Anything Goes Self explanatory forum name... (No NWS)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Bombing Muslim Holy Sites ?

Discuss...

I think this is indeed the only deterrent we (Western world) have against the fundamentalists and fanatics...

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo’s campaign stood by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good “deterrent” to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States, his spokeswoman said Friday.

“This shows that we mean business,” said Bay Buchanan, a senior Tancredo adviser. “There’s no more effective deterrent than that. But he is open-minded and willing to embrace other options. This is just a means to deter them from attacking us.”

On Tuesday, Tancredo warned a group of Iowans that another terrorist attack would “cause a worldwide economic collapse.” He said that attacking Muslim holy sites first would be the only means to prevent terrorists from attacking America. IowaPolitics.com recorded his comments.

“If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,” Tancredo said. “That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack.”

Tom Casey, a deputy spokesman for the State Department, told CNN’s Elise Labott that the congressman’s comments were “reprehensible” and “absolutely crazy.” Tancredo was widely criticized in 2005 for making a similar suggestion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:31 AM
doomsday machine

I think it's a sure-fire way to galvanize the non-fundamentalists against us.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
7c Forever

that's a really really dumb idea. You'd be alienating what's left of the population that isn't pissed and bent on destruction of the west.

that said.... an ultimatum of "we'll nuke 1 holy site for every terrorist attack from here on out." might do it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgium View Post
“If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,” Tancredo said. “That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack.”
This is completely stupid, of course.
I'm sure Bin Laden and the likes would love to see it happen and would galdly push forward to make an attack just to see this happen, because then (if for instance the westerns would attack their holy sites) a really vast majority of muslims (if not all) would hate us for sure and would do anything at their reach to give us payback.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
I'm sure Bin Laden and the likes would love to see it happen and would galdly push forward to make an attack just to see this happen, because then (if for instance the westerns would attack their holy sites) a really vast majority of muslims (if not all) would hate us for sure and would do anything at their reach to give us payback.
Agreed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Knowledge will cure ignorance, but you can't fix stupid
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
No Crying Allowed

Well maybe there own people can prevent them from attacking us?

I think that's where there going with this, but do the people doing the attacks really care about there own people? nope, all they care about it themselves.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Exactly. This would give them the perfect reason to make any attack on us afterward.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Ask the Chief

moving from digging the hole with a backhoe to a steam shovel.

just keep digging it faster and faster....

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1LOVER View Post
Well maybe there own people can prevent them from attacking us?

I think that's where there going with this, but do the people doing the attacks really care about there own people? nope, all they care about it themselves.
their own people are sheep to a cause.

thats why they allow their children to be used as suicide bombers.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
FAsT BOYS

if anyone who attacks US soldiers uses a religious building for shelter or cover flatten the motherfucker
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Interesting....so what other deterrents do we have ? Economically ? They don't give a crap. All they care about is their twisted view of Islam.

So what leverage do we have ? Anyone can come up with one deterrent we have ? Or are we just fighting a lost cause and should we just throw in the towel and convert to make the extremists happy ?
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
phil-osepher

realistically, we just go on with our lives and try to pretend like it doesn't exist, only giving lip service to the cause when it is politically right to do so...we sit around and contimplate over beer what might happen and why the world is f00ked up, wishing things were better, but back to our lives we go.....and ONLY when it affects us directly and deliberately will we (as a society) start to REALLY care.

That, is the truth.

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snair View Post
if anyone who attacks US soldiers uses a religious building for shelter or cover flatten the motherfucker
We're pretty much in a lose-lose situation...
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 04:54 PM

I wouldn't agree with bombing them intentionally.... However it shouldn't be a safe guard for enemys' to be firing from.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 05:29 PM

There is no real solution to this problem... But I am in favor of maintaining our stance in protecting the innocent as best we can vs. adopting their insane tactics of sacrificing the public for their twisted cause...
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Trust me, I'm a Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin
The solution is simple... systematic genocide. However this country does not have the stomach for that anymore.

USMC: We put the "laughter" back in Slaughter.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Ta Moko

I think its real simple, pull out of Iraq, stop selling arms to the middle east, stop all support for Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Israel, withdraw from the Middle East. No good reason to be there except that we want to control their vast oil and gas fields.

Its really that simple

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Nomad View Post
I think its real simple, pull out of Iraq, stop selling arms to the middle east, stop all support for Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Israel, withdraw from the Middle East. No good reason to be there except that we want to control their vast oil and gas fields.

Its really that simple
no, it's not.

they will follow us home. they won't just stop playing ball because we decided to forfeit. they will stop at nothing but utter destruction of the zion race, and any sign of weakness is an open floodgate.

sorry bro, but nothing is easy anymore.

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
Its even simpler than tht Adrian.... Take controll, let them earn it back....(but thats not politically correct) we shoulda never gave japan back.......could been another state... what makes their land holier than any other...

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Ta Moko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
no, it's not.

they will follow us home. they won't just stop playing ball because we decided to forfeit. they will stop at nothing but utter destruction of the zion race, and any sign of weakness is an open floodgate.

sorry bro, but nothing is easy anymore.
LOL what do I know, nuke them than or its world war 3

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode