Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

How does photo radar work.

Junior comments in the shout box made me wonder how those photo radar things work. What I mean is if you are one mph/kph over the limit, do they cite you? O r is there a buffer zone?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 01:44 PM
7c Forever

no buffer zone, they'll set the van up, it takes a picture if you're above the speed limit and they mail you a ticket. no points off your license in Canada tho, since they can't actually prove it was you driving the car, and the fines are about half what they would normally be. this one was only $50.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:18 PM
7c Forever

yea you get caught with that shit and you WILL lose your license, period. and they impound the car too. I'm gonna invest in a radar detector tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
yea you get caught with that shit and you WILL lose your license, period. and they impound the car too.
Really ????? Ha, thats

But, that statement brings back memories
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
It works by taking a picture of you

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
7c Forever

yea memories alrite, someday I'll tell you guys about the time I was pulled over by 5 cruisers at gunpoint.

Biga, what's the deal man, I thought they got rid of these things back in the 90's? you seen any up there in that last couple years?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
The last I heard the Harris Tories sold all the photo radar equipment to BC.

Quote:
Biga, what's the deal man, I thought they got rid of these things back in the 90's? you seen any up there in that last couple years?

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 03:55 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post
The last I heard the Harris Tories sold all the photo radar equipment to BC.
ya, that was the impression I was under.

keep your eyes out. I don't remember it at all, was prolly a van parked in a parking lot, or maybe on an overpass, all it says is hwy 86, which is the inter city highway for waterloo, coulda been just about anywhere, there's prolly 10 overpasses and it could been on any one of them, or on a highway, shit, coulda been a "broken down" car on the side of the road.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
yea you get caught with that shit and you WILL lose your license, period. and they impound the car too. I'm gonna invest in a radar detector tho.
In my personal experience, radar detectors only inform you you are about to get a ticket.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 05:45 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
In my personal experience, radar detectors only inform you you are about to get a ticket.
ya, my dad used to have one, I remember hiding it in my school bag quite a number of times. Which means that he got the ticket anyways those times.

I should do it like I used to when I was a kid. They wont go over 140kph to chase you, so just go 160 everywhere and you're fine.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
yea memories alrite, someday I'll tell you guys about the time I was pulled over by 5 cruisers at gunpoint.
Been there, done that.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
The buffer is a MYTH!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Hopper in 08

We have Photo Radar all over the place here. There are Red Light cameras at many intersections with speed sensors, mobile vans that hide in the bushes, cameras on poles on roads AND the Freeway. They don't ticket you unless you're more than 10 mph over the limit here. Fines are identical to hand written tickets.

At first I hated it - but then you quickly realize where they're set up and where the vans hide. It really does help slow traffic down through certain areas and frees the police up to do other things.

Just my $0.02... You could argue on it's pros & cons all day.

2006 999s Sold... Bikeless MoFo !
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 10:07 AM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
all over here too. 3 tickets in the last 5 months. all +20km/h

60 euros each :/
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScorpion View Post
We have Photo Radar all over the place here. There are Red Light cameras at many intersections with speed sensors, mobile vans that hide in the bushes, cameras on poles on roads AND the Freeway. They don't ticket you unless you're more than 10 mph over the limit here. Fines are identical to hand written tickets.

At first I hated it - but then you quickly realize where they're set up and where the vans hide. It really does help slow traffic down through certain areas and frees the police up to do other things.

Just my $0.02... You could argue on it's pros & cons all day.
That was a nice objective statment.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Ask the Chief

here in san diego, they had a few areas that the cameras were calibrated to hit motorists at a mph or two UNDER the limit, and were mailing tickets out to totally innocent citizens. that didn't last too long till someone took it to court.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Since I got mine three months ago, its Texas Troopers 0, detector 3. It's saved me three times already. Of course, just last Sunday a guy we ride with that uses one still got a ticket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode