Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

NEW Software Update changes

Update Friday 5:45pm Pacific Time.

As you guy's have seen we have updated the forum to the newest version.

The new version had some major changes on how things work in the backend of VB.

As a result of the changes the skins we had will need to be redone at a later time when they support the newest version of VB.

So at this time we will only have two basic skins.

Over the next two days we will be customizing these skins to improve the looks a little for now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Ok, the old skins have been removed and we have added two new Skins...

Mummy Default Light
Mummy Default Dark

All of the custom hack will have to be added to these new skins, so give us a little time and we will have them done.

When this is finished we will add one custom skin like the tren_z or grunged.... we will look at this this weekend... for now you will have these two to choose from.

All issues with the forum have been fixed and resolved.

If you do find something please let us know.

You guy's will notice a few new features now, I will post up the new ones and how to use them later.

Thank you...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:38 AM

attachments arent showing up as pictures anymore but just as links...
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpntpool View Post
attachments arent showing up as pictures anymore but just as links...
I'm working on a new thumbnail setting, it is rebuilding all the images as I type.... should take about an hour or less for all the old post to show up as a thumbnail.

All new post will work now.

Test Pic

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04R1_red_4_1734.jpg (57.9 KB, 3 views)

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:52 AM

Yeah I saw that you did the resize mod on my new post and figured you were running the script on the old ones

Should save alot of bandwidth and keep the site speedy!

Last edited by dontpntpool; 08-05-2006 at 02:56 AM.
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 08:12 AM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Multi quote!! Cool!

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
we are trying to bring a lot of new functions here

post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Yeah I saw that you did the resize mod on my new post and figured you were running the script on the old ones

Should save alot of bandwidth and keep the site speedy!
yes, that is the key...... I just hope poeple understand.... Change is hard and the whole reason for this one is what you mentioned...

|
|
|
|
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
yes, I just hope poeple understand.... Change is hard
Yes, Change is very hard to accept sometimes! But, then I stare at your avatar thinking she saying.... "Fukk I Like Change" Then the world just melts away
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

lol, I get starring at it sometimes too.... "you can't take just one look"

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
Quote:
lol, I get starring at it sometimes too.... "you can't take just one look"

post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I'm working on a new thumbnail setting, it is rebuilding all the images as I type.... should take about an hour or less for all the old post to show up as a thumbnail.

All new post will work now.

Test Pic

I was over at Budhas house and he was telling me that your script was failing something with image magic...

I guessed that it might be that the script was running to long and timing out

I had the same problem with Gallery and Jinzora when running big batch jobs in php

changing the php_value max_execution_time to something higher like 900 might let it finish then switch it back to the default
You may also need to change the php_value memory_limit to something higher too

Info can be found here
http://us2.php.net/configuration.changes

and here about some vbull issues with it and setting it specifically for admins (make sure .htaccess works)
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34298
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
I was over at Budhas house and he was telling me that your script was failing something with image magic...

I guessed that it might be that the script was running to long and timing out

I had the same problem with Gallery and Jinzora when running big batch jobs in php

changing the php_value max_execution_time to something higher like 900 might let it finish then switch it back to the default
You may also need to change the php_value memory_limit to something higher too

Info can be found here
http://us2.php.net/configuration.changes

and here about some vbull issues with it and setting it specifically for admins (make sure .htaccess works)
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34298

Yes it was, it was going through all the images on the forum and starting from day one.... it did time out a few times.

I finally gave up..

the thumbnails work, there are just some older post that will show them as an attachment and not display the picture.

All new post will be thumbnailed properly.

The setting you are talking about would have to be done by the server admin.

Thanks for the help though.

|
|
|
|
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I added a red and blue skin tonight in addittion to the other ones...

Give me some feedback.

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 11:52 AM
The real Blue ranger

I like the blue

Quote:
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Like the dark for me

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

I just added black too

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 01:12 PM
The real Blue ranger

Attached pics don't show up as thumbnails for me. yes I know older ones might do this, but the new ones don't show for me either..

Quote:
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Ltony View Post
Attached pics don't show up as thumbnails for me. yes I know older ones might do this, but the new ones don't show for me either..
If you post up a link to the images on another site they will be the same as before.

If you upload them then they will be a thumbnail of 300x300.

If this is not what it's doing for you please let me know...

|
|
|
|
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 02:01 PM
The real Blue ranger

testicles::

Ok so this shows up as a thumbnail. How far back is the cuttoff for recent pics? Some posts as of yesterday show up as attachments but not as thumbs.

BTW this rose is in my garden
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00539.JPG (89.3 KB, 1 views)

Quote:

Last edited by R4Ltony; 08-06-2006 at 02:03 PM. Reason: testing thumbnails

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode