Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

CNN Article from Ted Nugent

I don't want to turn this into a political debate cause I know that's a no-no. But I think there is a lot of truth to what he has wrote here and found it very interesting, so I thought I'd share! :

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/com...ent/index.html

Quote:
By Ted Nugent
Special to CNN

Editor's note: Rock guitarist Ted Nugent has sold more than 30 million albums. He's also a gun rights activist and serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association. His program, "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild," can be seen on the Outdoor Channel.

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in illegal possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun law. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Trust me, I'm a Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin
Ted is a man who won't mince words and tell it like it is.

Good find.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USMC: We put the "laughter" back in Slaughter.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Future King of the World

Send a message via AIM to Mayo5
Hells yeah!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:42 AM
HillBilly

Send a message via AIM to KWComp Send a message via Yahoo to KWComp
Ted always speaks his mind, he was always very outspoken when he lived here in Michigan. A little to extreme in some instances, but I guess he has to be to battle the opposite extreme from the anti-gun lobby.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM
FAsT BOYS

very nice thanks. it was only because of an off duty cop who was carrying that more werent killed here in salt lake a couple of months aga. just like american express" dont leave home without it"
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
very good article..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 04:08 PM

Very good read and very very true.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 04:18 PM

I have to agree 100%.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 04:21 PM
RacerX85

100% RIGHT! The founding fathers were brilliant men. They gave us those rights for a good reason!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Ta Moko

Time to put a armed undercover agent in every school and UNI. If there was and armed guard would this still have happened?

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 06:04 PM

Slick gets some rep points for that find! Nomad it may have still happened but not too that number.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
As the politicans fail to point out that the law-obiding people are not commiting these crimes. How many people are sitting in jail for commiting gun crimes that purchased their guns legal. I am fine with the background checks and in some cases the waiting peroids. I have a concealed wepons licence:gun and I hope I never have to use it to protect my family and property. But I am glad that I have the option to do so. Ted Nugent is an asshole but he is right on many things. Not to bash Ted but he is very head strong and if its not his way its no way is what I mean by the asshole comment. Having strict gun laws only harm the ones that are not commiting the acts but gives them a hands ties behind their back feeling. I am a gun owner and a member of the NRA and I hope that my rights to protect my family are never compermised by thugs. The goverment has to do more about cracking down in illegal sales and do less to law obiding citizens because that who gun laws are hurting PEROID!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode