Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Random Sample

CO locals... please explain...

"Republic of Boulder"

Why is that funny?

I'm too lazy to google it.. even still, i don't think i'd get the same answer as the "breakroom talk"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statik View Post
"Republic of Boulder"

Why is that funny?

I'm too lazy to google it.. even still, i don't think i'd get the same answer as the "breakroom talk"

Boulder is like it's own little country here in Colorado...

Basically they are just wacked out people that live and govern the place so people here call it "Rebublic of Boulder" also "1000 sq Miles, Surrounded by Reality" and some others.

Boulder is a funky city so we like to make fun of it and people who live there like 2000750..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Send a message via AIM to 2000750
Rinn is correct. I am thankful to consider myself a Non-Boulderite though.

I just happen to live there.

There's a bar here named that too.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Random Sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000750 View Post

A bar named Republic of Boulder?

I always thought you were a wierd guy... explains a lot now. :

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:10 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000750 View Post

Saturday you coming to my halloween party???

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:17 PM

Location: Mineral VA. If you can find it collect your $200 AND PASS GO

So have they rounded up all the pit bulls and german shepards yet?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:20 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA View Post
So have they rounded up all the pit bulls and german shepards yet?

only pit bulls... Illegal in Boulder, Denver, Parker, Aurora.. and I think others

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:30 PM

I think its stupid. Ive been bitten by more gentle dogs than "mean" ones. I even kicked a Jack Russel after he bit me delivering Dominoes. Little bastard
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
don't read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA View Post
I think its stupid. Ive been bitten by more gentle dogs than "mean" ones. I even kicked a Jack Russel after he bit me delivering Dominoes. Little bastard
I had a neighbor that had an Bit bull.. nicest damn dog on the planet... when he would run at you he looked mean but he would just drool and lick you.. it's all on how you raise the dog.. true they are tuff dogs but take time to train them and they are good

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:38 PM

Unless trained to be mean pits are awesome dogs.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Send a message via AIM to 2000750
Oh Dragula...don't even get me started on the Pitt Bull Bans! I can't fuckin stand that shit! It's the most ridiculous thing on the planet!

Rinn - I don't know man...my Dads coming up to my house this weekend. I'm playing everything by ear.

Hey Statik...just because there's a bar named the republic of Boulder doesn't mean I go there! hahah I just walk buy it on the way to all the good ones!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 02:54 PM

By Guzzler on DCSB.NET

this if that matters to you******

This has been all over the national news stations this week, but for those of you unaware of it, The city of Denver passed a law in 1998 to ban all Pit Bulls from that city. Finding this illegal profiling, and unconstitutional, the state of Colorado sued the city of Denver and a temporary stay was issued. Recently a judge ruled that the law was fine and the round up and mass killing of Pit bulls, many family pets, has begun. Yes...In America. The same country that is fighting a war in foreign lands to teach people about FREEDOM!

Why am I so outraged? Here's why..... Statistics show, Pit bulls, Rottweilers, and German Shepards to be animals of high risk & danger. Niave politicitions read these biased reports and have taken this too far!! I have two of the most Beautiful German Shepards that have never harmed anybody. Many of you have met and played with them. (They even liked Boomchic, and she has a German Shepard Phobia). Should we kill them because a report says that they are one of the top 3 most dangerous breed of dog? Please. My dogs are highly trained. They have been to two different schools.

The point I am trying to make here is this: All to often the elected officials that we put in office are NOT doing what the public asks of them. The recent Terri Schiebel case should have opened our eyes to that. So if you don't think things like this can happen to you....You may just be wrong.

Please stay in touch folks. Please get involved. Please VOTE! It makes a HUGE difference.

Ever read Fahrenheit 451 ?

It isn't such a strange impossiblity anymore.......is it?

Here is an article from a Denver paper:

It has to be one of the dumbest laws, ever. And I don't even own or like pit bulls. It's nothing personal, only that I'd never keep any animal that eats as much or more than I do.

Still, I can weep for the pit bulls of Denver, particularly for the puppies that never did anything other than get born into the breed.

Yet here we have the city of Denver, newly sprung from legislative and judicial restraint, rounding up pits over the past couple of days and killing them like rats during The Plague.

A uniformed officer arrives at a home. "I'll get him," she announces to her partner. Rather than fight it all, a distraught man emerges, weighs going to jail and a fine, and in the end hands over his dog.

"I'm definitely sad," he later tells a reporter. "He's like a member of my family."

Later in the day, a woman pleads: "I don't have no dogs!

"There ain't no dogs in the basement!" she yells as the uniformed man and woman, responding to an informant's report of a pit bull, interrogate her. Outside, squad cars filled with police officers wait to see if they are needed.

"I'm just doing my job," the woman officer later laments.

It has been eight years since I last had a dog, God rest him. And the one thing I truly know is I would have never given him over to the dogcatcher to be killed simply because he was a beagle.

I would hardly care if a judge in the city where I lived said it was the rule and the law. Yet this has been happening since Monday in Denver, when a state law prohibiting bans of "breed-specific" dogs was overturned and the city's moratorium on pit bull confiscation and killing was lifted.

And no one much is saying a thing.

It is why we need to speak with William Suro. He is a veterinarian of 45 years, who in 1988 started the MaxFund, a nonprofit that provides medical care for injured animals with no known owners, which seeks new homes for them.

It is a shelter that has never killed a single dog.

Bill Suro, 69, for years has wrangled with Denver in the courts of legal and public opinion over the ban, passed in the wake of the pit bull killing of a young child.

"Unfair. Stupid," Bill Suro says of this week's roundup. "It remains an emotional response to a terrible thing that happened, but one that doesn't really help those hurt or killed by vicious dogs."

Bill Suro is a blunt-spoken and uncompromising defender of animals, and a man who believes in harsh punishment for those who abuse and kill them.

He has in recent hours counseled numerous terrier owners, given the shock of their lives simply because their pets resemble pits and were threatened with euthanasia. Denver animal control authorities acknowledge receiving and being sent on numerous "could be a pit bull" calls.

"It makes me and every animal lover and organization across this country just sick," he said. "It's crazy."

He and his wife, Nanci, over the past few months have emptied MaxFund of every pit bull they once housed, shipping them to like-minded shelters outside of Denver.

He puts the number at close to 20 pit bulls. Some owners, too, have come to MaxFund, only to be turned away. He and Nanci, he said, have done all they could.

"We would absolutely love to be the Underground Railroad for pit bulls, but we know the city would close us down."

Yes, I tell him, but aren't pit bulls actually the human flesh-ripping monsters they are portrayed to be?

Bill Suro snickers at my naivete.

"I've been a veterinarian for 45 years, and I've never once been attacked or bitten by a pit bull. There are other breeds where I have gone into an examination room and really been on my guard. I will not tell you which, but they scare me."

Cities like Denver, he says, whip up pit bull hysteria. And that is all it is, he said. People now all believe every pit bull "is a coiled and snarling attacker. It's nonsense."

Cities, he said, would be much better served if they took a simple look at canine attacks from recent years.

"Eighty percent all fatal attacks in the U.S. are caused by male dogs. I guess, given this, it would be prudent to now ban all breeds of male dogs."

Denver, he said, does not at the same time send dogcatchers to cite owners of non-neutered dogs,

"It should know there have been fatal attacks in the U.S. by Pomeranians, that half a dozen attacks that caused death or serious injuries were by cocker spaniels."

And then he raises an issue I had not contemplated, and which I do not lend much credence to. But I will give him his say because it matches what has happened the last two days in the city:

"There appears a racial end of this," Bill Suro says.

"Look at the dogs that have been impounded, and the surnames of their owners. . . . They aren't killing dogs from Cherry Creek. They pick on the easiest people to pick on, the ones who give up easiest," he said, adding that he has forwarded this claim to the American Civil Liberties Union.

What happens, I ask, when all of the Denver pit bulls have been rounded up and put down?

He would not want to be a Malamute, he said.

A male Malamute attacked and killed a 7-year-old girl in Fruita last Saturday night.

"It is not the breed," an unsmiling Bill Suro said.

Thank You for taking the time to read this and letting me vent!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 12:13 PM

Guzz is the man
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 12:27 PM
don't read this

it's not the breed it's how it's raised and peopel are idiots and don't train their dogs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode