Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Bigotry Much?

Well, apparently my open dislike of the Spanish control in the HRC team, has lead someone to leave me negative rep, and ask that same question... Bigotry much?

I can't see who left me the neg rep, so I'll just post here for everyone to see y answer to the question...

By definition...
A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own.

I think that a pretty good explanation. And by that definition, I can't see how my dislike for the Spanish control\favoritism @ HRC (which is clearly more resemblance of exhibiting bigot like behavior) makes me a bigot. Or else we are all bigots

Also by that definition, while I am afforded my US citizenship due to the results of the Spanish-American war, a person who might know my lineage of descent might have thought, perhaps I have reason to be a bigot, or upset from a political point of view, but since that isn't the case, what qualifies this mysterious accusation?

Well let me clarify, because while I don't give a rats ass about my reputation points, I do give a rats ass about everyone thinking I am a bigot.

I do not despise the Spanish, on any racial term. I am the son of a Native Puerto Rican Father & Spanish\Puerto Rican mother. My Granfather was Spanish and served in the US ARMY during WWII. So you see... I don't fit the definition.

Now I will admit, any intelligent Puerto Rican will know about all good & bad contributions to our country. The bad in particular are very bad...

The Spanish annihilation of the native Indigenas
The Spanish introduction of slavery
And the all time favorite lie of independance (The Spanish told PR they were free from Spanish rule, when in fact they had turned over PR to the US.)

But those are the sins of the past, and not present. So I feel the need to say that if you thought any of those was reason behind any perceived bigotry, you are wrong.

IMO... if any sponsor outlines in a contract that their lead rider must be 1st and foremost of any predetermined nationality, and look at their resume\achievements and talent later... that makes them a bigger bigot than me disliking any national favoritism and the politics in support of it in MotoGP.

Now I know that at the moment the Spanish are pulling in all the sponsors & that is money needed to go racing. No need to explain that... it is what it is...

Anyways...In a nut shell.... Bigotry Much???
No my fellow racing brethren (whoever you are), you just need to open your eyes I am calling Spanish favoritism in the face... and i would call it the same if it where the Japs, US, French, Italians or whatever nationality you are from
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 10:01 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
hmmmmm...

where's the link tot he thread I wanna read it now

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

No thread... i found the question\accusation in my User CP latest reputation received.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
No thread... i found the question\accusation in my User CP latest reputation received.
when you look at it though , it's a clickable link to the thread / post they're giving you the rep for.

Pretty chicken shiat of 'em to not leave their name on the rep , I always leave my name at the end .
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 10:51 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
when you look at it though , it's a clickable link to the thread / post they're giving you the rep for.

Pretty chicken shiat of 'em to not leave their name on the rep , I always leave my name at the end .
I do as well.....

oh well, no worries man it's not a big deal.... if it is to you I will remove it....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
I do as well.....

oh well, no worries man it's not a big deal.... if it is to you I will remove it....
I'd like to know who's giving Saint positive rep points...hmmm..where's that negative button for Saint

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 01:27 AM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I looked it up and read it... eh I have no clue why the person would say that but it's not my business.. Sounded like a good argument on your part..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 03:04 AM

I never leave negative rep, I just ...

j/k about the part...
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 07:22 AM
7c Forever

alrite, it was me. No sense in denying it.

there's favouritism in EVERY team. Shit by the look of it my favourite rider is gonna lose his seat next year due to stupid nationalist pride. Is it coincidence that both the Kwacker pilots where french until about 10 minutes ago?

Why does Nick have his seat? I don't like to bring this up 'cause the guy got it done last year and proved me wrong about his talent. That doesn't however change the fact that American Honda bought him a seat for 4 (FOUR) years. But noone calls that favouritism 'cause the board is mostly populated by americans that think it's fine. BUT when Dani comes in and gets favouritism from a different sponsor (Repsol) all the sudden it's the end of the fuckin world. Repsol is a sponsor, that's it. Repsol Honda is a skunkworks team, it's not favouritism on the part of Honda, Honda aren't spanish. If you wanna see Favouritism by Honda, look back a couple years at Daijiro, THAT was favouritism. Shit even what went on with Tamada for years was pretty blatant "we want a Japanese world champion."

I didn't wanna start a big brawl where we all degraded into calling each other racist pigs and the inevitable "you're anti-american" 'cause that shit isn't true, I'm a huge fan of 3 of the 4 american riders in MotoGP at the moment, shit, 4 out of the 5 now that Kletus is around.

Maybe I shouldn't have called you a bigot, but the whole thing stinks of "it's ok when we do it, but noone else can." Either that or you're just not following the GP's close enough. CHECA gets a ride 'cause he's Spanish, Dani completely re-wrote the record books on his way up, and came into the class with all guns blazing. I'd say that he deserves some faith by Honda.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Well... I thought we had gone over this in the past. This would make the 2nd time you ask me the same question, Junior.

I would go on and explain again... but why? No one really takes into consideration what I say in my posts regarding Nicky's career it seems... Hayden may have gotten the seat cause of American Honda, but obviously against Sponsor wishes... Prob why the most qualified man for the job at the time didn't get it the seat Nicky got... Know who that was?

It isn't just Repsol though... The league is Spanish based & has a History of showing fav towards spanish riders... (Rossi being the exception & Sete being the Spanish red headed step child.)

I don't deny Dani is a good prospect, but is Melandri, Nicky, Nakano any less worthy? Well, should be no surprise to anyone that I don't think so... And IMO Jap fav would have been Nakano, Kato or Tamada on the top seat... But hey... maybe Honda has an agreement on nationality hiring since Honda did have Japs on the Gp500 V-Twins....

Well from here on out... read my posts as a fan and not a bigot. I think I am entitled to pick and choose who to root for and who not to, like everyone else.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 05:13 PM
7c Forever

yea, I'll do that for you. I feel bad about it now, but I had to man up about it atleast.

the most qualified rider for Nicks seat was Edwards, I still think Colin should have gotten that ride. You'd never get away with directly stating nationality hiring in a contract. that's just way to over the top.

are the other 3 less worthy? Well they certainly haven't shown the same ability up till now. Not saying it makes them bad people or anything, but Dani is a repeat 250 world champion that won both 125 and 250 in his rookie year, and if you wanna pull out hte "young blood" shit (I don't, as I don't believe that stuff) then he's got that going for him aswell.

the point is tho, I didn't wanna have a big fight and start shit over what I saw as a dirty and low comment, I wanted to deal with it in a way that didn't involve being a drama queen infront of the whole board.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
You are on a distinguished road, are you trying to catch GSXCorey ?

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post

It should still lead you back to the thread.

Look if you go and rub Vale's back, I'm sure he will give you a rep point for it, from an Admin it is worth ten points

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
:corn:corn:corn

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post

Look if you go and rub Vale's back, I'm sure he will give you a rep point for it, from an Admin it is worth ten points

:imwst Yep if it keeps him the hell away from us

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 08:51 PM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biga View Post

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

I did follow the link to the thread... it wasn't any help to determine who gave the rep... it is only an indication of the post the triggered the rep.

You guys are too much... I don't care if my rep goes lower than Hell... so long as I can still come on here and read racing news among fellow race fans...

Who I am is important to me though... and I certainly didn't want anyone to think of me that way..

Junior... it's all good man... thanks for coming out and letting me know. Hope you don't think me such an awful person.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 09:57 PM
No Crying Allowed

All of you check your rep now..... I fooked you all up.....

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 03:05 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
noone gives me negative rep for my bigoted hatred of americans

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 05:11 AM
7c Forever

naa you did a very good job of explaining yourself man. I'd retract it if I could.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode