Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

almost killed my dog tonight

so today, I took the schnauzer to obedience training. It was amazing, after 1 hour she was walking, sitting, heeling, doing everything right. We were using a choke collar, and lemon juice (for the barking) and it was working wonderfully. She really was a new dog.

So, tonight, someone knocks on the door, and she starts her barking. I give a few yanks on the choke collar, and tell her "no bark" like the instructor says, and it works for a minute. But she started up again, and I go to get her and she fucking almost bites two of my fingers off. This is a dog, that in 4 years, has never bit me, other than playfully. She drew blood, lots of it. I fucking picked her ass up and hurled her across the room, where she came in contact with the wall nicely. You dont understand my anger at this point. Then I drug her by the collar and put her in a cage, outside.

I used to live next to a vet who had a couple dogs. He said if any of them ever bit him, ever, he would put them down. I could have snapped her neck tonight, like a fucking twig. I did not though, but it will never be the same. That dog can kiss my ass, she had better hope my wife takes care of her.

I dont care if it was her "survival instinct" or whatever, I'm the Alpha Male, and in the wild the alpha male would have killed her for that. She got lucky tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:01 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
what I did to make sure my dog would NEVER bite me and learned I am the ALPHA..

is whenever she would be eating a bone or eating her food or doing something were dogs are very protective of... I would fuck with her.. but my hand in the food, take the bone away, pick her up.... ya I got bit once or twice but everytime she bit me she got smacked on the nose and yelled at and lost whatever she was doing......... so no bone no more food nothing for about an hour or so if it was a bone she lost it I gave it to the other dog...

she has not snapped at me once since.. or little kids that mess with her either... of course I am always there to make sure...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Kind of weird that the dog never did it untill after this obedience training. I wonder if it was pissed at you for the choke collar? Either way, there's still no excuse. I wouldn't own a dog I couldn't trust. I've had 3 German Shepards in the past that I could've done anything to and never once even got a nip from them. They need to be loyal or they need to be gone.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

yea
my wife thinks she was "stressed" because of the training. I dunno, but damn I loved that dog. I just wonder WTF would make her do that to me? I dunno if I can even trust her now, especially around my daughter or our little guy (pomeranian).

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I thought this was the thread from MKinla *shrug*

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
I just wonder WTF would make her do that to me?
Not to stick up for the dog....but she was probably wondering the same thing about you to be honest. You said you've had her 4 years, then all the sudden out of the blue today you're yanking on a choke chain and using lemon juice on her. She probably thought "WTF is this torture for? What did I do?"

Like I said earlier, you have to be able to trust a dog, but from what you've said, it really sounds to me like her reaction was a direct result of the methods of conditioning you're using on her. Maybe she's too old to learn new tricks? Just guessing here, but I wonder if you'd done her obedience training at an earlier age if she would've taken to it better. Can't change that now, but if you still want to keep her, I'd contact the obedience school and tell them what happened. Her reaction might be one they've encountered before and they may advise you to try something different with her.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:24 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
Not to stick up for the dog....but she was probably wondering the same thing about you to be honest. You said you've had her 4 years, then all the sudden out of the blue today you're yanking on a choke chain and using lemon juice on her. She probably thought "WTF is this torture for? What did I do?"

Like I said earlier, you have to be able to trust a dog, but from what you've said, it really sounds to me like her reaction was a direct result of the methods of conditioning you're using on her. Maybe she's too old to learn new tricks? Just guessing here, but I wonder if you'd done her obedience training at an earlier age if she would've taken to it better. Can't change that now, but if you still want to keep her, I'd contact the obedience school and tell them what happened. Her reaction might be one they've encountered before and they may advise you to try something different with her.

that is prolly true you might have started too harsh on the training with a choke collar, and lemon juice (in the mouth I hope)...

might have to start slower..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:25 PM
No Crying Allowed

WOW, I think mine must have learned early....... I can raise my voice and she knows who's the boss............

I play with her all the time with her playfully biting my arm and leg..... never once has she even come close to hurting me.

I guess I'm lucky... ?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast
thats what I thought, but the trainer (who has been doing this for years) was very specific... We try to attribute human emotions to animals, and they see things in black and white. They are pack animals, and the extent of their knowledge is putting 2 and 2 together when it comes to reward and punishment. I mean, he had her submitting and doing basically anything he told her in about 3 minutes. It was amazing. She was kissing his ass and begging to be held, something she has NEVER done to anyone but me and the wife.

Oh well, I'm cooling off now. I just took her for a walk to reinforce that I'm the boss. I made her walk about inches from my left leg the entire time, praising her for doing good, and correcting her for doing wrong. I would stop and have her sit, and praise her for that too.

Damn dogs...my freakin wife was crying about it too

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

You're right, we do tend to attribute human emotions to our pets erroniously. But even so, dogs learn a routine. Throwing something new into their daily routine can confuse them, maybe to the point where they'd do something they normally wouldn't. Hopefully you stick with it and give her a chance to learn the "new" rules. Obedience training is just that...training. Not something learned in only one session. Good luck with her Phil. :

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 10:54 AM

If my dog got pissed at me I think i'd be fucked... don't think I could throw a 100 lb Doberman across the room lol

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 10:59 AM

haven't read the thread (yet), but the title kind of reminds me of mkinla
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 06:10 PM

I dunno man , I say good for you that the dog is still breathing. I know if any of my dogs have ever attacked or bit me , they're gone. No ifs and or buts about it , if you think you're mad that it bit you , or were mad when it did bite you , think of what you would feel if it bit your daughter's fingers or scarred her face up.

Lucky dog.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 07:43 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint
I dunno man , I say good for you that the dog is still breathing. I know if any of my dogs have ever attacked or bit me , they're gone. No ifs and or buts about it , if you think you're mad that it bit you , or were mad when it did bite you , think of what you would feel if it bit your daughter's fingers or scarred her face up.

Lucky dog.

x2, I had to shoot my dog after it attacked a cousin of mine when I was younger. Sucks, but I was taught it had to be done.

I'll take the 3rd vote for erroneosly overlaying human emotions onto animals, dogs in particular. Shifting routine is a valid idea, "being stressed" isn't. Atleast I don't consider it one.

As far as discipline goes, I never have been a big subscriber to hitting a dog as discipline, even if it attacks me, I usually do the thumb driven down in the top of the nose issue. Cuts off their airflow, and gives you a good 60 seconds of sheer terror for them that you can yell and scream in to get your point across, but wont 'cause long term damage, as soon as your thumb lifts they're perfectly fine and healthy, and if you do it properly there's no way in hell that they wont be submissive. If it comes to it you can lead them to the cage by the nose while you're suffocating them too.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 07:54 PM

Happened to me on Sat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2066.JPG (40.3 KB, 19 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode