Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

How much does being married benefit your insurance premium?

My insurance was pretty bad forcing me to sell my s2000 which I miss dearly but now I've had 2 tickets fall off my record and I'm over 25 now and I'm anticipating how much my insurance will drop after I'm married? I really really want a new STi.

Anyone know? a rough estimate is fine.

I have USAA as my provider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 06:21 PM
FAsT BOYS

stephs dad sells farmers you want his number?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I'll get it from you when we head down. I'm in no rush but farmers is supposed to be pretty good.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 07:44 PM
phil-osepher

I have USAA, getting married didn't impact my premium that much...minimal savings I think. A few bucks here and there, nothing like half price or anything

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 08:04 PM
No Crying Allowed

Well for me in California with State Farm..... it didnt' do a thing to my rates. I thought it would have and was hoping for a discount but it didnt' happen.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

I havent seen anything help me for insurance! Fookers......
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

well you all are a bunch of poos. Dangit.. I was all excited when i turned 25 for the huge drop everyone had told me about.. it was about $40 per 6 months... Having a car stolen and then being in an accident (even though not my fault and other person was ticketed) has screwed my insurance up big time... dangit.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:36 PM
phil-osepher

yea, even if someone HITS YOU, and their ins pays, and THEY are totally at fault, it can still impact your premium. Ridiculous....

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 04:53 PM

getting married, turning 25, pretty much anything anymore with the exception of simply being a good driver does very little to your insurance.

blame poor driving soccor moms in SUV's and people reporting every little thing and trying to screw the insurance companies.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 07:01 AM
Pinky

I have had state farm for as long as I've been driving. I now have 4 cars, (one has as weird policy because of the licence plate on it or something. '68 442 with funny MN plates that states you can drive x days a year. ) 5 motorcycles insured, as well as renters insurance and a horrible record and I'm only paying 160 a month for all of the above with a 500 deductible. Prior to this month I had 2 cars and 2 bikes insured and renters and I was paying 100 flat. I don't know if that helps you out much... but being married pays off.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
I have had state farm for as long as I've been driving. I now have 4 cars, (one has as weird policy because of the licence plate on it or something. '68 442 with funny MN plates that states you can drive x days a year. ) 5 motorcycles insured, as well as renters insurance and a horrible record and I'm only paying 160 a month for all of the above with a 500 deductible. Prior to this month I had 2 cars and 2 bikes insured and renters and I was paying 100 flat. I don't know if that helps you out much... but being married pays off.
I hate you... I pay $550 for the year on my motard and $600 a year for the cheapest car I could find with my insurance a dumb little chevy envoy (no offense if anyone has one).
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:13 PM
FAsT BOYS

youve offended me i love my envoy. haha
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
phil-osepher

i can see now this is going to turn into a "look how much I pay for my ins" thread... lol

If that is where we are going, I pay about $325 per month for all my vehicles. (2 cars, 2 bikes) About $4000 per year. The cost of doing business.

Chevy makes the trailblazer, GMC makes the Envoy

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:25 AM
Pinky

I really do think that staying with one insurance company for a long time has paid off as both of us have been with State Farm since driving age. Also, having multiple line policies really gave us a HUGE discount.

Do your research and stick with a company.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:29 AM
phil-osepher

that is true ^^

I've been with USAA since 1995, and my rates would be double what I pay if I went somewhere new. I'm still paying for sins of the past, young dumb, and stupid...

Oh well

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:34 AM
No Crying Allowed

I have been with State Farm for about 12 years..... I'm paying more than I could elswehere but I feel better having all the policies at one place.

3 Vehicals
1 House
1 Boat
1 Motorcycle

Total for the year is about 5k a year, but comparing this is a little hard as different vehicals & homes will vary a lot in price.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Kneedragger does USAA still cover your bikes? they cover my dads but they wont do mine anymore they pimped me out to progressive. They wont give us a straight story anymore. They used to do my hayabusa and my tahoe for $600 a year. Then my stupid tahoe got snaked.

whoever said chevy makes trailblazer gmc envoy. sthu haha.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 10:50 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONE View Post
Kneedragger does USAA still cover your bikes? they cover my dads but they wont do mine anymore they pimped me out to progressive. They wont give us a straight story anymore. They used to do my hayabusa and my tahoe for $600 a year. Then my stupid tahoe got snaked.

whoever said chevy makes trailblazer gmc envoy. sthu haha.
usaa covered any bikes I had with them before they outsourced their coverage to progressive. Now if you contact them about new bikes, you go with progressive drive ins....

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

yeah thats what they told me but they covered my dad's new ducati with no questions asked.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:49 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
wish marriage helped more also stone i'll be there also soon...july 14th it looks like

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode