Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Top gear bad news.....

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/arti...ND.xml&src=rss

BBC indefinitely postpones Top Gear

LONDON (Reuters) - The BBC is to indefinitely postpone the new series of Top Gear until presenter Richard Hammond has recovered from the brain injuries he suffered in a high-speed crash.
The next series had been due to begin on October 8.
"We would not think of finalising plans for the next series without discussing it with everyone involved," the BBC said in a statement. "When it is suitable, the team will do this and we will announce a new transmission date."

Hammond, 36, was moved from a high dependency ward to a side-room on a general ward at Leeds General Infirmary on Saturday.

"He is continuing to do well," a hospital spokesman told Reuters on Sunday.
Hammond was seriously injured on Wednesday when he crashed a jet-powered dragster as he accelerated towards 300 mph in a feature being filmed for the BBC show.
With the accident being jointly investigated by police and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Top Gear Producer Andy Wilman threatened to quit if the BBC made any attempt to tone down the programme's emphasis on speed and extreme stunts.
"You either do the show you or you walk away," Wilman told The Observer newspaper on Sunday.
Hammond's co-host Jeremy Clarkson also rejected criticism of Top Gear's format.
"Next week I intend to be down on the track driving faster than ever," Clarkson told The Observer. "It's what we do."
Meanwhile Hammond well-wishers have donated over 134,000 pounds to a charity for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, which air-lifted the Top Gear presenter to hospital after Wednesday's crash.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Location: Mineral VA. If you can find it collect your $200 AND PASS GO

I so wish that show was aired here
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You, me and many, many others.....When will they though? Did you see the ones they put on TLC a couple years ago? They were clips from several shows pieced together into one show. They did not have Celebrity in a reasonably priced car, or the news section either. It was primarily car reviews.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 12:34 PM
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
You, me and many, many others.....When will they though? Did you see the ones they put on TLC a couple years ago? They were clips from several shows pieced together into one show. They did not have Celebrity in a reasonably priced car, or the news section either. It was primarily car reviews.
yeah i didn't like it and it was not 16:9 either

there are Top Gear USA rumours too
http://www.finalgear.com/news/2005/12/22/top-gear-usa/
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 12:44 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
The Top Gear telly programme has quietly become a global phenomenon. Recent figures suggested an extraordinary viewership, something in the region of one billon people across the globe. This explains why Jeremy gets mobbed on the streets of Dubai, why Richard Hammond is swooned over by housewives in Auckland and why James May will shortly appear on a series of commemorative stamps in Luxembourg. Probably. Only one country has been strangely resistant to the charms of three blokes cocking about in an old aircraft hangar - the United States of America.
Untill now. Earlier this year, Discovery decided they wanted in on the Top Gear action, starting with 18 repackaged programmes using existing items from TG UK. Accordingly, our pluckly lads spent five days at the Top Gear base recording new studio linkds in a more American-friendly way. Basically, getting Jeremy not to call them fat and stupid. This, however, was a mere entree for Discovery’s main plan: to make thier own version of Top Gear on US soil. Thier own studio, thier own test track, even - since our boys were too busy and anyway James May doesn’y like places that don’t server a decent cup of tea - thier own presenters.
That’s why earlier this eyar a brand new TG USA production team assembleddeep in the Mojave desert to create a pilot show for thier version of Britain’s favourite almost-BAFTA-winning car programmer. And, liker thier idea of what constitues a decent cup of coffee, the American take on Top Gear wasn’t entirely the same as ours. Instead of a shabby hangar and a track built around arifield taxiways, they got a pit garage and a proper circuit. Instead of filling the studio with 200 grunting Subaru drivers, they did without an audience. And instead of The Tall One, The Short One and The Other Oen, they hired three rather different American presenters. Bruno, a professional drag racer with casual tales of crashing at 230mph. John, the super keen jock, blessed with quaint ’sir and m’am’ good manners that only Americans can do. And, Johnny, a former reality show winner with a nice line in wierd humor.
Fortunatly some reference points remained, including Star In A Reasonably Priced Car. But, to set the power laps, there could be no substitue - the Stig was flown to the US and stunned everyone with his blistering pace as he hammered the CLS55, Charger, and Mustang round the circuit.
After two days’ shooting, the show that popped out of the other end was something familiar and yet rather different. For one thing, filming in sunshine gives the show a glossy feel a million miles from another drizzle sodden canter down a runway in Surrey. And shouting “Bring on the Stig” just sounds cooler in an American accent.
If Discovery likes the pilot show, a series will follow in 2006. Then Americans can enjoy a weekly shot of Top Gear, just like the rest of the world.

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is our's gonna be called "Fifth Gear" or is that some show I have never seen before?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 12:51 PM
7c Forever

it's a great show, but Jeremy Clarksons blatant hatred for all things american wears my patients abit thin.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 12:51 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinn View Post
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is our's gonna be called "Fifth Gear" or is that some show I have never seen before?
fifth gear is another show, also british.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 02:19 AM

They have worded things like this apparently as they're don't want to air the series untill Hamster is back on the job and can part take in the live studio sessions (news and cool cars etc. )

Oh and come on Junior, he's not hating on Canadians, he's not being overly censored and he's only voicing his opinion. Free speech. He's also hating on the UK, Norway, France, Italy, Germany and Germans, Japan, and most other places known to man, he's hating on stupid things that annoys him. He's an old British fart but unlike his peers his sense of sarcasm knows no bounds regardless of who you are, who you know and where you come from and that's why so many people love him.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
With Jeremy nothing is sacred, if you don't like it change channels :

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf View Post
He's an old British fart but unlike his peers his sense of sarcasm knows no bounds regardless of who you are, who you know and where you come from and that's why so many people love him.
O it knows bounds.

when was the last time you heard him rag on aston martin over ANYTHING.

November 2nd 2003: Jeremy praises the BMW M3 CSL for being a "stripper" and not having any creature comforts at all, not even a radio, saying it adds to the experience and makes the car faster, talks of how great a bargain the car is because it's 60,000gbp, it ran a 1:28 around their track, which was damp at the time. (weighs 1385kg, sports 360hp, meaning 3.85kg/hp)

May 9th 2004: Jeremy talks up the Lotus Exige because it's a super lightweight car with enough power to give it a good power to weight ratio, with it's wonderfull vvt-i motor with a whopping 190hp (the car weighs 875kg, weight/power of 4.605kg/hp). and how it adds to the experience to not have creature comforts.

Nov. 7th 2004, he rips on the viper all day because it has no creature comforts, no roof, now windows, no power accessories, how it's not really a car, it's crude and vulgar and "barndoor engineered" and how overpriced it is, because it costs a whopping 60,000gbp, and the time it ran around the top gear track? 1:28 in the pouring rain. Viper weighs 1540kG or so and has a conservativly rated 500hp, giving it a weight/power ratio of 3.08kg/hp)

so from this we can conclude.... the slower a car is, the more Jeremy likes it.

I'm surprised you have any patients for him at all FFWF, he is constantly bagging on Norway for no good reason either. A couple of Jeremy's Norway bashing fests that come immediatly to mind where that they don't allow smoking in public buildings, that not everyone speaks fluent english, that they don't alow drinking in public, and my personal favourite.... that it's cold. Ya... that's right... and Englishman ripping on another country about the weather..... I seem to recall my mum telling me some storey involving glass houses and stones....

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
With Jeremy nothing is sacred, if you don't like it change channels :
Oh did I say that he is as fickle with his comments as the situation requires...bums on seats. British and Australian humor is always going to be a caustic, just other parts of the world have to get thicker skin.

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:59 PM

it was on discovery channel before every wednesday at 10pm i think.... One of my favorite shows when it was on

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:24 PM
7c Forever

don't get me wrong, it's a good show and I like it alot, just I dont' pay a whole lot of attention to what Jeremy says, seeing as he's a douche that will never admit anything except an aston and the odd BMW are good cars. If you actually watch the show and check out what he's saying tho you can usually read between the lines.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:47 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I WANT THE AMERICAN VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Oh and come on Junior, he's not hating on Canadians, he's not being overly censored and he's only voicing his opinion. Free speech. He's also hating on the UK, Norway, France, Italy, Germany and Germans, Japan, and most other places known to man, he's hating on stupid things that annoys him. He's an old British fart but unlike his peers his sense of sarcasm knows no bounds regardless of who you are, who you know and where you come from and that's why so many people love him.
RESPECT!!!

| Vale addict
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post

I'm surprised you have any patients for him at all FFWF, he is constantly bagging on Norway for no good reason either. A couple of Jeremy's Norway bashing fests that come immediatly to mind where that they don't allow smoking in public buildings, that not everyone speaks fluent english, that they don't alow drinking in public, and my personal favourite.... that it's cold. Ya... that's right... and Englishman ripping on another country about the weather..... I seem to recall my mum telling me some storey involving glass houses and stones....
1)If he hates it so much how come they've made no less than two specials here just recently, one was the winter olympics the other one the race between Hamster & May on a ferry vs. Clarkson in a car. (you also have to remember that the May in a rally car with Henning Solberg vs. Hammond in a bobsled was a segment made quite some time before and was recycled for the winter olympics special)

2)Why should I care? I'm not a nationalist, if someone doesn't like Norway I don't go on a rampage about unnorwegianism, cry, bitch and whine. It's ok. Taste and opinion is an individual thing.

3)I'm very well familiar with British humor, sarcasm in an artform I practise myself, and I find him completely harmless.

In one of his car reviews he had this to say:
"The verdict, then, on the M-class is pretty much the same as my verdict on Norway. Efficient and good fun, but odd and too expensive."

I can't really say I object to this verdict.

....what was your point again?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
don't get me wrong, it's a good show and I like it alot, just I dont' pay a whole lot of attention to what Jeremy says, seeing as he's a douche that will never admit anything except an aston and the odd BMW are good cars. If you actually watch the show and check out what he's saying tho you can usually read between the lines.
Or you might be reading too much into things, as you seem to get so overly agitated by what they say because their opinions don't tend to agree with yours.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 07:06 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Or you might be reading too much into things, as you seem to get so overly agitated by what they say because their opinions don't tend to agree with yours.
meh, somehow I'll sleep tonight.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode