Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

The Lovely boat.....

Last weekend I took a couple days off to get some things done around the house and to get the boat ready for spring.

First off I blew a tire on the trailer last year on the way home from our last trip to the lake. It was coming apart on the way home so since it was almost dark I limped it home and put it away for the winter. (no sense in letting brand new tires sit all winter long) I pulled the boat out thinking I could limp it to the tire shop too.... errrrrrr wrong.. the tired came completely apart on the first corner. I came back home, jacked it up and took the wheels in to get 4 new tires. I came home later that day and cleaned up the rims, checked the wheel bearings and installed the wheel and tires back on the trailer, all is good now with the tires.

I then remembered that I needed to fix my temp gauge as it started messing up last year on the last trip as well. I searched and searched for a new sending unit and installed it. I then changed the oil and filter along with the inline fuel filter too. Thinking I'm good to go I then proceeded to turn the motor over to get oil pressure before starting it. CLICL CLICK... damit. Even though I had installed the fully charged battery the same day it was not starting at all, just a click. I removed the starter and found some rust on the internals... cleaned it all up and tested on the workbench... worked well.

The next day I installed the starter and tried again.. same damn thing... I was pissed and put the cover on the boat.
A few days later I pulled the starter off again and took it to the local electric shop of a guy I know and they checked it out and after a few beers with the guy and a few good Clinton jokes I was on my way home. (It needed a new solenoid.)

Tonight I install the starter and all is well, the boat turn over well, so I get oil pressure and then fire it up.... runs perfect and smooth... I then allow the boat to warm up a little (with water flowing of course) to see of the temp gauge is working correctly with the new sending unit. .......... errrrrrrrrrr nothing still... so it must be the gauge. Damit as these gauges are not easy to find...

After letting the motor warm up for a few minutes I was checking everything out and it looks and runs great. I then reved it up a couple more times just to make sure all is well as I don't want to have any issue on the water for the first time. It was then I noticed a little water on the hose under the water pump....... son of a bitch... the seal on the water pump is out..........

So here I am looking for a marine water pump for my boat now.... I need to order the temp gauge as well so it will be another week or so before it's ready to go now.

I'm sharing this for a few reasons... one to make me feel better when all of you laugh at me.......... and two to let all of you know before you buy a boat that they are not just all fun in the sun....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 08:04 PM

i was looking at a boat, but decided id rather get a motard or pay of the remnant of my truck and just be debt free.....
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Well right now I say thats a very smart move... lol

Although I can't think of a more relaxing time then hanging out on the lake having a cold one.... I just wish I had more time to do it more often.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Well right now I say thats a very smart move... lol

Although I can't think of a more relaxing time then hanging out on the lake having a cold one.... I just wish I had more time to do it more often.
i grew up in a boating family.

i know that for every hour you spend on the "lake" you're gonna spend 2 working on and changing things.

just like our new company motorhome.....
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Yep, pretty much....

Oh well it's an experience and it got me away from the computer tonight for a few hours... lol

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Rookie again

Love to have one but I'll just hang on the brother in laws for a few more years.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1 View Post
Love to have one but I'll just hang on the brother in laws for a few more years.
smartest (read cheapest) plan.....
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Rookie again

Oh yeah I'm all about cheap.......LOL

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1 View Post
Oh yeah I'm all about cheap.......LOL
more money for
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Definition: Boat = Hole in water, in which you throw money into.

last year it took me 3 days to find out I needed new fuel filters (yes plural because I hand one that was a pain in the ass to find) plugs and a bilge pump..

most random un-related things but it was a bitch in a half

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 08:35 AM

Boats can be real fun, but the best boats are your friend's boats :
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 08:40 AM

we've been trying to sell our boat for years

the usual story

buy $40,000.00 boat
wife and daughter's idea...... but, they forget that they HATE boating

3 years old
can't sell it
MAYBE worth 35-40% of what I paid for it

oooooooooo
and......
i bought the bike from some OTHER sucker....
18 hours on the motor
11 months old
15K LESS than HE paid for it

Boats.....
"a hole in the water your pour money into"

for the money i've spent on this thing....
i could have rented at 60 foot yacht, with a crew of 5....
12 times a year

thanks, R1Lover..... for reminding me about ANOTHER one of my DUMB financial moves :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode