Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Do you ever get bored with food??

Just what it says.

I cook all the time, and try to stay diverse and not to eat out too much, but lately, its just become like I don't even care what I eat.

I don't spend tons on food, but i do eat a variety of things, but I just feel like I'm getting to a point of "yeah, had that....next" and there really hasn't been anything I want to cook.

I'm just wondering if others reach this point?

almost thinking maybe I should go for a month or two eating simple things like sandwiches and basic dishes just to see if it makes a difference.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Ask the Chief

i TOTALLY agree.

seems my wife and i get into ruts sometimes. i really want to learn to make more complex meals, but i never have every ingredient for some of the recipes i see. patience is a factor too...with the kids, i just want to get food on the table and not spend hours prepping dinner.

worst part is...the wife is a creature of habit. she'd be happy if we had chili dogs, tuna helper, soup and cereal everyday. kills me sometimes.

loved that jumbalya thread you posted recently, budha...awesome prep and looked tasty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 02:08 PM
phil-osepher

I get bored with it sometimes....especially eating out. We sometimes eat out every day, for like weeks....it gets disgusting after a while and starts to taste the same. Then, we'll make an effort to cook at home, and we'll go out and spend like $250 on groceries. We'll cook for a few days, then get lazy, and after a few weeks most of the food gets tossed. It is a never-ending cycle...

I could eat rice just about every day though, and never get tired of it. I like rice and tuna, rice with sausage, beef, chicken.....

Like you guys, we do try to break up the type of food we eat. Chinese one night, then cook traditional at home, then mexican.

The other day, we went to this place called Boston Market. It was like home cooked food, chicken and cornbread, yams, greens etc... It was cheap, and SOOO good.

It's funny, there are probably 100 places to eat within a 5 mile radius, and we get stuck on where to go. Last night was TGI-Fridays, and I left disappointed. Not sure what I was expecting.

Bottom line, I guess we are all fortunate. Some people would kill to have these "problems." lol

Mike, you just need to watch more Molto Mario, lots of good ideas on that show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 02:21 PM
No Crying Allowed

Yes, I think everyone get's there sooner or later..... My wife does most of the cooking and she is in this slump now.... so ya we have been eating out alot the past few weeks.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Ta Moko

you just need to go live out of a backpack for a month and you will relish food again. Take a hike In Yosemite or Utah, you can find some pretty remote places. After 3 weeks of eating freeze dried foods and rice I bet just about any food will seem alright.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
My wife is awesome cook. We eat out very rearly.

In the summer time is when I like to cook on the BBQ

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Nomad View Post
you just need to go live out of a backpack for a month and you will relish food again. Take a hike In Yosemite or Utah, you can find some pretty remote places. After 3 weeks of eating freeze dried foods and rice I bet just about any food will seem alright.
yes...of course....how realistic........

(btw, i spent two weeks passing a survival course in the Navy....that would be living it up in comparison)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
^ Well your are at it, why don't you sail the globe with 8ft sail boat, with minimal food in it. (You know for realism)

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 05:06 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
This happens all the time to me. I do the cooking and try not to repeat a recipe for at least a month and a half if I can. It gets hard to come up with news stuff all the time. I must have a couple dozen cookbooks, and tried almost every recipe in them. Gets mighty expensive, buying some ingredients.

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 06:59 PM

You guys should seriously try going on a strict diet. No processed, refined, sweetened foods. Just fruits, veggies, meats. Then every week pick 1 day and give yourself a 1 hour cheat window.

You have no idea how good food can really be until you do this. It is really fun actually Its kind of how I imagine taking heroin. You're freaking out all week and crabby and then you take that first bite and ahhhhhhh nothing else matters.

try it for 1 week its fun.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE View Post
You guys should seriously try going on a strict diet. No processed, refined, sweetened foods. Just fruits, veggies, meats. Then every week pick 1 day and give yourself a 1 hour cheat window.

You have no idea how good food can really be until you do this. It is really fun actually Its kind of how I imagine taking heroin. You're freaking out all week and crabby and then you take that first bite and ahhhhhhh nothing else matters.

yes...of course....how realistic........

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
^ Well your are at it, why don't you sail the globe with 8ft sail boat, with minimal food in it. (You know for realism)

and buy a volleyball named 'wilson'....

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
and buy a volleyball named 'wilson'....
Or stop In Fiji and pick up a couple of Sheila's

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE View Post

Uhmmmm......

No. I wanna be high all the time
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Pinky

i think everyone has this problem. i don't care how diverse of crap i pull out of my ass to cook or of neat places to go out to eat at i still get bored.

one thing i've tried before is doing liquid diets for a week- kind of like what stone said. except it's just liquids. i'll do carnation instant breakfasts, diet coke, diet dew, crystal light etc till i'm blue in the face. then i go back to the regular food.

the only problem is doing this when you have a family. cooking food sucks when you're doing the liquids and you're trying to figure out meals for everyone else. if you can get around that- it seems to work.

oh, and when this fails- i've been doing the "Let's Dish" thing... where you go to the place and make your dishes you chose off the website. this has helped with the boredom, too and it's super convenient because even if it's just you eating or you and your woman you can divide the regular meals into smaller containers at the store for no extra charge.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
try eating the same thing everyday.

1. 2 eggs over easy, 1pc wheat toast
2. veggie salad
3. 1/2 chicken breast, vegetables (spinach, green beans, brocolli, etc)

but every sunday i go wild and eat whatever i want for dinner. like stone said.. i definately look forward to and enjoy that meal.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
i cant get bored with food...otherwise id be dead hahaa jk. Nah not me, I just make things tough on what i want to eat. Im picky. I love spices and stuff thrown in mine, gotta love the Korean side of me.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:38 PM

you're all a bunch of poops

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode