Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

martini bar?

So, i just had lunch with a business owner. He was looking for my advice, in reference to borrowing money (from our bank) in order to invest in a martini bar. This place is already under construction, and he is supposed to be putting cash in.

Let me know what you think. Here is the scenerio. Open from 4pm to 2am, NO food at all. Just drinks, some live music. The part of town it is in isn't the best, but it is decent. There are some condos going up around it since it is almost riverfront property, but they are only going for 150k to 175k. Those people are beer drinkers if you ask me.

Bottom line, talked him out of it. That's a bad deal if you ask me, especially the no food part. I know I wouldn't put my money in it, would you?

You are trying to cater to the 30 to 45 year old divorced singles crowd, in a super tough area. I say out of business in 6 months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 12:34 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
a Martini Bar is a good idea when you serve some kinda food.. not just drinks.. most people want to sit down and drink and eat at martini bars here in CO...

But as far as a Beer area.. doubt it.. you need to do some research to figure that out.. plus peopel will drive to goto a nice place doesn't have to the the immediate area..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 12:43 PM

That would flop like a fish outta water

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 04:12 PM

there is one in my home town called Oliver Twist.....makes tons of money...always full of people..and the shit is expensive
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

vette
do they serve food?

Just a thought. Actually, our suggestion to him was that it needed to be a dual operation kind of place. By day, a coffee shop/wireless hub where business types can go for lunch, and by night a martini bar with appetizers and live music.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
My Idea would be invest... all bars can be risky to invest in and #1 business quote " location location location"
A business like that may even turn a bad area around. I would say it is 50-50. It could flop in 6 months or it could become a goldmine depending on the managment. IMO if you let nothing but barflies in the place will go down hill real quick. Book the right bands and attract the right crowd people wil come in droves.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
vette
do they serve food?

Just a thought. Actually, our suggestion to him was that it needed to be a dual operation kind of place. By day, a coffee shop/wireless hub where business types can go for lunch, and by night a martini bar with appetizers and live music.

i don't believe so....but there location is great...thats what is really pulling in the crowd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode