Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Fag Patrol Test Monkey

CHP officer fires on motorcyclist on I-80

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGKTJCJOA3.DTL

CHP officer fires on motorcyclist on I-80
Chronicle Staff Report

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A California Highway Patrol officer fired at a speeding motorcyclist who refused to pull over Sunday afternoon, authorities said.

It was unclear whether the shot struck the motorcyclist, who got away and was still being sought Sunday night, authorities said.

The incident began at 12:07 p.m. on eastbound Interstate 80 in American Canyon, where a CHP officer clocked two motorcycles speeding at 85 mph, according to CHP spokesman Marvin Williford. The CHP officer began pursuing the riders and attempted to pull over both of them. One, however, exited I-80 at Red Top Road and then re-entered I-80 westbound while the second motorcyclist continued east on I-80.

A second CHP officer was west on I-80 and had been monitoring the pursuit. At the Columbus Parkway exit in Vallejo, the officer pulled over a motorcyclist who matched the description of the first fleeing biker. The officer, however, realized he had the wrong biker when he spotted the fleeing motorcyclist coming off Columbus Parkway in his direction, Williford said.

The officer stepped off his bike and waved for the fleeing motorcyclist to stop, but the rider instead accelerated toward the officer and the officer opened fire, Williford said.

The motorcycle swerved away from the officer and continued on Columbus Parkway.

Authorities are searching for a Kawasaki ZX6R 636 silver with black trim whose driver was wearing a dark helmet, a dark jacket and blue jeans. The motorcycle had no license plate.

Police are also seeking the second motorcycle that continued on east I-80. The motorcycle is described as champagne colored with a paper license plate. Both motorcycles are of the same make and type possible 2005 or 2006 models.

CHP officers ask that anyone with information in this case contact Lieutenant Johnson at the Solano Area CHP office at (707) 428-2100.

Huey Lewis & the News KICKS ASS FOO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
damn, but if he was headed towards the cop then he was justified in firing if the guy was using the vehicle as a weapon.

that cop will get mad shit from his coworkers as it's common sense...if you shoot the driver/rider the vehicle is still coming at you. in that situation it's best to take cover and only fire if you can't take cover

lol stupid move by the cop not to just get out of the damn way...f'n idiot probably stepped in front of the bike/rider. was a justified shooting probably, but not smart AT ALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:27 AM
meat popsicle

great now they are shooting at us, good job everyone

JUST FUCKIN PULL OVER!!!!
:r1budha
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 09:24 AM
it's meeting not meating

Send a message via AIM to OldscholVett&R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoTan
great now they are shooting at us, good job everyone

:imwst .....:jimmie

:gun ......I touch myself

"To dare is to dream. To fear is to fail. Live life in the now, for tomorrow may never come."
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:19 AM

Total shitheads.... I cant believe the fuckers who are getting on bikes. Paper plates?!

I swear 'they' are going to make regulation intervene. So weak.

My mods are ghey...
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:21 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey
damn, but if he was headed towards the cop then he was justified in firing if the guy was using the vehicle as a weapon.

that cop will get mad shit from his coworkers as it's common sense...if you shoot the driver/rider the vehicle is still coming at you. in that situation it's best to take cover and only fire if you can't take cover

lol stupid move by the cop not to just get out of the damn way...f'n idiot probably stepped in front of the bike/rider. was a justified shooting probably, but not smart AT ALL

From what I hear locally here, the cop did just that. He stepped out in the lane the bike was coming in and tried to flag him down..... To me that's bs to say that was a justified shooting.... total bs imo

He was just pissed he got away....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Ta Moko

CHP walked out onto the road in front of me and Mark, on a blind curve no less. Lucky for him we have awesome brakes. One of the guys we were riding with said he was thinking of running. Glad he didn't as CHP dude might have shot us all lol

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:31 AM
FAsT BOYS

that sucks.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoTan

:imwst Enough Said
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey

I was going to just about mirror this whole damn thing. Thanks for saving me the typing time Corey.

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:37 PM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
1. If you step in front of a moving vehicle, it is not a justified shooting.

2. He had to have his gun already out if he was able to step in front of a vehicle tavelling at 85 MPH and still have time to fire at it.

3. He should be removed from the force for this stunt. He shot at a moving vehicle, unjustified, already had his weapon drawn, and had blatant disregard for where his round would end up if he missed the target.
It's called controlling your fire and is one fo the very first things they teach anyone who is carrying a weapon.

What if the round missed, penetrated a vehicle travleeing behind or in the opposite direction and struck an innocent civilian....like say a 5 year old child.....and killed him/her......

4. The rider shoulld be jailed as well. The penalty for running needs to be increased enough that it's not worth doing. no matter the type of vehicle you are operating.
Driving isn't your right. it's a priviledge. and should be treated as such.

stupid people make us all look bad. No matter what side of the equation they are on.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Mummy Man

wrong buddha. an officer can step out to stop a vehicle at any point and if that person doesn't stop and the officer feels his life is endanger and the person is noticeably not stopping the officer has EVERY RIGHT TO FIRE! is it smart? are their other options? of course, but it's a VERY legal shooting.

he probably did have his gun out and rightuflly so if the guy was fleeing thats a felony and you don't know what you're dealing with. i would have had my gun out also if i was attempting to stop someone who is running. would i get intheir way though? no, but if for ANY reason i was in their way i would take cover, but i have hte options to fire if i can prove he didn't slow down, didn't try to stop, etc...

If any person is every in front of a vehicle and the driver sees him and doesn't stop he's using his vehicle as a weapon and lethal force is justified...

budha: the background doesn't matter...that's ALWAYS a factor in any shooting...

agreed: the pentalites aren't high enough right now...legistlation will step in i feel if things keep up

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Mummy Man

cops aren't required to run or take cover at any time. they have the right to stop anything that they feel threatens them using the least force necessary. but at no point does the law ever state an officer MUST flee or take cover. that's important also...

now smart people will do that, but the law doesn't ever state they have to or should...

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
:corn :corn

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 04:28 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
If he stepped out in front of the bike, ofcourse it was traveling straight at him. Does this mean that the rider intended to harm the officer? No. But who are you gonna believe? A law enforcment officer, or a person who is now a felon for running, and isn't there to give thier own account?

I aggree with both of Corey and Budha, the penalty should be much more severe for people who run....

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1stunner
:corn :corn
:imwst
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:10 PM

Not Cool!

This cop needs to be :gun at. http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGKTJCJOA3.DTL
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:17 PM
No Crying Allowed

THREADS merged

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:23 PM

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:26 PM
No Crying Allowed

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode