Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
my 04 R1.05

I call it that cause its 1050 cc's now

So today I got back my 04R1 from a run we had months ago and I hurt the motor from squeasing the NOS for over a minuite.

I first of all would like to thank Bart and the folks at TK motorsports www.tk-motorsports.com for all their help and patience with me.

The result was a 2mm overbore forged pistions. They also installed my H.I.D. headlamps thatI got in the mail the day after my ummmmm mishap.

Also the result was a serious increase in power and torque. I have been riding all summer my wifes 03 CBR600rr. And NOW this monster. This thing is so freaking fast and torquey I am scared of it for the moment. All I can say is this thing is a monster now! PEROID!

Before I couldnt bring it up in 1st gear w/o clutching it and now all I have to do it just hit the thorttle hard and BOOM front tire in the air.

The funny thing is that on my way home I was in the roundabouts that I ALWAYS ride hard and drag the knee and I was comming around to do it again I saw this state trooper and I was being easy and I saw him coming and he hit his lights and pointed at me? So I pulled over and he came up to me while I was taking of my Shoei and he said 30! 30 is the speed limit in these round abouts and he said that he didnt clock me but knew that if I was leaned over that far and whipping through the curves that I was not doing 30 mph. LOL and then he told me nice bike! hahahhahah So I told him that my bike was in the shop all summer and I just got it back and was just excited! So he took my licence and came back to me and looked at me smiling and I smiled and just said I will slow it down! HAhahahahh

So I have my baby back and am glad and scared and am ready to ride it again and again and again and get use to the power.

Enjoy the pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02773 copy.JPG (71.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02775 copy.JPG (34.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02776 copy.JPG (38.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02780 copy.JPG (38.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02783 copy.JPG (38.2 KB, 3 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

as soon as I start it up I notice that the exhaust note has a much deeper sound and the motor is much louder(racket) but they say its ok it will always be louder due to the pistions they installed. unfortunetly the motor sounds like a broke in gsxr so it is that kind of noise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 05:18 PM
I dont inhale

sweet man, yea when my wife had the r6 I rode it for a week back and forth to school. When I got back on the 1 I was like holy crap

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

holy crap nuttin try a big bore kit fitted R1

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

[MEDIA]

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 06:32 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
uh oh!!!! Beavis is back on the road again...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Beavis

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Sounds good Beav!

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
beavis you going to run nitrous on the new bike?

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Future Lottery Winner

Send a message via MSN to Belgium
You may want to open your garage door while you have the bike running inside

Looks and sounds great bro

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Ask the Chief

i'm looking a doing a little engine work eventually...what did this run you?

corey's been trying to get me to call Lee's, but i just haven't done it yet.

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
mark he bult my r1 and it pulled like a banshee with only 1mm over. doing 2mm over would be insane! less is going to get my k7 i think also, but just for headwork. hoping for 180ish on head work alone. rwhp. in a mo or two we'll know if it's possible hehe

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Blockhead

Send a message via Yahoo to blockhead
Hey I just bottled up my R1 with a dry 30 kit what can I expect?
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
Hey I just bottled up my R1 with a dry 30 kit what can I expect?
A BONER!

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
i'm looking a doing a little engine work eventually...what did this run you?

corey's been trying to get me to call Lee's, but i just haven't done it yet.
Mine was 1800 BUT it was a lot of time involved and trying different things to find the MAIN problem(gouged cylinders and melted pistions(slightly)) so they couldnt see it at first and that was why when it was cold it was fine and when it armed up then there was 30psi of compression leaks in #3&#4 cylinders.

And for thoes NOOB's here it is at the bike show last november.:corn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bikeshow2_006copy.JPG (105.5 KB, 7 views)

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1 View Post
I call it that cause its 1050 cc's now
Hey, so now theres an R1 thats actually 1000cc's, none of those baby 998's posing as 1000's

Cool you got your bike back! Video looks & sounds good
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 02:13 PM
The Reckless driver

Send a message via AIM to motojustin4 Send a message via Yahoo to motojustin4
Looking good!!! Glad you got to get it back finally!!! How bout not as much nos this time. HAHAHAHHA

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Rookie again

"Before I couldnt bring it up in 1st gear w/o clutching it and now all I have to do it just hit the thorttle hard and BOOM front tire in the air."
That seems strange to me. Do you think there was something wrong with the motor when you bought it? I never had a problem lifting the wheel in 1st or 2nd w/o the clutch.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
FAsT BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1 View Post
"Before I couldnt bring it up in 1st gear w/o clutching it and now all I have to do it just hit the thorttle hard and BOOM front tire in the air."
That seems strange to me. Do you think there was something wrong with the motor when you bought it? I never had a problem lifting the wheel in 1st or 2nd w/o the clutch.
thats what i thought. with my system and pc it was coming up on the track at pahrump in 3rd no clutch
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Random Sample

Looks good Beavis. Mufasa!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode