Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Petronas Yamaha?

Do you trust your mechanic?

This is why you should work on your own car, it's just too hard to find a good mechanic.
Nice job Jiffy Lube

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Ask the Chief

are you really surprised?

that's why they get so pissed when i watch them like a hawk.

not to mention that i do 99% of my own work on both cars and bikes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Petronas Yamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
are you really surprised?

A little, I worked as mechanic for awhile. I personally never cheated anyone out of work/parts.........
For the jeep filter in video, I think they marked the fuel pump. Cause I remember all filters on the frame rail, but maybe things change...... There busted for sure on the trans service.

Jeep filter:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel_filter_wj.jpg (62.1 KB, 3 views)
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Ask the Chief

then you should know that half the people that go in there have no idea what a fuel filter is.

sucks that those azzholes give ALL mechanics a bad name. just not enough honest ones left out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 10:34 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
then you should know that half the people that go in there have no idea what a fuel filter is.

sucks that those azzholes give ALL mechanics a bad name. just not enough honest ones left out there.
They're few and far between. and the funny part is that 90% of the time, the honest ones are the ones that appear shadey at first. They look shadey 'cause they don't have the biggest fanciest shop and the newest tools.... they don't have that stuff 'cause they aren't gouging their customers.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 10:36 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
They're few and far between. and the funny part is that 90% of the time, the honest ones are the ones that appear shadey at first. They look shadey 'cause they don't have the biggest fanciest shop and the newest tools.... they don't have that stuff 'cause they aren't gouging their customers.
This is why you should never judge people by their looks...

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:07 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
amen to that. But statistically everyone does it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
No, in your case you're still a homo, no doubt there

j/k mang

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Ta Moko

My mechanic pretty good but last time I took my 1986 Turbo 4 Runner in to replace my exhaust gasket, redrill a few stripped out studs he overchaged me. So from now on I'll do my own work on my truck.

I've had trouble getting my truck to shift into 4 wheel drive so figured it could'nt hurt to change out the AT fluids. I also changed out the transfer case and that did the trick. Dam truck Is a never ending project but since I'm sellinhg my car Its going to be my main transport. Now all I have to do is take it in the the CA test only station to pass smog, every 2 years I get a notice. 100 b$ for the test is a rip off.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

On the jap trucks I have I do almost all of the work myself. But the two euro cars I have I take them in for service b/c it's such a pain in the ass to work on them. I finally found a benz only mechanic and his price are a little bit less then the dealer and he does honest work. But it still sucks when you need 12 qts of synthetic oil for an oil change, or when an air filter cost $80, or when changing the spark plugs is a $600-800 service. I'd like to say I would never buy a euro car again but my girl is hooked on them, so that leaves me little choice.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 11:35 AM
we meat again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post

j/k mang
All I know it... Rap Racer looks like a straight person from the outside... but inside he's really ghey...

¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
All I know it... Rap Racer looks like a straight person from the outside... but inside he's really ghey...
Stone can tell you how ghey I am

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 12:13 PM
we meat again

Quote:
Stone can tell you how ghey I am
Why? You slept with him?

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Petronas Yamaha?

Quote:
Yeah, an older woman brought her car in. I was taking her home & she would get picked up after the car was done.... anyway she told me, she would have went to precision tune down the street, but they all had long hair! We all were clean cut. Well I didn't have the heart to tell her that I had long hair too, it was just tied up. We were all suppose to have short hair, but I put it up before coming to work and they never said anything about it Really cant have long hair working on cars, would be dangerous and always dragging thru crap on the floor

I think if a shop has good manager & assistant manger, then there will be good people working for them too.......

Quote:
Man, every thread now days get turned gay! WTF is up that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode