Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Chris Benoit and family found dead

Quote:
Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was found dead along with his family this afternoon in his Atlanta home, according to published reports.

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting authorities confirmed that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

The Montreal-born Benoit, who moved to Edmonton when he was 12 years old, lived in Sherwood Park as recently as May 2000.

World Wrestling Entertainment issued a release over Benoit's death.

"World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home," the statement reads.

"There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

WWE spokeswoman Cheryl Kong in Toronto said Monday night’s “Raw” TV program would serve as a tribute to Benoit and his family.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

Benoit was scheduled to wrestle at the Vengeance pay-per-view Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called “personal reasons.”
Sad news indeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
No Crying Allowed

Now sure who he is, but that very sad the whole family is gone.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
That's really sad, I just found out whiler I was drinking my morning coffee and looking at Google News.
Did a bit of looking around for info and found out he was 5'11" ??
Man I reckoned he was about 5'5" 'cos he was always so much shorter than everyone else. He was a great wrestler though and I'm not a huge fan of the sport but I'd always stop and watch if I was flicking and happened across one of his matches.

Which brings up a question. When did WWE become ECW. I was watching a bit of a broadcast last week and saw Vince McMahon being introduced as prez of ECW ..what's that all about?

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Resident Redneck

Send a message via Skype™ to Biga
That is very Sad R.I.P

post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Not sure who he is, but that very sad the whole family is gone.
He's a wrestler , WWE type , been around for a looooooong time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
That's really sad, I just found out whiler I was drinking my morning coffee and looking at Google News.
Did a bit of looking around for info and found out he was 5'11" ??
Man I reckoned he was about 5'5" 'cos he was always so much shorter than everyone else. He was a great wrestler though and I'm not a huge fan of the sport but I'd always stop and watch if I was flicking and happened across one of his matches.

Which brings up a question. When did WWE become ECW. I was watching a bit of a broadcast last week and saw Vince McMahon being introduced as prez of ECW ..what's that all about?
I'm not sure , actually I was just flipping through the channels , I haven't watched it in YEARS and they happened to be showing " In Memory of Chris Benoit " and I stopped and then got on google.

The 4 Horsemen!!!!
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Faster and Better

Send a message via AIM to Hellbound Send a message via MSN to Hellbound
really great wrestler and talented. Sucks to hear this. im shocked. RIP
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Chris Benoit (pronounce it Ben-War as most of the annoucers did).....damn I wonder what happened?

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 06-25-2007 at 08:15 PM.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
7c Forever

the T is silent. Pronunciation should be along the lines of "ben-waa" atleast that's the sound closest to it that we have in english I think.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
the T is silent. Pronunciation should be along the lines of "ben-waa" atleast that's the sound closest to it that we have in english I think.
oops., meant to write wah... thanks Junior

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:14 PM
7c Forever

no worries I've spent enough time talking to people with heavy quebec accents, LMAO.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Faster and Better

on tv they have a 3 hr special for him on USA.
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:34 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I must of stopped watching WWF before he started

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Faster and Better

hes been around for over 15 years in different organizations in japan, wcw, ecw, wwf and when they changed the name to wwe
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

So on the news this morning they said it looked like a murder/suicide, where he killed his wife and son over the weekend, and himself on Monday.

Just call me Captain Crash...

post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
HillBilly

Send a message via AIM to KWComp Send a message via Yahoo to KWComp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR1 View Post
So on the news this morning they said it looked like a murder/suicide, where he killed his wife and son over the weekend, and himself on Monday.
Damn Seriously????!!!! WTF would ever posses someone to do that.
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 09:51 AM

Roid rage.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Ta Moko

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...625benoit.html

post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Ta Moko

Benoit's wife once claimed abuse, filed for divorce
Pro wrestler killed wife, son, then hanged himself, police say

By S.A. REID, KATHY JEFCOATS
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution
Published on: 06/25/07
Superstar wrestler Chris Benoit and his wife went through a period of turbulence early in their marriage that included her claiming domestic abuse and filing for divorce, court records show.

The couple and their 7-year-old son were found dead Monday in their home on Green Meadow Lane just east of Peachtree City. A law enforcement official close to the investigation told the Associated Press that Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room. Nancy Benoit and her son, Daniel, were killed during the weekend and Benoit died Monday, police said.
The couple, who had lived together since 1997 and were married in 2000, had separated when Nancy Benoit, a wrestling manager who worked under the stage name "Woman," filed for divorce in May 2003.

In the accompanying petition for protection from domestic abuse, Nancy Benoit, 43, claimed she was intimidated by threats of violence from her 40-year-old, 5-foot-10, 220-pound husband, who was known as the "Canadian Crippler."

Benoit, the petition said, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture and furnishings. Petitioner is in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."

In another count, she claimed Benoit had destroyed furniture in the home.

On May 12, 2003, the same day the divorce and protective order petitions were submitted, a judge issued a restraining order against the wrestler and barred him from the family home in Peachtree City.

On Aug. 19, 2003, Nancy Benoit filed to have the divorce and protective petitions dismissed, and both were.

Police on Tuesday said no gun was used in the killings, but they have declined to say how the three died. Autopsies were scheduled for Tuesday at the GBI Crime Lab in Decatur.

"The details, when they come out, are going to prove a little bizarre," Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said Tuesday.

Police also revealed Tuesday that a text message was sent from Chris Benoit's cellphone.

Fayette Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope said the message was sent at 4:30 a.m. Saturday, but he decline to disclose the message's content or recipient.

Benoit's employer, World Wrestling Entertainment, said on its Website Tuesday that Benoit had sent

"several curious text messages" to friends, but police on Tuesday said they had identified only the one.

Authorities initially had trouble getting to the home because of two large German shepherds on the property, the WWE said. Sheriff's deputies were standing guard at the home on Tuesday morning, keeping back the media and the curious.

Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and his son in an upstairs bedroom.

post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
HillBilly

Send a message via AIM to KWComp Send a message via Yahoo to KWComp
Thats a sorry motherfka that can kill his own offspring like that. Serious mental issues there.
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Sad, too sad.........

R.I.P.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode