Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Future Lottery Winner

Send a message via MSN to Belgium
Head is being hunted

Been contacted several times by a very persistent headhunter... Apparently there is some interest in me for heading up the european branch of professional services for a major networking company.

Decisions decisions..... If they double my pay they can get me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:45 AM
7c Forever

jeez dude, how about some more info? would you have to move? how much more are they offering you? what's job security looking like?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Future Lottery Winner

They're offering about 60% more. Health insurance, pension plan, company car an all that good extra stuff is on par with my current employer.

Wouldn't have to move as I would be leading a team dispersed all over Europe, Middle East and Africa, meaning 30% travel and the rest working from home.

Job security looks OK, but when can you really be secure about a job ? For all I know my current employer could fire me tomorrow... Let's just say it's a very secure company in the networking sector, one that's not about to go away any time soon.

Stock option package is Yummy, more than enough to offset the stock options I have to leave behind at Cisco...

On the other hand, it would be a step down from Cisco, and Cisco is poised to profit handsomely from Internet 2.0 throug their Scientific Atlanta purchase...

I have an 8-year reputation in Cisco and ties to all the major players in the company...Not sure if I want to start from scratch again.

Although it would be a challenge to do something completely new..

Having a hard time coming to a decision...

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Rookie again

60% more pay VS 8yrs with the company you're with now? Hmmmmm. I'd stay with what you got. Like you said, networking isn't going away anytime soon.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:50 AM
No Crying Allowed

Sounds like a big decision...... Think carefully....

Good luck either way though....

Starting over in a company is a big step........

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

tell your current employer that you are being sought after by another company. Give them the chance to make your current situation better. Maybe they won't match it but if they can get you closer then you'd make more and keep all your current perks.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 09:56 AM
der Ubermember

Send a message via AIM to R1Budha Send a message via MSN to R1Budha Send a message via Yahoo to R1Budha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
tell your current employer that you are being sought after by another company. Give them the chance to make your current situation better. Maybe they won't match it but if they can get you closer then you'd make more and keep all your current perks.
or they could just make the decision for you as they can then replace you on their schedule....not yours....

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Future Lottery Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post
or they could just make the decision for you as they can then replace you on their schedule....not yours....

Yes...that's also what I was thinking. Have seen too many "old-timers" being asked to train a rookie, only then to be replaced by the younger (and cheaper) rookie....

I'm between a rock and a hard place.....

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:16 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
and you are building a new house you have your side business..

do you want to move? and can you still do the things you love to do, like change poopy diapers and chase 3 kids around the house?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post
ok, so what....so they fire you. You already have a new job lined up. That would be pretty shitty of them to fire him for looking at other employment. If that's the kind of company is Cisco is then you don't want to work for them anyway.....?????

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Sounds like a big decision...... Think carefully....

Good luck either way though....

Starting over in a company is a big step........
:imwst

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
ok, so what....so they fire you. You already have a new job lined up. That would be pretty shitty of them to fire him for looking at other employment. If that's the kind of company is Cisco is then you don't want to work for them anyway.....?????

They wouldnt do it right away....it would be down the line when said offer was off the table...
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Think family first, than money.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Most of the time

IF they give you a corporate motorcycle along with the corporate car you should take it.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump1979man View Post
They wouldnt do it right away....it would be down the line when said offer was off the table...
So you give them a time frame to act. Don't play games with the fuckers and don't let them play you. MAKE the deal happen your way. The ball is in your court.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04R1Belgium View Post
Yes...that's also what I was thinking. Have seen too many "old-timers" being asked to train a rookie, only then to be replaced by the younger (and cheaper) rookie....

I'm between a rock and a hard place.....

True! :imwst I trained 3 of my managers, yet i was never good enough for that position :gun In my company it was all about who you knew and not talent. If you seen this going on in your company 04R1belgium then it might happen to you too. I would go where the money was, but thats just me. Can the other company offer you a higher position/title? At least this way if something happens, it would look more impressive on your resume.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode