Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Titanic Watches

Reading this on yahoo news they are offering REAL Titanic watches made from the steel brought uf fron the Titanic wreck from 1912. Prices rage from $7800-$173,100. And I thought my Movado's cost a lot.

Neat and interesting but OMG thats a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$
Attached Images
File Type: jpg titanic watch.jpg (52.1 KB, 21 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Rookie again

Damn. I don't know if I'd want a part from the ship though. Kinda creepy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Ask the Chief

Jesus. Leave the fucking ship alone. A tomb to thousands of people, and now they're making watches out of it. Really says something about society, doesn't it? The Titanic represented the tragedy that can happen as the result of human arrogance, and now we're flaunting that monumental mistake in the form of a wristwatch? Just sick.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Fake.........

I'm calling BS+Fake. Titanic is protected under law isn't it, I believe it is; in so that no one can touch it or remove things from it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
horseshit!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5 View Post
Fake.........

I'm calling BS+Fake. Titanic is protected under law isn't it, I believe it is; in so that no one can touch it or remove things from it.
I think you are right. I do believe I read something about that.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo5 View Post
Fake.........

From Winkipedia...

"In a motion filed on 12 February 2004, RMS Titanic Inc. requested that the District Court enter an order awarding it "title to all the artifacts (including portions of the hull) which are the subject of this action pursuant to the law of finds" or, in the alternative, a salvage award in the amount of $225 million. RMS Titanic Inc. excluded from its motion any claim for an award of title to the 1987 artefacts, but it did request that the district court declare that, based on the French administrative action, "the artifacts raised during the 1987 expedition are independently owned by RMST." Following a hearing, the district court entered an order dated 2 July 2004, in which it refused to grant comity and recognize the 1993 decision of the French administrator, and rejected RMS Titanic Inc's claim that it should be awarded title to the artefacts recovered since 1993 under the maritime law of finds.

RMS Titanic Inc. appealed to the United States court of appeals. In its decision of 31 January 2006[28] the court recognized "explicitly the appropriateness of applying maritime salvage law to historic wrecks such as that of Titanic" and denied the application the maritime law of finds. The court also ruled that the district court lacked jurisdiction over the "1987 artifacts", and therefore vacated that part of the court's 2 July 2004 order. In other words, according to this decision, RMS Titanic Inc. has ownership title to the artefacts awarded in the French decision (valued $16.5 million earlier) and continues to be salvor-in-possession of Titanic wreck. The Court of Appeals remanded the case to the District Court to determine the salvage award ($225 million requested by RMS Titanic Inc.)."

With that said, RMS Titanic has won the exclusive rights to salvage things from the ship. And apparently, so they can make $175,000 watches out of it.

Just sick.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
Jesus. Leave the fucking ship alone. A tomb to thousands of people, and now they're making watches out of it. Really says something about society, doesn't it? The Titanic represented the tragedy that can happen as the result of human arrogance, and now we're flaunting that monumental mistake in the form of a wristwatch? Just sick.

Well said. Its just amazing they will do it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
I hope noone buys it. Let them RIP.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Ta Moko

I hope they go broke

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 03:47 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
sadly enough, they'll sell..........

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 09:22 AM

Where is that blue diamond?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode