Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

rates are dropping...

anyone watching the market this morning? 10 year treasuries are down 3 basis points, I think this is the beginning of the end for those who were using CD's as short term investment opportunities, and getting a nice high yield of 5.30% or more....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

guess nobody cares lol

working in finance, this was big for us today lmao

"well Mr Jones, you certainly could roll your CD over into a 9 month promo, but once you take into account capital gains and inflation you are barely breaking even.... not to mention 9 months from now these yields won't even be available..."

lol

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:16 PM

you realize this also means billions of dollars just dropped of the national debt too......

of course no one really cares except the politicians
who really only care because they can spout crap out of their pie-hole about it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Ask the Chief

sure wish i understood finances better (ie, stock market, investing, house buying, ect)....

don't understand much of it. probably NOT a very good thing...

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post
you realize this also means billions of dollars just dropped of the national debt too......

of course no one really cares except the politicians
who really only care because they can spout crap out of their pie-hole about it.

they only care when it is convenient for their party line.....fucking politicians "Hi, I'm <insert asshole> and i approved this message"

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
sure wish i understood finances better (ie, stock market, investing, house buying, ect)....

don't understand much of it. probably NOT a very good thing...
mark,
as long as you are doing something for your retirement (IRA, ROTH IRA, 401K), you need not worry...

you dont want to be that 70 year old standing in the door saying "welcome to walmart"

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 06:09 PM

Mark,
I'm with you I've been trying to learn this year from my dad as he's always done pretty well but I just get more confused...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode