Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
%99 sure I am getting this

http://www.jayco.com/php/products/to...ler.php?id=133

I think it would be a good addition to the family. I am not a RV kind of guy but I do think we could get a lot of use out of it for years.

In addition of the standard features it also comes with Central air, attic fan, awning, mirrowave, large double door fridge, skylight, stabilizer jacks(4), stereo with 4 kicker speakers and kicker amp and kicker 10in sub, water heater, water purifactation system, 4000w QUIET gererator, FUEL STATION(so I can run the generator and fill up the bikes, I think its 24 gallons), 2 electric queen beds and not to mention a queen for us, exterior grill, roof rack and ladder, free standing table and 2 extra chairs.

MSRP 33,668.90 sold for 24,000++

I am just waiting on financing to see if I like the interest rate. The intrest is tax deductable BTW.

Here are pics of the smaller one but I am getting the 29footer.

I think it would be nice to haul the race bike that I am going to buy in july.

So good investment or walk away???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gallery_picture_1062.jpg (94.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg gallery_picture_1070.jpg (95.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg gallery_picture_1071.jpg (76.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg gallery_picture_1074.jpg (113.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg gallery_picture_1073.jpg (99.3 KB, 3 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gallery_picture_1077.jpg (104.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg gallery_picture_1078.jpg (54.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg gallery_picture_1079.jpg (43.6 KB, 2 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by beavisr1; 06-09-2007 at 08:21 PM.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Ask the Chief

just as long as you get use out of it.

that's the biggest problem with toyhaulers for some people...they buy it with best intentions, and then never use it.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

I think with haveing all the kids it would be a nice addition. And also will my 1/2 ton truck pull it efficantly and WHERE TO PARK DA FUCKER....

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:45 PM
No Crying Allowed

If you are just pulling it on flat roads and minor hills you should be fine... that thing is pretty damn light.... if you are really loaded up you may want to consider a diesel for the pulling power... Do you have the 5.3 in your truck?

As far as buying one.... maybe try renting one this year each time you want to go out.... see how much you actually use it. You may be surprised as Mark said... most of them sit after there bought.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

I have a 5.3 with a heavy duty trailering package including a transmission and oil cooler. ITs like 6600 lbs wet. That included 106 gallons of water and 24 gallons of fuel. 2 bikes is approx 900 wet. And if its fiddies (3) that I am trailering a whole lot less.

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:50 PM
No Crying Allowed

I pull my boat pretty well and it's about the same lbs.... but in the major mountains I wish I had more.... and the really step hills can be a major bitch... lol

If I buy again and still have the boat I will go for the 6.0 or a diesel.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

what boat do you have that is 7000 pounds and what truck do you have????

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
No Crying Allowed

Malibu Wakesetter 21' , it's not that heavy until the trip home and it's soaked... lol and the truck is an 03 Avalanche with the 5.3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM
No Crying Allowed

I just looked up the weight and it's only about 4000lbs... lol If your trailer is 7000lbs you might be in for a little trouble in the hills... are you sure it weighs that much?

|
|
|
|
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:24 PM
phil-osepher

+1 on the use, If you were racing and traveling most of the year I'd say it's a great buy....but a couple times a year is a waste

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:09 PM
FAsT BOYS

my wife and i were facing the same problem so i bought an old but good trailer for cash and i told her if we use it enough to justify a payment then we can upgrade in a year.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Petronas Yamaha?

You must have a biga ass truck to pull that! Iam just hoping to get a V-Nose 5x8, so I can spend the night close to the track
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Rollin in my 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGPracing View Post
You must have a biga ass truck to pull that! Iam just hoping to get a V-Nose 5x8, so I can spend the night close to the track
I am hope ing that my 2007 new body 4x4 z71 5.3l high capacity air filter oil cooler transmission cooler tailer equipped GMC Sierra will handle it

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:37 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavisr1 View Post
I am hope ing that my 2007 new body 4x4 z71 5.3l high capacity air filter oil cooler transmission cooler tailer equipped GMC Sierra will handle it
Don't hold your breath bro.....

It will pull it and the trailer people will tell you "oh that's perfect" lol but in the long run if you are in the mountains you will be looking for more power if it weighs 7000lbs....

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:49 PM

I say go for it. RV's rule and having the bike in the back??? its perfect

edit: I thought it was an RV, still cool though
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 12:39 AM

4x4 usually drop about 1k pounds off your tow capacity
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Pretty sweet looking... But you don't even have the time to take your boat out on the lake you aren't going to be able to use this for another 3 or so years till your boys are bigger and it's not such a pain in the ass to organize a camping trip.

I'd wait

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:12 AM

I've got an 02 GMC with a 6 liter with a cold air package, chip, 4.11 gears and tow a 26' travel trailer that weighs about 7500 lbs loaded. Does great on flat ground not too bad in the mountains. Storage runs about $60.00 a month through in insurance, registration your about $1000.00 a year in ownership. I bought mine used and have been very happy, a lot of people buy new with the intention of using it and find out there not so theres a lot of great used stuff out there (save the money). Costs about a grand a week to rent and you don't have the other worries. FYI
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:33 AM

A really good friend has a Funhauler (30ish ft).He enjoys it for traveling to races with his wife/daughter, but doesn't use it for much else since most races are solo trips or close enough to do in a day.
I couldnt justify it's expense+gas even if it was a once a month thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode