Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Got a new job

Had the interview on Wednesday and got a conditional job offer today... A couple of you guys know what I've been up to, but for the rest... I've wanted to get on the local PD here in Cape Coral since we moved here. Unfortunately when I was in college years ago, I dropped out before attaining my degree. Since I don't have the required # of credits to qualify, and this PD is pretty particular about their applicants, I needed to find another way in. So I decided to get on with the city in another capacity and use their education assistance package to get the remaining credits I need. The conditional part is I have to wait on my backround check, physical, and polygraph test to be completed first. After that I'll be starting as a 911 operator. I was hoping for the Telecommunications (dispatch) and didn't get it, but I found out I'm the 2nd alternate for that spot. They're hiring 3 dispatchers (out of about 40-50 apps) and if 2 of them don't pass backrounds or polygraphs, I'll get bumped up.

Either way once I'm in I'll be able to take classes that the city will pay for. I actually don't have to even attain a degree, as long as I have the required amount of credits they ask for. May take me a while, but it's a step in the right direction

Other benefits: Paid medical, retirement (my time w/ the city will carry over when I get in the PD), paid 3 hours per week to work out at the PD's gym, plus the fact that my commute will go from 1.5 hours/day plus tolls to about 20 minutes/day +no tolls...:

Wish me luck that the backround checks don't find any skeletons in the closet.... :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:18 PM
we meat again

That's awesome man! Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Rookie again

Good luck bud, hope they hook you up.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

very nice man! Congrats!

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 10:27 PM
No Crying Allowed

AWESOME BRO.................. Although I had to read it to find out bitch....

So is this the same office as Jana?

Also, You know you can't be postwhoring while taking 911 calls don't you? he he

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:49 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
right on.. now you get to get probed...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 04:25 AM
FAsT BOYS

nice
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Future Lottery Winner

Send a message via MSN to Belgium
DJ, bro ! SOOOOOOOOO happy for you man !!!! We were just talking about this at my parents house a couple days ago. Man this is great !!!

A BIG congrats, and I'll be sure to have a couple at your health tonight !!!

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 10:33 AM

That's great.
I'm trully happy for you.
Good luck.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
glad it's working out...keep on working your way up till you're where you want to be (cop) or what not...

that's cool...i know fl is very tough for cost living and jobs. i would love to live there, but just moving out of mn and going to fl wouldn't be reasonable so i'm looking other places...

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
All the best!!!!

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Thanks for the encouragement guys...: It will take a while to work up to where I want to be but it'll be worth it. And I can pretty much say this will put an end to my postwhoring at work days, lol! But working 12 hours shifts also means you get more time off. The days off goes like this in a 2 week schedule: work 2 days, off 2 days, work 3, off 2, work 2, off 3 So the longest stretch I'll actually work is 3 days straight....unless there's a hurricane, in which case I'll be living there since I'll be "essential personnell".

It'll probably be at least 6 weeks or so before I start till at the backround stuff is done. After that will be training and I have to aquire an FCIC/NCIC certification within the first 6 months I'm there. Nothing I can't handle...

I'll keep you all up to date on things. And R1Lover I tried to call you the other day foo.....you were out to lunch, remember?

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:36 PM
No Crying Allowed

:1poke

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:52 PM

Congrats!!

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:57 PM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
Thanks for the encouragement guys...: It will take a while to work up to where I want to be but it'll be worth it. And I can pretty much say this will put an end to my postwhoring at work days, lol! But working 12 hours shifts also means you get more time off. The days off goes like this in a 2 week schedule: work 2 days, off 2 days, work 3, off 2, work 2, off 3 So the longest stretch I'll actually work is 3 days straight....unless there's a hurricane, in which case I'll be living there since I'll be "essential personnell".

It'll probably be at least 6 weeks or so before I start till at the backround stuff is done. After that will be training and I have to aquire an FCIC/NCIC certification within the first 6 months I'm there. Nothing I can't handle...

I'll keep you all up to date on things. And R1Lover I tried to call you the other day foo.....you were out to lunch, remember?
i have a good friend who does that.

He really likes his job.

and about half of the calls they receive are sooooooo funny they cant help laughing.........
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
THe messed up thing is that he cant pass a piss test....

J/K congrats bro on being able to answer the phone......

Car 51 where are you....??????

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1
J/K congrats bro on being able to answer the phone......

Car 51 where are you....??????

post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

dial 911 and make a cop cum

ROFL

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 05:50 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1
dial 911 and make a cop cum

ROFL

Oh my, you are asking for it now

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

I thought as much LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode