Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Talking Chinese Democracy for Evanescence?

Evanescence guitarist John LeCompt said Friday he's been fired from the band, and he also said drummer Rocky Gray has quit, so things aren't looking good for the multi-platinum, two-time Grammy winning alternative rock act, one of the biggest bands in the world -- but apparantly shrinking by the second.

"I'm done, and I'm pretty upset about it," LeCompt said, calling from Little Rock, Ark., the band's home town. "(Singer) Amy Lee called and fired me today. There's absolutely no loyalty in this band."

Evanescence, touring in support of its second major release "The Open Door," is on a short break after returning from South Africa. The group has two dates scheduled later this month before plans to tour Europe, beginning in Paris on May 25.

A phone message to the press office at Wind-Up Records in New York seeking comment was not immediately returned.

LeCompt, 34, said he and Gray, 32, plan to pour all their energy into a new band, Machina, managed by Chris Long (Crossfade). Gray wasn't available for comment.

"Machina is an incredible band -- it's rock and roll," LeCompt said.

Evanescence's first major release, "Fallen," featuring the hits "Bring Me to Life" and "My Immortal," has sold 14 millions copies worldwide, 6.6 million in the United States. It's one of eight albums in Billboard history to spend at least one year in the top 50. In 2004, the band won Grammys for Best Hard Rock Performance and Best New Artist.

The followup, "Open Door," was released in October, selling nearly 500,000 copies in the United States in its first week and debuting at No. 1 on Billboard. It's sold about four million worldwide.

This is not the first time Evanescence has had personnel problems. In 2003, guitarist and co-founder Ben Moody quit while the band was touring in Europe, replaced by Terry Balasamo from Cold. Last July, bassist Will Boyd quit, replaced by Tim McCord from Revolution Smile.

so in short Amy Lee is the female Axl Rose

----
And there is more:
Rocky Gray, longtime drummer for multi-platinum rockers Evanescence, has quit the band.

Best known prior to Evanescence as the guitar player for seminal Christian metal bands Living Sacrifice (a band whose members went on to join P.O.D., Norma Jean and more) and Soul Embraced, Rocky joined Evanescence shortly after the recording of their debut album, Fallen. The album featured a reworked version of a Soul Embraced song written by Rocky, "Tourniquet," and sold over 12 million copies worldwide.

Rocky is the third band member to leave Evanescence since the recording of their second album, The Open Door. Unfortunately, at this time, Gray doesn't have anything to say about his departure from the group.

"Amy Lee's management emailed me last night to tell me that, in their view, the contract I signed to record, perform and tour with the group says that I'm not allowed to have any free speech in regard to Evanescence," Gray said from his home in Arkansas. "The way they spin it, I'm not even allowed to say I quit the group, I guess. But the news is out there, so, there ya' go. I need to have a lawyer read over all that mess to tell me what, when and how I can tell you all -- the REAL FANS -- what really went down, if I ever can, haha."

Last edited by ffwf; 05-06-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 08:32 AM

There's gotta be a reason for him being fired, wheter it's a good one or not we don't know :corn
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM

What this has to do with Chinese Democracy?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 08:57 PM
phil-osepher

Might have been some cool dudes, but their music sucked ass.......sounded like some Yanni mixed with Kenny G...

Sucks about their break up, well......not really......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
their music sucked ass.......sounded like some Yanni mixed with Kenny G...
dude, you need to get your ears checked....

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 03:06 AM

...guess I'll get a refund on my tickets then...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
What this has to do with Chinese Democracy?
Chinese Democracy is the title of the ever upcoming album by Guns 'n' Roses, that Axl Rose postpones year after year (and firing band member after band member). I'm just referencing his dramaqueeness with hers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Ask the Chief

I think that album title will end up on his headstone as a "work in progress"...

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwf View Post
Chinese Democracy is the title of the ever upcoming album by Guns 'n' Roses, that Axl Rose postpones year after year (and firing band member after band member). I'm just referencing his dramaqueeness with hers.
oops I see... hehe... talk about misunderstanding here...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode