Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
phil-osepher

Angry Complaint Letter: Time Warner Cable sucks!

If you have a spare 5 mins, read this letter I'm mailing out to each member of the board of directors, all the local offices, and other places......

I dont want anything, I just want them to know how much they SUCK. I would have been happy if my shit simply WORKED, but apparently that is too much to ask..

Mr. Glenn A. Britt
c/o Secretary
Time Warner Cable Inc.
290 Harbor Drive
Stamford, CT 06092

Mr. Britt:

I’m writing you this letter as a tired and disappointed customer of Time Warner Cable. I have been a LOYAL customer for almost three years now, sticking with your company because I can bundle my internet and television needs together into one simple and relatively cost effective plan. However, the events of the last 3 months have totally turned me off to your services, and I am so frustrated I almost believe I could get better customer service from my 1 year old Pomeranian. I am literally inches away from pulling the plug on your service and going to DISH Network or Direct TV, regardless of the cost increase. While losing one customer such as me surely will not impact your bottom line, I suggest you continue to read on in order to capture important data on just how terrible your systems are here in Morrow, OH.

It all started in late April, 2007. My wife and I were buying a home at the time. Being a current customer of TWC, naturally you all were the first company I called to get my systems installed. I opted for a cable package with DVR, and a LAN internet connection. This was our first home, a home that had been built merely 6 years ago, so we were very excited to move in naturally. I scheduled our cable to be installed the day after our move in, and I believe you had a sub contractor come in to install our service. I met with the contractor that morning, and told him where my televisions were to be located. About an hour later, I walk around to the back of my new home, only to see about 25 feet of black coax cable sticking out of a fresh hole in the side of my home. The cable was just hanging there, much like my jaw was as I let the shock set in. Naturally, the subcontractor gave me the “hey, we do this to everyone’s house” line, to which I asked him if he thought to ask before drilling a HOLE into the side of my house and hanging a black cable out the back. I should mention he also applied some sort of epoxy to the hole, as a sealant, but honestly my 11 year old daughter could have done that better. The seal is terrible and doesn’t even cover the hole. Of course, he could have cared less but provided a generic help line to call. I called in, expressed my EXTREME displeasure, and was assured it would be escalated and someone would get back with me regarding the shoddy install. IT IS NOW 3 MONTHS LATER, I have yet to have someone get back with me.

Let’s move on, shall we? So the cable was finally installed, but no DVR at the time. I just came from an apartment that had a DVR, but apparently moving into a home puts you on a waiting list. I was told I’d be getting a call in a few weeks when the DVR was in, until then I’d have to make due with a regular box. Also, your genius of a sub contractor left exposed cable running halfway across my backyard, to which his response was: “someone will come out and bury that in 2 weeks.”

The VERY NEXT DAY, the cable box downstairs in the living room starts acting up. After about 40 minutes on hold, I finally get through to one of your reps, who told me to switch the box out with the one upstairs, no dice. So, ANOTHER dispatch to a tech to fix the box. On to the next stage….

A few weeks later, I called in to TWC to check on the status of three things: my DVR, my complaint, and my cable that still needed to be buried. I spoke to a customer service rep, and wouldn’t you know it:
1- No record of a DVR request
2- No record of a request for the cable to be buried
3- No record of my wish to speak to someone about my crappy installation.
I was assured that all of these items would be reconciled, and while I did get a DVR and my cable was buried (after ANOTHER wait), I STILL haven’t heard from anyone about my dissatisfaction with my install, and how YOU ALL should fix the gaping hole in my home.

Fast forward a month or so. A few days ago, wouldn’t you know it, our cable box upstairs goes out. Another lovely eternity on hold, waiting for the operator. Of course, the resolution is to send someone out, maybe a $30 credit on our account. Fortunately, we still had the leftover box (excess once we had our DVR installed), and were able to plug that in.

Here is the bottom line. Your systems are broken. Your customer service channels and support are broken. If I call in one day, and then a week later, nobody has a record of that previous call. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing, and that is inexcusable. Your equipment is substandard, and your subcontractors obviously could care less how good of a job they do. When complaints are filed, some overworked and underpaid manager on your end lets it pile up in their inbox, and you get customers like me who suffer. I’m not telling you what to do, or how to do it, but I hope you get a grasp of the situation for your own good. By the time you read this, I might very well be flipping through the channels on my DISH Network.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 PM

So how's your DISH network doing? :
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
So how's your DISH network doing? :
:imwst Took the thoughts straight out of my head Val

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM

Last edited by Warp Racer; 07-13-2007 at 07:20 PM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Now in days what choices do you really have?? It sucks that TWC and Comcast own every market. Dish network can be good but when there is weather around you loose your TV and in your neck of the woods that can be Vital during sever weather. It is like TWC says we own you and there is nothing you can do about it.That just pisses me off.

Very good well written letter. Hope Dish network works out for you:
</IMG></IMG>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode