Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Any Clue?

I changed this tire and wheel today. The couple that owned it said it happened on the freeway. There was nothing inside the tire. We think it was a bullet hole. What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000009.JPG (76.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1000011.JPG (60.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1000010.JPG (57.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1000013.JPG (26.8 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Looks like it might be from a bullet.

Firehawk?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 06:55 PM
my mom says i'm cool

Send a message via AIM to Cheez5000
or a VERY long nail?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

shiny side up, rubber side down
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
the metalparts were what?

Looks like a bullet hole to me.

where do you live Detroit DC or Compton?

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1 View Post
the metalparts were what?

Looks like a bullet hole to me.

where do you live Detroit DC or Compton?
The metal parts were the inside and outside of the rim.

San Francisco, Bay Area, Commiefornia
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 08:10 PM
No Crying Allowed

YEP,looks like a bullet to me for sure.............

From a very powerful gun also..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Ask the Chief

definitely a bullet hole.

maybe a .45

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 11:57 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
if it went thorugh the rim ya bullet hole... crazy!!!!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Advanced Member

take another pic of it with something to give it scale. I don't think a .45 would penetrate an alloy rim. too fat and slow to do that. Maybe a stamped steel rim but not alloy.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:59 AM
I love em round

Send a message via AIM to Steve05R1
at least a 45....

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Ask the Chief

dunno...seen a .45 do some pretty serious damage at fairly close range. and...it looks like a larger hole, hence, my guess on the size of the round.

if this shot was a little farther off, i'd say it was a rifle round...something that could keep up the velocity and still do damage.

here's what a 7.62 (30-06) round does to a steel post from 400 yards away. (not a bad shot from a moving helo, eh? )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00018.jpg (42.8 KB, 2 views)

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 10:47 AM
we meat again

What was your friend running away from? :1poke

¤ più forte non si può . WLF viva la figa
¤ In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time... Last year I was sorry that
after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. ~ The Doctor '08
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
dunno...seen a .45 do some pretty serious damage at fairly close range. and...it looks like a larger hole, hence, my guess on the size of the round.

if this shot was a little farther off, i'd say it was a rifle round...something that could keep up the velocity and still do damage.

here's what a 7.62 (30-06) round does to a steel post from 400 yards away. (not a bad shot from a moving helo, eh? )
Thats a damn good shot moving! The hole in the rim was smaller than a .45, my guess would be somewhere in the .30 cal range. I'll get a pic of it along with some bullets for a comparo on monday if the rim is still at the shop.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
...........here's what a 7.62 (30-06) round does to a steel post from 400 yards away. (not a bad shot from a moving helo, eh? )
Naughty Mark, miniguns don't count :gun :gun :gun

j/k bud :

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Ask the Chief

unfortunately, wasn't the minigun....

was an M-240D

spent a little time with a .50 cal sniper rifle....dead on from 400 yards away...awesome toy

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
unfortunately, wasn't the minigun....

was an M-240D

spent a little time with a .50 cal sniper rifle....dead on from 400 yards away...awesome toy
Nice Mark, my apologies, a slightly smaller rate of fire with the M-240D
...I have always wanted to shoot a .50 Barrett (?) Sniper Rifle...may get the chance in a few months when EOD come out to do some disposals....and I will take pics...

EDIT: Don't know if you know of this book Mark ? Ultimate Sniper

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 10-08-2006 at 02:39 AM.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Ask the Chief

no i didn't know of it. i'll have to check it out!

yep, we usually run the gas plugs on '2'...middle of the road. makes her run about 750-800 RPM. far cry from the 4000 RPM the GAU is capable of....

did a little sniper work at san clemente island (off camp pen) back in May. they had random targets set up around 'combat town', in the form of orange painted coffee cans. junior guys were getting their quals up, so they had a little extra ammo. once they got done, i got to slide up in the door and take a few shots. 6 shots....5 hits . of course, we shot from a hover, but that helo still shakes like a bitch.

that was WAAAY too much fun.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:48 PM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
I had a Barrett

fun

but highly impractical....

had nothing byt a hard time finding someplace to shoot it.

sold it and got an AR-10 instead.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Who the hell is shooting at you? did you piss the ol lady off or somthing?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode