Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Talking congratulations

Congratulations

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE

1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem .

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cellphones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms........ .WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no

lawsuits from these accidents

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,

made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.They actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO

DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them!

CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

and while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

PS -The big type is because your eyes are shot at your age

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:52 AM

What if I grew up in between these 2 generations?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
You're screwed?

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi View Post
Well that finally answers all my questions about you

Last edited by Warp Racer; 07-16-2007 at 06:05 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 AM

Geezers

ps 2000 post!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickpitt View Post
You're screwed?

Haha, first thing that came to my mind! Thanks and congrats to all the other old geezers here
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Wheatman

Isn't that a Country song?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Ask the Chief

the day i knew hell was freezing over was when i heard they were giving out 'stress chits' in boot camp...if things get too tough, you can pull a time out.

how things have changed.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 11:26 AM
phil-osepher

ah yes, playing outside....

those were the days where you built shitty ramps for your bikes to jump, fabricated forts out of wood and other material, and blew up legos and GI Joes with firecrackers.....

Kids today don't know much about playing "make believe" outside

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
the day i knew hell was freezing over was when i heard they were giving out 'stress chits' in boot camp...if things get too tough, you can pull a time out.

how things have changed.
Urban Myth? A couple of my good buddies are Drill Sgts at Fort Jackson, SC and there is no such thing. Maybe it's a Navy thing?

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Ask the Chief

it IS a Navy thing.

Uggg....hate to admit that.

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
it IS a Navy thing.

Uggg....hate to admit that.
it started in the Air Force....
(GO FIGURE)
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Good thing they havent made their way to the Marine Corps yet, I heard about them when I was a D.I. (in other services) I think if they gave those to USMC Recruits thered be more D.I.s getiing in troube! hahahah I'd prob make a Biitch eat it or somthing !! hahahah (stress Chits) WTF!!??

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1stunner View Post
ahah I'd prob make a Biitch eat it or somthing

while at the same time giving them a transfer app' to the Navy..

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
Now the problem is that we have to sign up our kids for the best schools and best after school projects. And we have to get them there in a Danali or better vehicle rather them riding their 1 speed huffy. And have to get them the coolest cell phone by the time they are 5. And slapping and/or spanking them is a captiol offense. Ang giving them a$100 a week allowance for doing nothing around the house. just so they can take thir freinds out for good time at 12 years old. And only have "Real Freinds" in chat or My space. And the can type acronyms 2,000 wpm and cant spell laugh out loud. And cant do math in thir heads and have to goto heir cell phone to devide 2 in to 1. man things have changed?????

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 11:17 PM
RacerX85

Those generations fucked the world up. End of discussion. YOU are the ones that created all the problems WE have to deal with now. And even worse...I don't think any of my generation understands how fucked up the world is getting OR that we need to start getting proactive and fixing those problems.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Yada yada yada and the next generation will be saying exactly the same thing as previous generations have. :corn

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX85 View Post
Those generations fucked the world up. End of discussion. YOU are the ones that created all the problems WE have to deal with now. And even worse...I don't think any of my generation understands how fucked up the world is getting OR that we need to start getting proactive and fixing those problems.
YOU?

Well...why doesn't the 80's and 90's generation PUT DOWN their myspace, ipods, XBox 360s, Starbucks and Jamba Juices, and GET TO WORK. Don't know about you, but the generations that you say screwed things up are the ones actually trying to DO something to fix it. Lip service doesn't fix things, and I don't see ANY 20 year olds out there effecting change.

The environment is more 'friendy' now than it ever was in the 60s, 70s or even the 80s. Was it YOUR generation that did that....ummm....NO.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:43 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
YOU?

Well...why doesn't the 80's and 90's generation PUT DOWN their myspace, ipods, XBox 360s, Starbucks and Jamba Juices, and GET TO WORK. Don't know about you, but the generations that you say screwed things up are the ones actually trying to DO something to fix it. Lip service doesn't fix things, and I don't see ANY 20 year olds out there effecting change.

The environment is more 'friendy' now than it ever was in the 60s, 70s or even the 80s. Was it YOUR generation that did that....ummm....NO.
<clears throat>

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:11 AM
RacerX85

Quote:
YOU?

The environment is not "more friendly", rather the rate at which pollutants are introduced into the environment has slowed. As a whole, the earth is still becoming a more toxic place to live.

And some of us are doing things to turn it around, but people like me are few and far between and when we talk, the older people just ignore us for "thinking we know it all", and the majority of our peers ignore us because it doesn't pertain to who slept with who at the last party, what Paris is wearing to the club or any of the vast number of vacuous topics that my generation is engrossed in. You'll see what I mean when I get around to posting in the great thread we had going about the current state of the world.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode