Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
travelocity

NEVER EVER order from them. I have been on the phone combined w/ my fiance for over 10 hours trying to cancel a fucking trip. All they do is transfer you, put you on hold, hang up on you, etc. A chargeback is out as by the time they get it we are past our trip date. We even paid for the damn insurance.

I'm 101% out of ideas here...this is by far the worst company I have dealt with in my entire life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 10:10 PM
doomsday machine

I'm starting to get the idea that none of these online travel sites are worth a damn. Reminds me of Maddox's fiasco with Orbitz: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....u=orbitz_blows

Travelocity sure tries to make it sound super easy on their website -- clicked 'customer care' and all their cancellation FAQ entries just say you have to hit a cancel button once you've logged into the site. I'm assuming you've tried this already.

My boss's approach to stuff like this is to be as irritating as possible without being the obnoxious asshole who gets ignored and hung up on, and keep asking for managers/supervisors/etc. In theory, sooner or later you'll get to someone high enough they feel they shouldn't have to deal with you and they'll get you what you want just to get you off their back.

Since you've got 10 hours in already, I'm afraid that may not turn out to be terribly time-efficient.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 10:35 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
I had good luck with Expedia before I booked a trip in June once and I wanted July called them that day they fixed everything rebooked the right days and at no charge..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

shagz: we can login and see our trip, but here is the kicker. you go to the trip details and we NOW get an error. We wait 1 hour on hold just to be transfered somewhere and disconnected. Now that we want to cancel we were disconnected and we can't log into our trip details anymore. it's pure BS. Trust me, ALWAYS GO DIRECT WITH AIRLINES AND HOTELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even state how pissed i am. I have been on the phone since i got out of work NON STOP! Took one hour off to eat. This is a fucking joke. I THINK i'm getting somewhere. Everytime they want to put me on hold i'm asking they stay on hold until someone else comes on...i'm DEMANDING IT! Also getting employee id numbers through every person, b ut they still don't give a shit! they are SUPPOSE to be calling the airlines now and hotel and checking on full refunds, but i'm waiting to get disconnected for the 11th time tonight.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 04:40 AM
phil-osepher

good point corey. I started using the airlines directly because anymore their tickets are just as cheap as those go-betweens, and you get the luxury of choosing your seat, time of departure etc...

I just had to cancel/change a ticket, it cost me $100 but I get to use it again for the next year.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 08:03 AM
doomsday machine

Sounds like you're doing all you can at this point. Really sucks you have to deal with this. Hope it turns out in your favor when it's all done.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 09:06 AM

USE A TRAVEL AGENT AND YOU WONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS!!!!!

it always surprises me that people will want to save $10 and have to waste HOURS of their time to do so.

I got better things to do.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha View Post
USE A TRAVEL AGENT AND YOU WONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS!!!!!
:imwst
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Work for an airline and you'll learn alot of in's and out's

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

contacted the ceo who fixed it ASAP. Don't ask how i got the number. I was travelocity's number one pain in the ass for 2 days straight!!!! It's all solved though. Amazing how she can solve it in 5 min but their customer support in india can't solve it in 12 hours or so. I understand why they outsource, but i don't know if it's a good thing in the long run.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 09:10 PM
phil-osepher

i would have threatened to burn down her house

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
MOTOMUMMY BOYCOT!!....Im IN!! Sorry to hear your trouble Corey!

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:29 PM

so where where you traveling to?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarawalker View Post
so where where you traveling to?
Well, he's getting married, so I assume HELL!!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:38 PM

does that mean that the "how hot is hell" thread is appropriate here?????

well, someday I hope to go to HELL
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Mummy Man

going to the Dominican for a small trip

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Gang Green

I've had good experiences with Expedia, I had to modify my hotel stay once and they had me all done in 5 minutes.

I was booking a trip to Paraguay for this coming January, and all the online places were 1400-1500 per person for the flight (staying with family so no hotel needed). I called our travel agent and she offered the same flight for 1300.
Sometimes online isn't best. I always shop around on big ticket stuff like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode