't they been flying sortees since like 1974? is there something else carrier based that will be deploying the AIM-54? last I checked all the "new" planes are big on the AMRAAM but don't have anything with any real range. the AMRAAM is a whole issue unto itself, I still don't see where it's so superior to an AIM-7.

sorry to get all techy on you guys. Mark probably knows whats up tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
i'd love to bash top gun, but i can't and it was the greatest movie ever made.
+1
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior
damned shame to see them coming down, but haven't they been flying sortees since like 1974? is there something else carrier based that will be deploying the AIM-54? last I checked all the "new" planes are big on the AMRAAM but don't have anything with any real range. the AMRAAM is a whole issue unto itself, I still don't see where it's so superior to an AIM-7.
Yea, they have. Been in the air for T&E, R&D even longer than that. It's definitely an aged airframe, but there's still nothing in the Navy arsenal that can touch it as far as capability. It carries more, flies faster, has a longer range, and can bring more back to the boat than any Hornet out there. Only thing that defeats it is the maintenance hours required to keep it flying.....it's one of the worst....even worse than helicopter units in Carrier air wings!

Navy should have bought the Super Tomcat....but that's just my opinion. It would have booted the "Super" Hornet all over the sky.

Unfortunately, the Phoenix got phased out three years ago, ahead of the Tomcat stand down. Don't count out the AIM-120....very bad ass missile. That's why so many airframes are shifting to it. The Sparrow is VERY old technology. It's also a VERY unreliable missile. The first Sparrow III prototypes were first tested at Point Mugu in 1959! The software in the AMRAAM is light years ahead of it.

Saw some of the most incredible paint schemes when I would go to NSAWC (new Top Gun) in Fallon, Nevada. Got loads of pics.

As the last Tomcat crews love to say..."Hornets by mandate...Tomcats by choice"...

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 09:06 PM
phil-osepher

Quote:
by the way, just to show our age, top gun came out 26 years ago....and tomcats just flew their last cruise.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'

Damn, I'm getting a little old

My baby sister just graduated from high school, i cant keep my gut from growing, my daughter thinks I'm not cool, and I'm a year away from 30.

WAIT!!! I'm still young dammit, and TOP GUN isnt GHEY! Except for the volleyball scene

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77

WAIT!!! I'm still young dammit, and TOP GUN isnt GHEY! Except for the volleyball scene
you do have a point there.....i am glad i am young...hell the movie is older then i am....
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 11:56 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Yea, they have. Been in the air for T&E, R&D even longer than that. It's definitely an aged airframe, but there's still nothing in the Navy arsenal that can touch it as far as capability. It carries more, flies faster, has a longer range, and can bring more back to the boat than any Hornet out there. Only thing that defeats it is the maintenance hours required to keep it flying.....it's one of the worst....even worse than helicopter units in Carrier air wings!

Navy should have bought the Super Tomcat....but that's just my opinion. It would have booted the "Super" Hornet all over the sky.

Unfortunately, the Phoenix got phased out three years ago, ahead of the Tomcat stand down. Don't count out the AIM-120....very bad ass missile. That's why so many airframes are shifting to it. The Sparrow is VERY old technology. It's also a VERY unreliable missile. The first Sparrow III prototypes were first tested at Point Mugu in 1959! The software in the AMRAAM is light years ahead of it.

Saw some of the most incredible paint schemes when I would go to NSAWC (new Top Gun) in Fallon, Nevada. Got loads of pics.

As the last Tomcat crews love to say..."Hornets by mandate...Tomcats by choice"...

PHOENIX PHASED OUT!?!?! what the hell?

that missile had 2x the range of the amraam, I mean I realize the AMRAAM is fire and forget and all, but I've read way to much about wargames where a single tomcat scores a half dozen fox-3's on a bomber squad and they don't even know they're dead until they've made their run and returned.

I dunno, AMRAAM might be a badass, but to me it'll always be a hopped up sparrow, the Phoenix is the boomer of the sky. you're dead and you don't even know what did it.

I didn't realize the tomcats needed that much maintenance, still tho, can you really put a price on effectiveness with this shit?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode