Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:54 PM

Did r1pastiator stole your login and password? :1poke

:
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Can't wait to see R1LOVER's comments on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
Did r1pastiator stole your login and password? :1poke

:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

No I just cant believe the rate that these type of stories are starting to surface...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cartoon_b.jpg (65.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by dontpntpool; 08-04-2006 at 02:00 PM.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:07 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpntpool
No I just cant believe the rate that these type of stories are starting to surface...

It all depends on what direction the media is wanting to go at the time..... These things happen everyday, you just don't see them in the news or on the internet.

p.s. R1gladiator - Give dontpnthepool his password back now damit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

lol dont make me whip out metasploit :comperror
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Ask the Chief

is this really anything new?

plenty of this stuff happened in the 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's........and so on.

big brother is always watching out for our "well being".

life here is STILL a zillion times better than most places on the globe.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Yes all this is new...

I remember when cops couldn't search your car, because it was private property.

I remember when cops had to state why they were harrassing someone.

I remember when they had to have a reason more than just looking.

I remember when guilt had to be proven beyond a resonable doubt.

I remember when trying a case in the media was illegal.

I remember when unreasonable force ment something.

I remember when privacy ment you had to have a judge see evidence that the prosicution had a case before being able to snoop in on converstations of the public.

I remember when signing something ment something, now just clicking on something can cost you your life savings.

I remember when a lawsuit was used to prove whats right, now its just about money.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Yes all this is new...

I remember when cops couldn't search your car, because it was private property.
They've been able to with only a "reasonable suspicion" for 40 years.......
Thus the "Safety Inspection" roadblocks that have been setup near bar rows for the last 30 years....

Quote:
I remember when cops had to state why they were harrassing someone.
Ask a Black person in the South in 1950 about this one........

Quote:
I remember when they had to have a reason more than just looking.
such as "because you are black and in the area?
Or howabout because you are just merely different than the "norm" for the area....
hmmmm
sounds like the late 19th century in NEw York and being irish......

Quote:
I remember when guilt had to be proven beyond a resonable doubt.
Salem witch trials old enough?
How about lynch mobs in the old west....
or the south.....

Quote:
I remember when trying a case in the media was illegal.
This has been happening since the day they allowed people to print newspapers......
How about Richard Nixon....
or we can go further back and find hundreds of examples in the 1800's....
maybe even the 1920's and the prohibition era.....
or how aqbout the Chevrolet side saddle gas tanks more recently.....

Quote:
I remember when unreasonable force ment something.
Ask the "Regulators" of the old west...
the "revenuers" of the appalachain highlands......
etc.

Quote:
I remember when privacy ment you had to have a judge see evidence that the prosicution had a case before being able to snoop in on converstations of the public.
the NSA has been allowed to liten without cause on the premise of "National Security" for years.....
NOt to mention that the law has always allowed "retroactive" search warrants within 24 hours or 46 depending on the circumstances....

And the FBI has its own set of rules outside the standard Police forces, as have the US Marshalls and the Secret Service.......

Quote:
I remember when signing something ment something, now just clicking on something can cost you your life savings.
so now it's just easier to do...
There have been "con men" since man started walking.....
they used "gold strikes" in the 1850's....
"oil wells" in the 1920's.....
The phone and mail in the 1950s-1980's.....
and amazingly, desoite all the hoopla...it's still the same ones getting burned...
the dumb ones, and the greedy ones....
go figure.....

Quote:
I remember when a lawsuit was used to prove whats right, now its just about money.
although i actually agree here, more and more its even worse......
its about "punishing" the company because they can affaord it....
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:29 PM
No Crying Allowed

Budha, you have too much info upstairs lol :1poke

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM

no i just hate it when people think that history isnt repeating itself....
dontpntpool is a friend of mine, and his brother is worse than I am (if you can believe that)
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 PM
No Crying Allowed

Ya I knew that... lol

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER
It all depends on what direction the media is wanting to go at the time..... These things happen everyday, you just don't see them in the news or on the internet.

p.s. R1gladiator - Give dontpnthepool his password back now damit.

No we just think alike on some issues

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Budha I would argue with you but you know as well as me that those arguements are 90% bullshit...

Its all about semantics and privacy and individual rights are all on the loosing side. Basically most people dont care about themselves and will sell their rights for dirt. Just by justifying the new actions by saying the have always done it is part of the problem.

One of the last true freedom fighters... eff.org

Eff gets gov't to admit they are above the law
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

...at least at one point in time there was a semblance of liberty in this country.

Maybe we dont deserve it anymore....

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad. ~James Madison

Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness. ~George Washington

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in the insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding. ~Justice Louis D. Brandeis

It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty. ~John C. Calhoun

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 11:27 PM

:mummyzz :mummyzz :mummyzz
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 AM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Old or new, it's still a wake up call that what you think is private really isn't.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 06:57 AM
Ta Moko

Quote:
...at least at one point in time there was a semblance of liberty in this country.

Maybe we dont deserve it anymore....

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad. ~James Madison

Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness. ~George Washington

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in the insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding. ~Justice Louis D. Brandeis

It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty. ~John C. Calhoun

Do you know Abe Froman

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 AM

for every quote from the past used, there is one that also is contradictory from the same people.

It IS about people waking up and realizing that what has been fought for by people in history is repeating itself, and that by not honoring the work and sacrifices of those from previous generations, that we are going to be forced to repeat the situations and will, at some point be forced to wither acept them as the norm for all time, or be forced to go through the viloence and strifee that could have been prevented by simpy remembering the past.

of course, that wont happen as we no longer force children growing up to actually learn anything in school.

I dont disagree that the government thinks it is above the law (all of the government, for many many decades), but i also know that any argument that this hasnt happened before is laughable and shows either ignorance, or just plain bias by the person making the argument.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 10:06 AM
phil-osepher

let's all band together and make a difference! Lets protest, conduct marches, rally our fellow citizens! We'll sign petitions and educate the masses!!!!

Or, how about I just drink a beer and worry about what I can change, inside my circle of influence. Call me ignorant, but I'm not worrying about crap like that, unless it affects me directly. THAT's the American way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode