Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Future Lottery Winner

Send a message via MSN to Belgium
Lights.

Just had a meeting with the lady doing the lights in our new house. We had a study done for interior and exterior lighting to have the best possible atmosphere and lighting.

We saw all the fittings and lamps and they were all very nice.

Does anyone think 22,000US$ for lights is being a tad excessive ?

I do have the beautiful LED lighting throughout the house, and also blue LED lighting on the driveway and all...looks tits...but...

Still feels like a lot of $$$, no ?

Oh well, it's only money right.

On to the next part of the house...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:26 PM
No Crying Allowed

It all depends on what you are getting...

In general it's hard to answer this question unless we know all the details... and I know that would be difficult. So I recommend getting a few different quotes to make sure you are getting what you pay for.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Mr.BlackBerry

Send a message via MSN to eveR1ast Send a message via Yahoo to eveR1ast
I'm all about lighting in a house. Not only does it set it apart from the run-of-the-mill home, but it can really make the environment alot more welcoming, relaxing, etc etc. Unless it's a necessity, I hate direct lighting, I'd much rather be creative with it.

That being said 22k is a lot of cash, but if it's the difference between building a new house, and loving your new home, I say go for it. (we all know you can afford it...)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 06:01 PM
7c Forever

can't put a price on good lighting. direct lighting as anything except task lighting f*cking sucks

that said, when I'm working on something small, I'm quitehappy to have a million candlepower light directly over my shoulder. guess you gotta find a compromise somewhere.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 07:35 PM
phil-osepher

if it is tits, and going to be in your home forever, I say go for it. Probably worth it, as big money gets you nice results for the most part.

we have friends that spent over 100k on some interior designer chick to help decorate their new home. The end result was very nice though...

Post pics of your home in progress!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Future Lottery Winner

Send a message via MSN to Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
if it is tits, and going to be in your home forever, I say go for it. Probably worth it, as big money gets you nice results for the most part.

we have friends that spent over 100k on some interior designer chick to help decorate their new home. The end result was very nice though...

Post pics of your home in progress!
Will do ! Construction starts in december... I can hardly wait.

And yes, as you guys said, the "mood" of the house is controlled by the lighting, and the more indirect lighting the better... I'm going for it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode