Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Dirt Rider :)

O.J. Tossed From Steakhouse

O.J. Tossed From Steakhouse on Derby Eve
May 8, 10:57 PM EST

The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.
"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."
Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.
Ruby who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was "giddy" about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.
"I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."
He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room.
Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.
Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.
"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.
Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson's past.
"It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class," Ruby said. "He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly.
Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.
The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Rookie again

FK O.J. and the party he rode in with............Of course his attorney is gonna play the race card.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:29 AM

Well done.
Fuck O.J.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Would O.J. have his steak prepared rare??

He was thrown into a white bronco

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
No Crying Allowed

Good for him.... That's cool to see.

As for a lawsuit.... nope, you ever see those signs that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

That's what there for.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
I thought that was awesome when i saw that on the news today.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Good for him.... That's cool to see.

As for a lawsuit.... nope, you ever see those signs that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

That's what there for.
not likely.

they have to have a legitimate reason to refuse service.

otherwise you would still have segregated restaurants in the south.

the restaurant owner has opened himself up to a very large lawsuit IF the jury or judge decides in their favor.

all depends on the legal proceedings.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

Still cant believe that chic had no relatives to take that SOB out:gun
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 PM
phil-osepher

There are two Jeff Ruby's places here. Good ass food, but a la carte and you will drop $150 per person EASY if you aren't careful. I've been there once, can't justify paying that damn much for a damn steak and beer.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 08:14 PM

I stand that man to a beer. Bravo!!!!!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 08:51 PM
HighlyTrainedProfessional

Send a message via AIM to NomadRip Send a message via Yahoo to NomadRip
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR1 View Post
FK O.J. and the party he rode in with............Of course his attorney is gonna play the race card.
That should work well when they find out Ruby's business partner is Bootsy Collins... :badg

-James
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:34 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post
not likely.

they have to have a legitimate reason to refuse service.

otherwise you would still have segregated restaurants in the south.

the restaurant owner has opened himself up to a very large lawsuit IF the jury or judge decides in their favor.

all depends on the legal proceedings.
When your talking about a law suit, anything can happen.... coffee from McDonald's ring a bell......... stupid is as stupid does.... sometimes the juries are as stupid and the people drinking the coffee. Anyone can win anything in court if they find the right jury.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Ta Moko

Did OJ do it? I was reading another thread on socalsportbikes and thought this is an interesting theory on who done it. Makes sense but why didn't we hear about this? Unless the son had an iron cast alibi?

Pasted
He doesn't believe O.J. killed Nicole but says the word on the street is that his oldest son from his first marriage may have killed Nicole. O.J.'s son needed to pay the druglords $50,000 for the drugs he provided to Nicole. After numerous attempts to collect the money, and fearing his life was at risk, he may have approached Nicole the night of the murder to collect the debt.

What Tom said was the lacerations on the dead bodies were so fine that there could be only one or two kind of knives that could have done that: A scalpel or sharpened knife commonly used by chefs.

And who do you think was a skilled chef or carried culinary knife set in the back of his car? Yup, O.J.'s son.

And the glove didn't fit O.J.'s hands but most likely fit his son's hands since they were a lot smaller than O.J.'s

There is no word as to Jason Lamar Simpson's (O.J.'s eldest son) whereabouts. He's probably in hiding says Tom. He also says that Jason never liked Nicole.

Also, during the trial he talked to Marcia Clark and she told him she was furious about the trial because she knew from the beginning they were going to lose because they were unprepared but were forced by the General District Attorney to commence with the trial. They didn't have all the facts. They weren't 100% sure OJ killed Nicole.

Lastly, Tom says that Jason probably killed Nicole and Goldman and freaking out and not knowing what to do called his father (OJ) who probably arrived at the scene after the murder. And what OJ said about how he'd do anything for his children wasn't just in reference to his two young kids but all his kids--even if it meant taking the fall for this crime his son may have done. And that whole escape attempt by OJ was to draw attention away from suspecting his son. Pasted

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 08:18 AM
No Crying Allowed

Interesting, but it's like the saying a day late and a dollar short.... he has been convicted in 80% of America's minds a long time ago.

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 AM
HighlyTrainedProfessional

Send a message via AIM to NomadRip Send a message via Yahoo to NomadRip
Actually, if you look it up Adrian, it's all over the place (the Jason Simpson theory). I hadn't heard about it until I looked. If you look at wikipedia about the OJ case, there are a whole lot of things left out of the trial. Especially about Jason (he'd been in trouble with his knives before, and his alibi was VERY shakey/a lie, for instance).

Yes R1Lover, you're probably right. The state won't want to admit they wasted all that time chasing the wrong guy, never looking at anyone else, only to find out he really didn't do it himself, and be even more of a mockery than it was by losing the case, so they just want people to forget, I'd be willing to bet.

-James
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRip View Post
Actually, if you look it up Adrian, it's all over the place (the Jason Simpson theory). I hadn't heard about it until I looked. If you look at wikipedia about the OJ case, there are a whole lot of things left out of the trial. Especially about Jason (he'd been in trouble with his knives before, and his alibi was VERY shakey/a lie, for instance).

Yes R1Lover, you're probably right. The state won't want to admit they wasted all that time chasing the wrong guy, never looking at anyone else, only to find out he really didn't do it himself, and be even more of a mockery than it was by losing the case, so they just want people to forget, I'd be willing to bet.
Ha ha yeah i would i suppose just never really interested enough to look

I was always puzzled by OJ and the way he acted after the trail. If his son did it that might explain a lot, OJ still a scum bag though

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 01:21 PM

If the owner of the restaurant really had conviction he wouldn't have served the people cheering for OJ, either. But, I guess that's where conviction and capitalism go their separate ways.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode