Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Good thing my ZX6R is hunter orange

So , I started vacation as of yesterday , and woke up this morning , wanting to go get in a good ride and decided to take a back twisty road around here called " Redhill-Maxwell Road " - it's a road I never ride in the late evenings or after dark because of all the deer out that way , but MAN is it a fun road.

Anyway , I take off about 11:30 am today , and head out there , and just really cruising along , not doing anything stupid , I'm pretty conservative at riding. Plus I'm wearing those new Teknic riding boots , and they're so different from wearing tennis shoes that it changes my riding position to some extent and I can't " feel " the shifter or brake with my feet like I used to, so I'm riding even slower than normal on the trip out.

I decided to follow that road until it came to an end, I had nowhere else to go , and like I said , it is a very fun road to ride . It does have some patchwork done on it though , where the road was cracking and they patched it with tar , looks like someone stood there and poured out 5 inch wide strips of tar across the pavement. Have you ever noticed how slick that shit is when it's hot : ?

So I'm riding along , and I pass two country churches way the hell out there , like 20 miles out, so I make a mental note to self , and I say " Self , watch it , because on the way back, some backwoods Sunday driver is gonna pull out in front of your ass right there ". Well , not long after that I finally come to the end of the road where it comes back out on the highway , and I turn it around , and ride it back in.

And lo' and behold , when I approach the 2nd church on my way back in , sure enough some old couple in a black explorer pull out in front of me. No big deal because I was expecting that to happen , and they were going along at about 50 mph once they picked up speed. It slowed me from my 60-70mph pace , but it was no big deal. That's when we came upon the car that evidently pulled out 5 minutes before they did from church, and it was running about 40 mph.

I couldn't stand it, but I didn't want to make an ass out of myself, so I gritted my teeth and beared it for as long as I could. Finally , there was my chance , the slow POS in front signaled a right hand turn. I waited and made sure the black Explorer wasn't going to pass him on the left as he made the turn , and when I saw it wasn't going to , I passed them both. I didn't lay into it and show off the mighty power of my 600 like some squid , I just " quickly " went around and signaled back into the lane .

That's when the damn deer decided to go ahead and come out of the corn field to my left.

Who would have thought a deer would've been out and about at this time of day ? It seemed like it happend in slow motion too, but here it came , out of the field , kind of running from my left , to my right front , kind of running diagonally across. It was a huge doe , and I saw it in plenty of time to get on the brakes, so I put it in the center of the road , no traffic was oncoming , and watched it come out onto the pavement. I figured that once it heard my bike it would bolt right in front of me , so I layed into the horn , and sure enough , it scared the shit out of the deer and across it came.

Since I put myself in the center of the road , I knew that whichever way it went , I had the entire other lane to go around , so it really wasn't a big deal. But that deer was so close I could've smacked it on the ass. Actually , I thought about smacking it , but figured that would end up getting me kicked off the bike from it being scared shitless. The end result was it skidded across the road on it's ass / hind legs because of the slick blacktop to my right , and I was able to buzz around it in the left hand lane.

Made me glad that I didn't squid out and nail the throttle around that black explorer, or I may have been posting pictures of my bike in pieces or worse.

Sorry for the long rant , but hey , somebody had to listen , might as well be you guys

*** CLIFF NOTES ***

Went for a ride , and at about noon had a deer run across the road right in front of me. Who would have thought a deer would be crossing the road at high noon ? Morning , yes , evening and night , definately , but noon ??

Be careful out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 05:10 PM

wow....so glad you had the skill and maturity to get out of that situation safely
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 05:19 PM
No Crying Allowed

Thank God for cliff notes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Ta Moko

*** CLIFF NOTES ***

Went for a ride , and at about noon had a deer run across the road right in front of me. Who would have thought a deer would be crossing the road at high noon ? Morning , yes , evening and night , definately , but noon ??

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
ask motojustin4 about deers... LOl ROFL

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
Thank God for cliff notes.
:imwst
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
[email protected] cliffnotes. Glad you made it through ok.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
Glad you made it through ok.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
[email protected] cliffnotes. Glad you made it through ok.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:15 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
more like bad thing your bike is hunter orange because deer can't see that color or something along those lines thats why hunting clothes are that color we see them because we can see color deer can't because they see in black & white and something along those lines.... I watch discovery channel.. :

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn
more like bad thing your bike is hunter orange because deer can't see that color or something along those lines thats why hunting clothes are that color we see them because we can see color deer can't because they see in black & white and something along those lines.... I watch discovery channel.. :
Maybe you should quit watching TV and go back and study your English some more.
That way you will stop writing poorly constructed, run-on sentences......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode