Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

FAWKING Dealers

I waited two weeks for an apointment with the local dealership for the TPS issue. They've had my bike for a week now. I've called twice now to see whats up with my bike since it was promised to be done twice now, and on both ocasions they said they didn't have time to look at it yet. I'm getting pissed, why even bother making an appointment? Fawkers probably messed my bike up and don't want to fes up to it, gonna go check it out tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 11:16 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
:gun
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Suzuki deal had my SV for 3 months years ago. When I finally got it back it was all scratched to hell. Looks like they used it for their toolbench in the shop. Moral of the story: always get references before trusting your shit to someone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:04 AM

:gun :gun :gun :gun :gun :gun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 11:00 AM

bastards....some places just should not be open
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 07:30 AM
phil-osepher

I can only think of one bike dealer that I've had a good experience buying from. I can really only think of one bike dealer that has been good to me as far as servicing. All the others have sucked. Bad.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldscholVett&R1
bastards....some places just should not be open
:imwst :gun
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 04:58 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
I load the bike on my truck and drive an hour, so that I don't have to deal with dealers. Most of them are always two weeks behind (cant understand why because they are so s...) and they don't seem to know what they are doing.
Locate a small independent shop that has good references and go there. :r1budha

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 08:23 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga
I Most of them are always two weeks behind (cant understand why because they are so s...) and they don't seem to know what they are doing.
Well, think about it. The owners of most dealers aren't rolling in the cash, and so they pay their service guys like $10 and hour or something. The service guys don't give a rip, aren't making good money, so why should they care?

Tough to find good help these days. Maybe dealers should start hiring illegals that would work their arse off for $5 per hour.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Resident Redneck

If you don't want to make a :laugh ing stock out of your dealeship then get quality mechanics and pay them properly.
If you want to make money you have to spend money. If you start a business and it is not making money, then close the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
Well, think about it. The owners of most dealers aren't rolling in the cash, and so they pay their service guys like $10 and hour or something. The service guys don't give a rip, aren't making good money, so why should they care?

Tough to find good help these days. Maybe dealers should start hiring illegals that would work their arse off for $5 per hour.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:28 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga
If you don't want to make a :laugh ing stock out of your dealeship then get quality mechanics and pay them properly.
If you want to make money you have to spend money. If you start a business and it is not making money, then close the doors.
Well, obviously not too many dealers are spending that money. It's also hard to make money when the majority of sportbike riders are cheap bastards that nickel and dime dealers over everything, or only go there when something is wrong. Or, they go there to try stuff on, only to order it online. I would never want to be in the motorcycle business. Ever see those commercials for MMI? Who wants to spin wrenches for 25k per year?

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Resident Redneck

Can't speak for everybody, but I always take my bike in for service, besides washing it and of course riding it, I don't do much else. People nickle and dime because the price of everything has gone up so high and wages don't follow, that we have no choice left. Pipe 2500.00 rear set 500.00 and so on. I have two shops that I deal with, and who ever has the best price that is where I go. Both of the places are independent shops because dealers suck.
25.k wont even buy a good set of tools these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77
Well, obviously not too many dealers are spending that money. It's also hard to make money when the majority of sportbike riders are cheap bastards that nickel and dime dealers over everything, or only go there when something is wrong. Or, they go there to try stuff on, only to order it online. I would never want to be in the motorcycle business. Ever see those commercials for MMI? Who wants to spin wrenches for 25k per year?

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:53 AM
phil-osepher

I hear ya, I mean I wouldnt buy a set of tires from a dealer if they were outrageously priced. Yet, I have ordered parts, even if I knew they were $10 to $15 more than I could get online, simply because I knew they had to make a living and I'd rather have a good relationship in case something did go wrong.

When I say nickel and dime, I mean stupid stuff like people getting quotes from 10 different people and posting threads about the "best price" for a part when the spread it like $20 between the lowest and highest quote. Gimme a freakin break over here... People are so cheap.

Go list a new slip on pipe (that retails for $400 new) on another forum. List it for $350 (fair price), and watch the offers for $150 to $200 roll in. Ridiculous......

I'm sure Corey can chime in with his business dealings....

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 10:10 AM

actually, from my experience as a motorcycle mechanic (which is several years ago) most mechanics can make fairly good money.
Most are paid one of two ways, either per hour at a lower rate, ort flat-rate time at a higher rate.
I worked flat rate and in 1995 made over 30K a year doing it.
and that was averaging 45 hours flat rate time per week.
it's not that hard to make money as a mechanic.
what you are seeing is more likely the fact that there are not enough qualified people getting into the field.

Ididn't stay in because i could make more, doing less in computers.
now i make nearly double that and while i work nearly 70 hours per week, it's an "easy" 70 hours, an dI could cut those back if i wanted too.

younger people these days are "lazy" in that they will go for the least effort and most money, and that typically does not include any type of trade at all.

thus it is harder to get quality people, at a decent price.

Wait till you need something repaired in your home and then you'll be bitching about the cost associated wiuth the electrician, or A/C guy, or plumber etc....

i could double my salary by going back to the A/C field and moving back to Florida. But i dont want or need to.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 10:26 AM
phil-osepher

yea, need a new furnace? Ok, give up $5000 beatch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode